It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

A while ago I called Liebe to ask if the 6100's were stretch twill like the Edges, but the person who helped me didn't know.

I believe the last season for the layered "twill/vinyl/twill sandwich" was 1997/98, then screened from 1998-on. But again, if anyone has any gamers, please chime in, as I'd love to expand my knowledge of this topic.

Ok so met up with less than zero today and brought me some gamers from 2000 and 2001 to look and they are twill/screen print/twill with the stitches going over the screen print tight close together. Total mind blowing that they did it that way.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2002-2003 Krzysztof Oliwa gameworn Rangers PS road jersey – light wear -

YPLJVSG.jpg

BPNYXBB.jpg

1995-1996 Darren Langdon gameworn Binghamton Rangers road jersey – light wear, some popped stitching in the neck, recycled NYR jersey -

UBs8wSk.jpg

LTCOg4q.jpg

1993-1994 Gord Donnelly gameworn Sabres PS road jersey – nameplate has been removed but the outline of it remains and it looks to match up perfectly to where “DONNELLY” would have fit. Jersey also has some minor damage to the left side of the neck from being grabbed and the back seam shows some popped threads & stretching of the stitching in the seam, consistent with being in a fight. Sabres were notorious jersey recyclers especially in the preseason, so everything points to this being a Donnelly -

npGIezF.jpg

aw1gO42.jpg

And ... off topic, but does anyone get like really, really unfocused at the end of the work day knowing the UPS guy is out with a jersey package?

If I were focused on anything else, I wouldn't be involved with this hobby.

High five on that Langdon, Bobby. You should just trade that to me and know you made the world a better place.

And ... off topic, but does anyone get like really, really unfocused at the end of the work day knowing the UPS guy is out with a jersey package?

You wait until the END of the day to do that???

Not a jersey but something to compliment my Ekblad Gamer from last year.

An Aaron Ekblad Goal Puck from the 12/10 game against the Capitals this season. It was Ekblad's 6th goal of the season and his 18th of his career.

Any suggestions how to display a puck with a jerseyl]

I have my pucks displayed like the pics below. The Pronger pic is the celebration after he scored the goal, with the puck case glued to the glass of the frame. The puck case is screwed into the frame on the Giroux goal

image.jpg1_zpsqig1xmjo.jpg

image.jpg3_zps3qw22qho.jpg

Two arrivals from our friends in Branchburg today.

The first was worn by Chris Kelly through six games in the early part of this season. It's been photomatched to Oct. 27 against Phoenix. Since it's a set 1 and Boston has not made any set 2s available, I'm assuming this is just the one he was injured in back in November.

I'm going to make a big push to add more Kelly gamers this season. We shall see.

And a game-issued Erik Cole jersey from 2014-15. I've been looking for a white Stars jersey and this fills my interest in players from upstate NY since Cole is from lovely Oswego, NY. Definitely like the victory green look.

Nice pickups, Dr. You really can't go wrong with those Stars jerseys, between those and the Wild, hands down my two favorite non Devils green jerseys.

2000-2001 Krzysztof Oliwa gameworn Blue Jackets home jersey, Set 1 – good wear, shortened sleeves with elastic added to the cuffs, shortened jersey body, blood stains on the back, with Blue Jackets Inaugural Season patch and restored nameplate (it was removed for jersey to be recycled after he was traded, then restored again prior to being sold by team) -

AslmRuR.jpg

cSOU46T.jpg

ayRZrQN.jpg

e7Kzmxj.jpg

oXjzsVP.jpg

1994-1995 Lyndon Byers gameworn Whalers preseason home jersey – good wear, fight damage to the neck, numerous blood stains on the back, was a recycled 93-94, Set 2 jersey per the rear hem set stamp -

GWJHzBM.jpg

1lSKZoo.jpg

lgzfTNl.jpg

n0aBMnc.jpg

Edited by bobbyp6565

From the JB.IMG_20160119_184348_420.jpg?psid=1&widthIMG_20160119_184544_112.jpg?psid=1&widthIMG_20160119_184417_601.jpg?psid=1&widthIMG_20160119_184634_793.jpg?psid=1&width

Serious question for y'all based on what I see on Facebook: What is your true definition of a grail? That word seems to be used rather loosely in other venues.

I'm even rethinking what I consider to be my grails. As in... I really only have one and that's my avatar picture.

Stop reading anything Morten posts. They're all "Grails". It's irritating.

Serious question for y'all based on what I see on Facebook: What is your true definition of a grail? That word seems to be used rather loosely in other venues.

I'm even rethinking what I consider to be my grails. As in... I really only have one and that's my avatar picture.

Great question.

For me I personally don't have a "grail" jersey. There are many in my collection that I will value more than others would value it, i.e. My Phaneuf first jersey as captain gamer (it does have a blue traffic cone sewn into it for all those wondering)

If there is one that I want, I'll search for it knowing that I will most likely find it one day.

