It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh...I thought there was a transition. I knew they had screened fleur de lis emblems, numbers and name (with name bar) back in the day. I thought they still used screened name on the name bar for a period of time. Than eventually did away completely with the screen print. You think I can get away with reusing the name bar if I reverse it?

The screened numbers/letters/fleurs-de-lis were all done away with at the same time, after the 1990-91 season.

It's possible the grain/texture of the ultrafil might look different on the other side. Also the serging on the nameplate edges may look different on the other side. If everything looks the same and there's no adhesive to clean up, then I don't see why you couldn't reuse it.

Latest addition: 99-00 Carolina Hurricanes Ron Francis with Raleigh Arena, NHL 2000 and rare team-issued Chiasson memorial patches. Nameplate font is a bit too bold, and captain's C isn't exactly right so going to get those redone.

23665527225_fa684cb25d_b.jpg

23038459243_fa24a436a2_b.jpg

Got a sweet deal on this beauty from classichockeyjerseys. Honestly, I have no idea who the player is, but I bought it for a future conversion project.

The name is screen printed, which as far as I know is correct for the period. I'm hoping the name bar can simply be reversed and reused.

All in all, very happy with it.

That could be the old goalie Sylvain Rodrigue, who was in Quebec's camp back around 1993 or so.

What the hell are you nerds talking about? There is not nearly enough love going to that Ron Francis Hurricanes jersey. That is just a gorgeous piece.

That could be the old goalie Sylvain Rodrigue, who was in Quebec's camp back around 1993 or so.

Good to know! Thank you.

Im pretty sure that some preseason Nordiques from that era had heat pressed names on the jerseys of fringe players.

Also good to know! Thank you.

What the hell are you nerds talking about? There is not nearly enough love going to that Ron Francis Hurricanes jersey. That is just a gorgeous piece.

Thanks, guys!

This came yesterday. 15-16 set 1 David Savard with the new shoulder patches. The jersey has a inch long sewn repair on the back near the 8 and 4 tape repairs on the arms. The jersey also has modified cuffs.

P1020820.JPG

P1020830.JPG

P1020831.JPG

P1020836.JPG

P1020843.JPG

Nice Blue Jackets. I've tried unsuccessfully to talk a friend from Columbus into letting me shop for one for him. "Fresh" from the team, I guess?

Fresh from MeiGray.

As promised here is my newest gamer acquisition and my most expensive one to date. John Madden 1998-99 Red Set 1 game worn jersey. It is a one of a kind as it is the jersey he wore in his first career NHL game (at MSG on 1/6/99) and scored his first NHL point in (an assist in SJ on 1/18/99). Light to moderate wear with marks and pulls throughout. No real repairs as he only played 4 games that year, all away and in January of 1999.

23595524142_53849c86b5_c.jpg

23336128599_19e4af27d2_c.jpg

Thanks lol I hope I didn't disappoint with the hype

I once ran into Madden in Nordstrom at the Short Hills Mall. He asked my advice on a tie, which I gave.

Then when he left, I bought the same one because I was tie shopping, plus I'm a huge dork.