Next on your list...

Mach_9

I have a Drury Avalanche jersey with a Stanley Cup patch on it. I can't remember the last time I wore it, if I haven't pawned it yet. When players go to different clubs than what's on the the jersey, I tend to send those to the back of the line in the jersey rotation.

I almost like showing up to see a guy like Forsberg play wearing a Colorado jersey, or a guy like Kovalev, while wearing a Rangers jersey. Shows how long you've been a fan. I mean - part of it is that I can't afford to buy a new jersey everytime someone gets traded, but I still get a kick out of showing up to a Montreal vs Islanders game and wearing a Rangers Kovalev sweater. It shows how long I've liked Kovalev and that I'm definitly not rooting for the Islanders (no offense to Desert, since I know you like the Isles a bit).

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope I win this jersey contest, I'm 17, and it will be years (i.e. college loans, bills, starting a life) before I can really afford an authentic jersey again.

If I do, I'll get something good. Either a Crosby/Malkin, or something classic, like a retro Bruins Bobby Orr or a Blackhawks with Tony Esposito.

Sorry, I don't mean to play on anyone sympathies.

But I did stay on topic and give my list.

Thrashers Road Kovalchuk #17

Penguins Road LeClair #10

Canadiens Dark LeClair #17

Vancouver Canucks Dark (Name and number currently unknown)

Sabres Vintage LaFontaine #16

Sabres (Not sure which one) LaFountain #16

Sabres (Not sure which one) LaFountain #11 (For the Wife)

Slight update and order not in any particular order.

The player I (and many others) despise most.... and to think you are now a mod! :o

Next thing you know he'll be bringing Leafs fans in by the dozen to overthrow us :unsure:

If my interest in Tucker does not allow me to be a mod, then strip my powers so be it :) One day, everyone will be a leaf fan. Muahahaha

If my interest in Tucker does not allow me to be a mod, then strip my powers so be it :) One day, everyone will be a leaf fan. Muahahaha

nhl_g_tucker_195.jpg

"One is a dumb animal with poor coordination who can't skate very well and gets overexcited whenever he's let out on the ice. The other is the Leafs' mascot."

Is there a more hated player in today's NHL?

Sean Avery?

• 4 weeks later...

My want list never seems to end. I get one and then something else strikes me as a 'gotta have'.

I'd like to get a Ovechkin Moscow Dynamo #32 sometime.

I'd also really, really like to get a 2002 blue NHL All-Star jersey. Surprizingly hard to find when the 1994-97 styles are everywhere. Odd.

Updating the list for kicks, since I added a new one to the collection recently (Home Ovechkin Authentic) :D

- Ovechkin - Nike Swift Russa 8

- Pominville - Road Authentic 29

- Briere - Road Authentic or Third 48

- Kovalchuk - Road Authentic 17

- Kovalchuk - Nike Swift Russia 71

- Malkin - Nike Swift Russia 18

- Havlat - Nike Swift Czech 24

- Havlat - Chicago Third Authentic 24

- A few different Ovechkin Russian jerseys, besides the Olympic one.

- Prucha - Rangers Home Authentic 25

God, I wish I could find the white Russian Olympic jerseys so I could have some variation in my collection when I finally get around to those. I think my heritage is coming through or something, because I've been on a huge Russia kick this past year or so.

I'm debating on getting a Winnipeg Jets vintage road jersey or a Coyotes jersey personalized, and they have a prospect who has my last name and my old hockey number, so I think I'm leaning that way. I'm thinking about trying to get a Giguere new Ducks jersey when I go to their game in April.

Long term I'm gonna try to save for an authentic or personalized Edmonton home blue jersey. Love that one.

Can't go wrong with those Edmonton sweaters... I really like them. I may get a Hemsky some day - he's a good bet, they locked him long time and they seem to love him.

I'm debating on getting a Winnipeg Jets vintage road jersey or a Coyotes jersey personalized, and they have a prospect who has my last name and my old hockey number, so I think I'm leaning that way. I'm thinking about trying to get a Giguere new Ducks jersey when I go to their game in April.

Long term I'm gonna try to save for an authentic or personalized Edmonton home blue jersey. Love that one.

Ironically, I wore my 1980's style blue Jets Hawerchuk jersey (with the horizontal rectangular Goals for Kids patch) to the game last night.

NICE! Sounds like you should do that more often, 7-4 win last night! Where did the offense come from all of the sudden? :)

I have worn it before and it never helped. What I wear to the game has zero bearing on the team's performance, of course, but it's fun thinking it does. I wore it in honor of the cold snap that hit town. These people in Phoenix are cold? I'd tell them to go to the 'peg if ya want cold!

It was a crazy game. It was 2-2 after the 5 minutes. The 7-4 score reminded me of the old days when the Jets would often see scores like that. The 7000 or so people there (my guess, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms) saw a good one. Plenty of scoring, a few good fights, a Coyote win...couldn't go wrong with that!

How many people out there actually still know who the Jets are/were?

I remember reading an article last year after the Avs got swept by the Ducks in the 2nd round. Basically, it was that a lot of people were confused by the fact that it was only the second time the Avs have been swept in a four-game series in the franchise's 26 year history. Some people had thought that the Avs had only been around for 10 years.

If you're not a long time fan, I doubt people remember Hartford, Winnipeg, Quebec, old Atlanta, old Minnesota and so on.

I have worn it before and it never helped. What I wear to the game has zero bearing on the team's performance, of course, but it's fun thinking it does. I wore it in honor of the cold snap that hit town. These people in Phoenix are cold? I'd tell them to go to the 'peg if ya want cold!

It was a crazy game. It was 2-2 after the 5 minutes. The 7-4 score reminded me of the old days when the Jets would often see scores like that. The 7000 or so people there (my guess, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms) saw a good one. Plenty of scoring, a few good fights, a Coyote win...couldn't go wrong with that!

After the way they started against the Islanders and the way they held off Anaheim in the second game, I thought we'd be in for a good season of Coyotes hockey this year. So much for that theory so far... I'm very superstitious when it comes to wearing a certain jersey if the team wins. Usually it doesn't last more than a two games...haha.

I was thrilled to see Georges get the Gordie Howe hat trick in the last home game against the Kings! I was hoping he was keeping his scoring thing going when I saw the score.

Going to a hockey game in snowy weather. That's some fun stuff, I don't think most could handle it down here!

• 2 weeks later...

this is my next jersey. i won the auction last night.

Roenick_1.JPG

Roenick_2.JPG

Roenick_3.JPG

i can't wait to hold it in my hands. I'm not really into game worn jerseys. but this one was at a good price while the game worn jersey of the regular season cost a lot more, especially J.R. jerseys

this is my next jersey. i won the auction last night.

i can't wait to hold it in my hands. I'm not really into game worn jerseys. but this one was at a good price while the game worn jersey of the regular season cost a lot more, especially J.R. jerseys

Very nice win, game worn jerseys are always a nice thing to have. Sounds like the Phoenix fans are glad to see J.R. back in Arizona too.