It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

If it's a 2008/09, there should be a tag in the collar that says LOS ANGELES KINGS OFFICIAL GAME JERSEY with a code below, like 08K___. If it's a 2007/08, there usually is a tag that says 2007-08 GAME JERSEY. But some may not have had any tags.

02481415222334-vi.jpg01481414981375-vi.jpg

Edited by thebiggoalie

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, it's from 2008/09.

Edited by LAK74

Yup, it's from 2008/09.

How can you tell? If it's what I think you're thinking, there's another piece of the puzzle. ;)

How can you tell?

I just know my s***, lol. :D

I just know my s***, lol. :D

I really want to know, just to be sure.

One thing I'd like to mention, is that the number on the certificate was ORIGINALLY the one on the tag, but then the 9 on the tag was altered to look like an 8, as it appears in the certificate.

I'm very familiar with the set tags throughout the years, and believe me, that is a 2008/09 season tag. The stamped numbers often got so smudged that 2 identical numbers might look really different on the same tag. I highly doubt that 8 has been altered, it's just smudged. The last 3 digits of the code are random and unique to that player for that season. Even if LaBarbera had played for the Kings in 2009/10 (which he didn't), there's virtually no chance he would have had the same number 178 on a 2009/10 jersey. In any case, the tag design changed for 2009/10 and moved to the inside hem, and the code for the road jersey would have been 09A___. To me, there's no question the serial number on the COA corresponds to the game jersey tag.

I'm very familiar with the set tags throughout the years, and believe me, that is a 2008/09 season tag. The stamped numbers often got so smudged that 2 identical numbers might look really different on the same tag. I highly doubt that 8 has been altered, it's just smudged. The last 3 digits of the code are random and unique to that player for that season. Even if LaBarbera had played for the Kings in 2009/10 (which he didn't), there's virtually no chance he would have had the same number 178 on a 2009/10 jersey. In any case, the tag design changed for 2009/10 and moved to the inside hem, and the code for the road jersey would have been 09A___. To me, there's no question the serial number on the COA corresponds to the game jersey tag.

Sweet! Thanks for the Info LAK. This was very helpful.

In the end, it's one badass jersey! :)

Any time, buddy. Always glad to be of help.

Just added Cam Ward's 2014-15 game-worn alternate jersey to the collection. It's photomatched to the celebration of his 500th career NHL game, among other games.

26126679511_1e32be444b_b.jpg26100549762_1315200d67_b.jpg

25920188540_672b4ba75b_b.jpg

Edited by Mr2Bits

I absolutely LOVE that jersey, Bobby. The design of those is spot-on, and the fact that Wardo wore it, AND for his 500th game celebration; that's a beauty! Congrats!

That's a sick jersey!

I absolutely LOVE that jersey, Bobby. The design of those is spot-on, and the fact that Wardo wore it, AND for his 500th game celebration; that's a beauty! Congrats!

Thanks! Pretty surreal to look up at it hanging in my office.

I always find gamers that were worn in ceremonies to be pretty cool.

Nice find!

So, my first authentic arrived today. Edge 2.0 white Canes, 2007-2013.

IMG_0516_zpswzf5ynpb.jpg

Bad news is I'm not totally in love with the fit, mainly the sleeve length. It's a 52, and I suspect I might like a 50 more. Problem is, it seems like all I can find in size 50 are 1.0s and Indos, and I feel like I've seen a number of people say they preferred the 2.0 over the 1.0 in terms of fit and material. So I'm trying to decide whether to return it or hold onto it in the hopes that I get used to the fact that it feels a little different than what I'm used to (for comparison's sake, my other two jerseys are a medium premier, which fits great, and a large CCM 550, which is a little big but I can live with it). If I decide to keep it, planning on getting it customized as a Justin Faulk.

Well, you do have the real deal, so you can't get any better than that. But your jersey is team-issued, and a size 52 is the smallest you're ever likely to find, since basically no player would need a jersey smaller than 52. Your only hope to go smaller in a 2.0 is if some dealer like JerseyBaron were to special order them in a retail version, but that almost certainly won't happen because it's no longer the current model, and there's very little demand for that jersey. Retail 1.0 versions (including size 50) have been available on eBay for under $60, and the seller is still trying to get rid of them.

Btw, if the sleeves on that 2.0 52 are too long for you, the 1.0 size 50 sleeves might be even longer.

Edited by LAK74

Yeah, size 50 1.0 sleeves probably wouldn't be any better at all.

