It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

Yeah, the Oilers alt sure is different, but I really wanted to pick it up. Apart from the first Edge jerseys, the Oilers have never looked bad and that alt is no exception.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My one pick up this weekend at the warehouse sell. Goalie used practice jersey. Hard to see but it has three large unrepaired holes around the crest.

FullSizeRender%252520%25252814%252529.jp

FullSizeRender%252520%25252816%252529.jp

My one pick up this weekend at the warehouse sell. Goalie used practice jersey. Hard to see but it has three large unrepaired holes around the crest.

Jeez some of those holes look more like evidence of a murder than game use!

Jeez some of those holes look more like evidence of a murder than game use!

That jersey must have been Steve Masons. The jackets were so sick of him ending up on IR that they eventually just tried to kill him in practice using pucks with razors in them.

When that failed they just traded him to Philly, which some would argue is a fate worse than death.

That jersey doesn't have anywhere near enough holes in it to have been used by Steve Mason.

That Phantoms jersey is absolutely beautiful! Will be posting one of those myself in the coming weeks. Who you going with?

LA Kings 2.0 - not sure who to put on it...initial thought was Toffoli...

IMG_3053_zpsozt5awgy.jpg

Atlanta Thrashers 1.0 - probably Kovy, maybe Kozlov not sure

IMG_3031_zpshd7p0poe.jpg

Avs 2.0 - customized by Denver Athletic

IMG_3041_zpsuez40owt.jpg

IMG_3044_zpspalzhsg6.jpg

Oilers 2.0 - probably McDavid or maybe RNH

IMG_3050_zpsmacgex8n.jpg

Flames Retro 2.0 - done by team customizer

IMG_3034_zpsubgokkp8.jpg

IMG_3036_zpsmlzhhb9e.jpg

Old blank Koho replica I had done up by EPS

IMG_3116_zpspjohoozd.jpg

IMG_3118_zpsl5zrf9qx.jpg

Nice haul Ted!

I went Doughty with my Kings but I don't see anything wrong with going Toffoli

I also did an RNH Oilers, the long name is ridiculous lol

Nice haul Ted!

I went Doughty with my Kings but I don't see anything wrong with going Toffoli

I also did an RNH Oilers, the long name is ridiculous lol

Thanks!

Yeah I like Doughty but I might wait to see if they wear them again this season and see who wears it . I was thinking RNH because I saw you posted it's gonna cost like $100+ for the jersey to be customized by the Oilers team customizer, might as well get my moneys worth with the most letters hahah

Very excited about this upcoming project--Having initially being an NBA jersey guy, I caught on the rookie jersey craze. I transferred this craze into this crazy sport, which, alas, will be the Rookie project.

Found this for a great price, a fouled Gilmour in a 46 1.0.

2999DB3B-6BAB-45F9-99A2-56B2730F3FBC_zps

Stripped it all & attached the Wirtz 07-08 patch. This was the first jersey I've ever stripped & it took me ~ 10 hours total to do. Very fortunate there was only little adhesive that didn't stick on the jersey at all. The "C" on the front was slightly more difficult to remove than everything else. All I used was a seam ripper. This one is gonna be sent in for a Kane rookie.

E8D889D1-0721-4B9C-9F3A-B9043F53683D_zps

B1CEE7A1-E2CA-4040-AC0B-691157A46FF3_zps

D80D538E-9DC3-4986-94F5-7671852A9BCE_zps

I think I prefer the fit & feel of the 1.0 over the 2.0... It's so soft.

And subject #2... this one's gonna be a 2006-07 Kopitar rookie. Sending these in tomorrow.

6A88FD06-0074-499D-A09D-D45161E11BDD_zps

237041EE-09DB-4F04-8223-06BB2490FB44_zps

I have only stripped like 4-5 jerseys, the first one took me maybe 3 hours at most, and that was including several 15-20 minute breaks. The last one took me about an hour, did it on my lunch hour at my desk. Perfectly done, no damage, and re customized without any evidence of the strip.

Glue removal, like your P-Bruins needs, is way different than cleaning off a little residual adhesive from under the numbers and nameplate. 10 minutes with a steam iron and an old t-shirt and its done. Of course, that all depends who did the original job, I've been lucky.

I never understand why people say it takes so long, but 10 hours seems like a whole lot.

Edited by mfitz804

The thing that takes me the longest is the horizontal threads-- the twill isn't as cooperative since it's against the 'grain' i guess or their stitching is tighter in that direction idk

Vertically though i tear through the threads

Also, the nameplates can be annoying depending on how the Edges are, can be a bit like a rat's nest sometimes

Edited by FlyersFan376

If you don't care about the twill on the numbers, just use an Xacto knife and cut the threads over the twill... much easier. May damage the twill, but if you're tossing it anyways.

That's what I did with a jersey I had with wrong name on the back for the patched jersey.

Ginger little swipes acrosse the threads. Peeled the letters. Then turned the jersey inside out and the stitching just fell right out with a finger rub.

As some of you may know, I use to collect Mogilny gameworn jerseys from 2008-2012 before exiting the hobby. I also had a mini-collection of my favorite player, Olli Jokinen. Over the past few months, I have slowly re-entered the hobby and was able to acquire a Jokinen back into the collection. 2014-2015 TML Away Set 1. Photos and Photomatch on my site www.hockeyandart.weebly.com. He wore three leafs jerseys. The away (owned) and an alternate and home blue. One of the others is sold and Olli has the other in his collection.

3rKlZGcyFj_VCnflqlii21fhtRbFApcHUHS-AwR4

xAPDUJwtUWt8ugY5IJeQ-cNp4Z2sCHN97IQdn2jX

tCVXVC9E12lZXNIOSNA6iGZiW0zr0uQdGSE0kCPU

usa-today-8410107.0_zps2nshyysq.jpg

Can't post a Jokinen jersey without someone posting this.

gtQro.gif

Since I'm posting in this thread might as well post my recent acquisitions as well...

Jayme Filipowicz 2003-2004 Hartford Wolf Pack grey alternate gamer

htfd_filipowicz_f.jpghtfd_filipowicz_b.jpg

Hugh Jessiman 2010-2011 Rochester Americans specialty "Men's Health Night" gamer

amerks_jessiman_ltblue_f.jpgamerks_jessiman_ltblue_b.jpg

Mike Donnelly 1993-1994 Los Angeles King road gamer

kings_donnelly_f.jpgkings_donnelly_b.jpg

Edited by akteon

1997 – 1998 Kris King gameworn Maple Leafs home jersey, Set 1 – heavy wear, at least a dozen sewn repairs, most of those material-backed, numerous unrepaired holes, abundant stick marks and pilling. “A” on front attached with velcro. Custom tightened sleeves, reinforced fight strap & fight damage to both front & back of neck –

Left Sleeve – 5 repairs, 3 of which are material-backed, unrepaired holes and stick marks

Right Sleeve – 4 material-backed repairs, unrepaired holes and stick marks

Front – Velcro “A”, 1 material-backed repair on right chest, unrepaired holes and stick marks

Back - 1 material-backed repair near left shoulder and pilling on hem

Neck – 1 large material-backed repair at front of neck, back of neck repaired and partially torn again

001_zpsjeerjytz.jpg

002_zpswjd1tlob.jpg

006_zps5rjexxwk.jpg

003_zpsnbrbzjgg.jpg

004_zpsoljpkove.jpg

005_zpsh41zmbem.jpg

007_zpsz6l9bsyg.jpg