It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

The high waist stripe with the anchors on that Ads jersey is crazy, especially seeing it worn. Nice pickup.

Love the John Moore Finals, Vince. Congrats!

Here's a couple of my recent acquisitions:

leafs_moore_hhof_front_sm.jpgleafs_moore_hhof_back_sm.jpg
83681622.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA

stl_eastwood_f_sm.jpgstl_eastwood_b_sm.jpg

tbay_ekman_f_sm.jpgtbay_ekman_b_sm.jpg

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys...

Great Dom Moore and other past Rangers pickups Matt!! The Leafs Moore is great! :thumbsup:

Edited by enzo269

The high waist stripe with the anchors on that Ads jersey is crazy, especially seeing it worn. Nice pickup.

Love the John Moore Finals, Vince. Congrats!

Here's a couple of my recent acquisitions:

Two out of three Leafs ain't bad! :thumbsup:

Leafs are the best at developing players for other teams.

The Flyers would like to have a word with you...

'98/'99 Milan Hejduk rookie

IMG_4724.jpg

IMG_4729.jpg

IMG_4727.jpg

IMG_4731.jpg

Edited by SuperTheGreat

Just got this back from artcraft sports. Thx again for the customizer list angelo

18ie6sml.jpg

bYaKAf8l.jpg

Customization came out great, but they creased the numbers a bit when they stuffed the jersey into the shipping box. Was upset at first but the most of the creasing is gone when I ironed the numbers so I'm happy again :thumbsup:

Just got this back from artcraft sports. Thx again for the customizer list angelo

Customization came out great, but they creased the numbers a bit when they stuffed the jersey into the shipping box. Was upset at first but the most of the creasing is gone when I ironed the numbers so I'm happy again :thumbsup:

No, thank you - for taking the proper measures on your jersey. Our community is better for it.

Nice Hejduk!! Hopefully they retire his number next year

Is that a Starter mesh nameplate? And are the numbers supposed to be stacked? I'm still not sure when they used stacked and switched to kiss-cut

Sweet Hejduk. He's been one of my favorites for many years.

Nice Hejduk!! Hopefully they retire his number next year

Is that a Starter mesh nameplate? And are the numbers supposed to be stacked? I'm still not sure when they used stacked and switched to kiss-cut

Thanks guys. It is a starter mesh plate. I scored a pretty trashed jersey a while back for like $40 & using it for plates.

Here's what I know of the Avs jersey history & construction - mostly from http://www.eddiesjerseyroom.com/ and personal conversations with folks at Denver Athletic and the Avs trainer (who was at DA one day when I was there picking up a jersey)

* '95/96 First generation number font, some asymmetrical letters- 3 layer stacked - probably lettered by Starter (This is just my personal assumption. Anyone with info to the contrary - I'd love to hear what you know)

* '96/97 First generation font, no more asymmetrical letters, slight changes to other letters as well - Some form of kiss cut number construction, no longer 3 layer stack - Still probably lettered by Starter......Until around the playoffs, when gamers appear with one number 1st gen. font and the other 2nd gen. font (mostly #1s in 2nd gen) on the same jersey. Then for the playoff jersey set the numbers all changed to 2nd gen. font- presumably still kiss cut - and possibly due to lettering contract being taken over by someone else (again, anyone with more info, please......)

* '97/98 Full 2nd generation number font - still kiss cut - not sure who lettered the jerseys. From a conversation I had with Nate at Denver Athletic they never kiss cut until the Edge jerseys and he couldn't remember when they took over the contract for the Avs, so if '97/98 gamers are kiss cut it makes sense to assume that DA didn't do these jerseys

* '98/99 2nd gen font - All 3 layer stack and presumably due to the change in construction this must have been when DA took over.

* '99/00 ProPlayer jerseys, same construction as previous year

* '00/01 CCM/Koho jerseys, same construction

* Nate at DA says they didn't start kiss cutting numbers until Edge jerseys started, but I've heard elsewhere that they started doing it when Reebok took over.

So, there you go. That's what I know (or think I know).

What's the hat made out of? Felt, chenille or just twill?

Also, is the whole crest one piece or is the jaw separate? I'm always fascinated by that design. It's so out of the ordinary and unique.

Awesome Starter Hejduk Joel. Those starter Avs jerseys always look so nice

What's the hat made out of? Felt, chenille or just twill?

Also, is the whole crest one piece or is the jaw separate? I'm always fascinated by that design. It's so out of the ordinary and unique.

Agree...one of the weirdest and neatest designs out there.

The old school Brewers logo on there is the cherry on top too, if you're going to have a sponsor for your team then another sports franchise in your town is probably the coolest sponsor you can get.

Awesome Starter Hejduk Joel. Those starter Avs jerseys always look so nice

Thanks Gary, they really are beautiful. I think the Avs back in the playoffs this year re-ignited my love of the Starters. Now if I could only find a ProPlayer in a 48!

Well, it was worth it:

circa20142aReebokEDGEauthentic-vi.jpgcirca20142bReebokEDGEauthentic-vi.jpg

The patch is the coolest part. It looks like they laser cut the air-knit fabric to cover up the incorrect positioning.

DSC07584-vi.jpg

Also, the back numbers are waaaaay off-center. Excellent.

^Absolutely hideous.

Does that airknit actually cover a patch, or just the glue from the original novice job?

I don't feel a patch underneath the fabric so I'm assuming it's just the glue spot. It's still pretty wild though. Just like the 89-90 Oilers!

Is the fabric sewn down? Doesn't look like it. For all you sticklers out there, ya or nay to matching the error when adding the finals patch to an authentic jersey?

Nope, it's not. It feels heat-pressed as a full piece of fabric with a backing on it. In other words, it doesn't feel like the old glue is the only thing holding it down. But rather that they added a heat-pressed backing to the fabric after cutting it. It's quite firm too because I gave the edge a bit of a picking out of curiosity and it's not budging. On a scale of one to ten on duplication difficulty, I give it an 8.