Most of the time people who use that term should be after an 88-89 Fleury gamer, or an 83 Gretzky gamer. Something that there is one of. Personally I don't want to spend that much money on a jersey and have to worry about it

My "Grail" would be a Brodeur game worn. Cannot and will never afford one.

Probably couldn't fit into it either.

My "Grail" would be a Brodeur game worn. Cannot and will never afford one.

There was one listed a week or so ago...only $4000!

There was one listed a week or so ago...only $4000!

Exactly. But if I had $4,000 in one shot I would likely not be investing in a jersey. Not at this time, anyway. I did tell my wife I was buying one when we win Powerball.

Evidently, the ticket we won $7 on was not sufficient.

My 'Grails' would be Bob Probert gamers - have a Hawks, still need a Wings -

My grail is already in my collection, but that doesn't mean I'm done collecting. I just know that nothing will top it (at least in my price range).

Stop reading anything Morten posts. They're all "Grails". It's irritating.

Pretty much this. He is not alone though and I see many other collectors use it very loosely and it has pretty much lost all meaning.

In my book a grail must be:

1) Somewhat hard to find

2) Have some unique quality about it that means something to you or others

3) Must have at least some value to it.

A grail is not something that:

1) Is easy to find from a dealer who has many similar shirts or is constantly on ebay

2) You get in one day, post about how excited you are to have it and then only for you to sell it within a couple of weeks and/or months

3) Costs about the same as a customized replica from NHL shop.

There are 4 jerseys that I would consider grails for me:

1) Elias 2000 SCF red gamer used in game 6 - High probability Elias owns this so I doubt I will ever own or even see this

2) Mike Peluso Devils game worn jersey - Finding and of his stuff is pretty hard and I was lucky enough to get a 94-95 red set 1 gamer of his late last year but with a restored nameplate. Good enough for me so Mission Accomplished.

3) Andy Greene First NHL game jersey - Never seen this surface and never have seen any from his first year (2006-07 though NHL considers 07-08 his rookie year as he didn't play many games in 06-07).

4) John MacLean Devils game worn jersey - His gamers are known amongst Devils collectors to be one of, if not he hardest player to get. I only know of 2 collectors who have at least 1 of his gamers and you would basically have to saw it off of their hands to get it. Doubt I will ever get one.

My 'Grails' would be Bob Probert gamers - have a Hawks, still need a Wings -

A lady I work with has a Probert Red Wings gamer. Bob threw it over the glass to her husband after a fight many moons ago. I've offered to buy it on many occasions but she's shot me down every single time.

Pretty much this. He is not alone though and I see many other collectors use it very loosely and it has pretty much lost all meaning.

In my book a grail must be:

1) Somewhat hard to find

2) Have some unique quality about it that means something to you or others

3) Must have at least some value to it.

A grail is not something that:

1) Is easy to find from a dealer who has many similar shirts or is constantly on ebay

2) You get in one day, post about how excited you are to have it and then only for you to sell it within a couple of weeks and/or months

3) Costs about the same as a customized replica from NHL shop.

I guess that's true. If you consider the genesis of the phrase "grail", you certainly can't just go to MeiGray and buy one. By that logic, my Brodeur gamer isn't necessarily a "grail" because you can find a billion of them, you just have to have the ability to pay for them.

So I will readjust my grail expectations. I guess at this point a size 56 CCM Ultrafil vintage red/green Devils authentic fits the bill, as I have never seen one for sale, I don't have one and they are no longer making them, and it has some value. Maybe not rare gamer value, but as authentic go.

Got one more piece of my TBTC set. It's a size 50 and not in perfect condition, but I'm very happy to have it. Lots of piling to be removed and a full strip job. I lucked out because the numbers weren't glued down. Should be an easy strip.

6 down and 2 to go...Rangers and Canadiens are left!

20160120_224442-1_zps6i4ounvb.jpg

A lady I work with has a Probert Red Wings gamer. Bob threw it over the glass to her husband after a fight many moons ago. I've offered to buy it on many occasions but she's shot me down every single time.

That's a gold mine she has there - his Wings jerseys appear every few years @ one auction house or another, but they're getting more and more crazy in cost - at some point the stars will align and I'll snag one. Very happy to have landed the one I do have -

I got my order back from Keener this week. My first time using him, or anyone other than Great Plains (Flames jerseys), and I was incredibly happy with his work. A very exciting day!

IMG_0555_zpsvwv6d4wo.jpg

IMG_0556_zpscpyxnkjr.jpg

IMG_0558_zps6s24r8eg.jpg

IMG_0561_zps8cnu3pq1.jpg

IMG_0562_zpskimhc0al.jpg

IMG_0565_zpsktgt18u6.jpg

IMG_0566_zpsiefezmy9.jpg

IMG_0569_zpshxpnlh3g.jpg

IMG_0571_zpsnqf5rjm5.jpg