It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keener made the kit for my white Liberty Gretzky jersey (Mike did the work), and it came out absolutely perfect. Those look beautiful. I even like the Ozzy!

Thanks! I was very impressed with his work. It was actually reviews from folks on this board that sent me his way.

The Osgood was a last minute choice and I had a bit of buyers remorse after sending it off, but once I got it back, I was really happy with how it looked. Especially in person, that orange really pops out.

Very nice haul! Always love a 2002-2004 Team Canada. Nice choice on Yzerman. All very nice jerseys...well done!

Thanks! I was very impressed with his work. It was actually reviews from folks on this board that sent me his way.

The Osgood was a last minute choice and I had a bit of buyers remorse after sending it off, but once I got it back, I was really happy with how it looked. Especially in person, that orange really pops out.

Hard to tell from the pic, but is it an actual goalie-cut jersey?

Keener's work is great, they just did a nameplate for me and it was perfect.

Edited by mfitz804

This arrived last weekend from The Dude Abides, great seller, sorry for the shoddy images, camera work isn't my forte

Can never get enough of those 90's Leafs ultrafils. That customization though.

First pickup in a while! Frank Corrado Game Worn Rookie Jersey with LOA from the Canucks. Set 2 White worn March 30 2013 - May 7th 2013. Fairly light wear on it, Few stick marks throughout and an unrepaired hole on the left sleeve.

Z4MMAcv.jpg

R2F0qBH.jpg

Edited by desmopilot

Sweet Barberpole Hawks! Still looking for one of those myself.

Thanks man. Been looking for a while too.

This will sound positively ridiculous, but who is Keener and how do I get a hold of them for '12 Stars jersey since I can't get a hold of Blakes?

Also, do the Kings use nameplates? Or are they direct to the jersey? JB has a really nice Kopi throwback Gold/Purple and it looks like the letters are direct - just want to make sure it's proper.

This will sound positively ridiculous, but who is Keener and how do I get a hold of them for '12 Stars jersey since I can't get a hold of Blakes?

Also, do the Kings use nameplates? Or are they direct to the jersey? JB has a really nice Kopi throwback Gold/Purple and it looks like the letters are direct - just want to make sure it's proper.

Keener Jerseys is in Winnipeg. I'm waiting on my first order to be returned, but from what I've seen of his work, he's the man.

His attention to detail is amazing and adding custom touches like a Gretzky double tag or a missing shield is no problem.

I think all will agree, a safe bet indeed.

Heres their email:

info@keenerjerseys.com

Heres their website:

http://keenerjerseys.com/

KeenerJerseys.com

Kings do not use nameplates. On the vintage gamers, both the top and bottom layers of each letter are individually sewn directly to the jersey, so there are 2 rows of stitching visible from the inside of the jersey, not just one. (If you're picky about that sort of thing.) JB's are probably not like that, but it still looks the same anyway from the outside.

Have you actually tried calling Blakes? They're a bit of a mom and pop company and they've always responded when I've called. Their # is (972) 278-1183. Edited by thebiggoalie

KeenerJerseys.com

Kings do not use nameplates. On the vintage gamers, both the top and bottom layers of each letter are individually sewn directly to the jersey, so there are 2 rows of stitching visible from the inside of the jersey, not just one. (If you're picky about that sort of thing.) JB's are probably not like that, but it still looks the same anyway from the outside.

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. I'm not too upset as long as the work done is good - I am just excited to get my first Kings jersey! Also cool that JB had them. Are his customs decent?

Have you actually tried calling Blakes? Their a bit of a mom and pop company and they've always responded when I've called. Their # is (972) 278-1183.

I have tried, but never can get a hold of them. I will try again today - thanks!

I have tried, but never can get a hold of them. I will try again today - thanks!

They may also just be busy this time of year. I've heard that if you send them a jersey or two in July/August, their turnaround time could be as little as 5 days.

Keener Jerseys is in Winnipeg. I'm waiting on my first order to be returned, but from what I've seen of his work, he's the man.

His attention to detail is amazing and adding custom touches like a Gretzky double tag or a missing shield is no problem.

I think all will agree, a safe bet indeed.

Heres their email:

info@keenerjerseys.com

Heres their website:

http://keenerjerseys.com/

Thanks for the info!

They may also just be busy this time of year. I've heard that if you send them a jersey or two in July/August, their turnaround time could be as little as 5 days.

Sweet, I'll give them a holler. May send them a blank victory green when i grab one later this spring to have it ready for next season.

While we're on the topic of keener, does anybody know if he is able to, or willing to recreate a stacked twill crest? I'm not to satisfied with my options so far and seeing some of his work and attention to detail I feel like he could nail it if he can do that stuff.

While we're on the topic of keener, does anybody know if he is able to, or willing to recreate a stacked twill crest? I'm not to satisfied with my options so far and seeing some of his work and attention to detail I feel like he could nail it if he can do that stuff.

I think the answer is probably two-fold... does he have the skills/equipment? Yes, probably. Is he legally allowed to recreate a trademarked/copyrighted logo? No, probably not.

And then thirdly, actually... Will he? I won't speculate on that one way or the other, you'd have to ask him.

Edited by dsl135

Good points, I sent him an email. Wasn't considering the copyright stuff since its a long defunct team, but I'd have to imagine the parent team still holds its rights.

I am just excited to get my first Kings jersey! Also cool that JB had them. Are his customs decent?

Usually retail Kings lettering is noticeably off no matter who the customizer is. But these vintage ones that JB has look almost exactly like the gamers. If you want to be super picky, the bottom white layer of the letters is microscopically thicker than on the gamers, but it's very, very subtle and hard to notice unless you do a side-by-side comparison.