If it's close, it's wouldn't be too hard to have the sleeves of that one shortened by an inch or so.

Ah, so thanks for answering the question that I didn't quite get around to asking (about 1.0 sizing). It's not that the sleeves fall unreasonably far down my hand, but somehow the combination of the length and width gives me the impression of "too large" rather than "fits right". I imagine I'll get used to it.

Oh, and that Ward game-worn is awesome!

That answers a question I had, as you said a Premier Medium fits you well. The Premier arms are really long, so I wondered why the 2.0 52's arms weren't to your liking. The 2.0's arms are really wide and baggy, much more so than on a Premier or 1.0. Even if a size 50 1.0's sleeves are just as long as the 2.0 52's, they are much narrower and so will feel less large than your 2.0's sleeves.

My Sens 05-07 alt arrived from the Baron.

7Y6vUIPm.jpg

I'm thinking Heatley, even though I'm already getting him on my Koho Thrashers replica. This is also my first duplicate jersey, as I already own a Koho replica version of this alt.

Edited by TheKevinShow

Bad news is I'm not totally in love with the fit, mainly the sleeve length.

Hey, players customize their jerseys all the time. You could always take it to a seamstress and have the sleeve length reduced. That'd be cool to have it customized just for you.

And love the jersey - nice pickup!

A couple arrived this week. First up, 2013-14 Giroux road with nice wear. MGG LOA

IMG_3320-vi.jpg

IMG_3360-vi.jpg

This white set 2 jersey was worn by Claude on the road from 12-15-13 through 2-3-14. In those 15 games, Giroux scored 6 goals and added 9 assists for a total of 15 points. The team would go 8-7 during that stretch of games. The jersey shows decent wear with the front exhibiting puckering to the crest from washings, three markings on the lower front, and the Captain's "C" proudly sewn to the left breast. The right arm shows two nice un-repaired holes/board burns, five black markings, and loose threads to the arm numbers. The left sleeve has two nice board burns, six black markings, and loose threads to the sleeve #8. The rear shows nice even wear with puckering to the rear numbers and nameplate, and a nice double cut on the top of the rear #8 that has been photo matched. The inside of the jersey exhibits a size 52 tag, pilling on the right elbow, and pilling to the left arm and elbow area.

And had this one done up by Philly Express. Size 58 Ghost.

IMG_3365-vi.jpg

IMG_3373-vi.jpg

1987-1988 Shane Churla gameworn Flames road jersey - 1988 Calgary Olympics patch on the shoulder, vented neck which has some fight damage/tearing to it as well, lots of filth around the neck from being grabbed during fights, some repairs to the sleeves, tons of stick marks, good overall level of filth and wear. Jersey also has evidence of being worn prior to Churla and recycled to him based on serious fading of outline of crest and numbers vs. less fading to the outline of the letters on the nameplate. No evidence of a longer nameplate being affixed so previous wearer had a shorter name than Churla - in 86-87 #15 was Brett Hull for 5 regular season games - no way to ever prove it, but it’s at least a strong possibility -

pznkJMM.jpg

GJ5Ahtj.jpg

D4lzvh6.jpg

IhuMZ6U.jpg

t8j5apM.jpg

kXfhXdH.jpg

1995-1996 Shayne Corson Blues training camp worn jersey - heavy wear, name originally affixed to jersey on velcro'd nameplate which was long ago removed -

NorzNJt.jpg

1jSDtKo.jpg

Edited by bobbyp6565

That Calgary jersey is on fire. The Hull facts make it a possible 'undercover' gem, like a scratch-off or something.

Very excited to own this rare beauty!

2004 Primus Worldstars Martin Brodeur team-issued size 58 goalie cut.

The 2004 Worldstars Tour was held in December of 2004 during the NHL lockout. The team consisted of several NHL stars playing 10 games in 10 different European countries.

The jersey is missing the front sponsor patch but I ain't shook, it wasn't a deal breaker.

20160405042047_IMG_5391-1_zpsy7jtzsgd.jp

20160405041919_IMG_5387_zpsrlopzgyz.jpg

20160405041929_IMG_5388_zpsjj7cbvzm.jpg

20160405042159_IMG_5393_zpswkvlqdwe.jpg

20160405042059_IMG_5392_zpsoilzbxtr.jpg

20160405042221_IMG_5394_zpssrpfezbv.jpg

51875851-goalie-martin-brodeur-of-the-pr

Ok, now that is really cool. I don't even want to know what that cost you.