• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome pickup Brilliant.

I have narrowed my next authentic down to three choices

Minnesota (Green) Gaborik

Nashville (3rd / what can I say like the jersey for its uniqueness) Radulov

Montreal (3rd) Latendresse

Go with Latendresse :stickhndl:

I won't be picking up a new jersey for a far longer time than I'd intended now. Last night I amassed an emergency hospital bill that cuts deep into the leisure and hobby budget. Not in a good mood <_<

Awesome pickup Brilliant.

I have narrowed my next authentic down to three choices

Minnesota (Green) Gaborik

Nashville (3rd / what can I say like the jersey for its uniqueness) Radulov

Montreal (3rd) Latendresse

Nashville 3rd? Uh, "uniqueness" is a kind word for that thing. The problem for me is I love to collect what I call "The Curious, Weird and Ugly" and that one sure fills the bill, as they say, so I fear I'm destined to add one some day.

The Wild Green Gaborik give you some options to dress it up as well. A 2004 All-Star game patch, a 5th Season patch and the "A", or just the "A" can all be put on a green Gaborik.

There's an obscure reason to get Montreal Latendresse though. Anyone know what it is? Bueller?

Nashville 3rd? Uh, "uniqueness" is a kind word for that thing. The problem for me is I love to collect what I call "The Curious, Weird and Ugly" and that one sure fills the bill, as they say, so I fear I'm destined to add one some day.

The Wild Green Gaborik give you some options to dress it up as well. A 2004 All-Star game patch, a 5th Season patch and the "A", or just the "A" can all be put on a green Gaborik.

There's an obscure reason to get Montreal Latendresse though. Anyone know what it is? Bueller?

First and only player to wear 84 so far in the NHL?

Nice pickup, by the way, Brilliant. Sorry I'm too dazed and moody to have mentioned it before. Good looking sweater.

Yes, he is the only one to ever wear 84 and another funny fact about that is that now every single number from 1 to 99 has been used by at least one person in the history of the NHL.

The first roster player to wear no. 84, and also the last number (0-99) that had previously not been worn in the NHL.

I won't be picking up a new jersey for a far longer time than I'd intended now. Last night I amassed an emergency hospital bill that cuts deep into the leisure and hobby budget. Not in a good mood <_<

That's unfortunate. Thanks for your input. I'll probably order within the next two weeks. I have some hockey equipment to buy and have to save for the NCAA Hockey tournament (East Regional is in Rochester).

I had to describe think of a nice way to describe it. I like the logo and the layout is good but they could of did something with the color scheme. There is just something about it that attracts me to it. It's kind of strange.

Hope things are well Mach!

I got a chance to look at the authentic Coyotes jersey tonight and I really noticed the differences and they make me want that one more now. I like the thought of not losing the logo by the glue coming off. Not sure if I want to get it personalized though, will see on that one.

Mach, sorry to hear that you're having problems.

Latendresse is a good choice, cool number, but I don't think I want to have the character string 'dress' on the back of my shirt. :D

I had to describe think of a nice way to describe it. I like the logo and the layout is good but they could of did something with the color scheme. There is just something about it that attracts me to it. It's kind of strange.

I'd get the Nashville 3rd, but I like having one of the more unique jerseys in the collection. If a jersey was ever "beautiful and ugly" at the same time, that's the one. My Marian Cisar replica still gets plenty of wear. B)

Hope things are well Mach!

I got a chance to look at the authentic Coyotes jersey tonight and I really noticed the differences and they make me want that one more now. I like the thought of not losing the logo by the glue coming off. Not sure if I want to get it personalized though, will see on that one.

I got my Coyotes replica jerseys personalized, since they had just switched to the brick ones and I wanted a set right away; I didn't want to wait for the authentics, but that was just one reason. I do worry that someday my patches will peel off, but I have NEVER had that happen on a CCM semi-pro. I could get the things sewn as reinforcement, but I'm lazy. I like the quality of the crests on the authentic jerseys, but not enough to pay twice the price of the best replica. That's just me.

got this one in the mail....happy and idsappointed at the same time as they use the wrong design for the Alternates A...anyone know where I can pick up the correct version? I'd hate to buy a complete kit just to get a new one

smalle.jpg

small.jpg

more pictures here:

www.geocities.com/jersey_man17

NHL jersey - Authentic Home Canadiens, customized with MARKOV #79

Custom made - Canucks Alternate (the blending two-color) but black and green instead of purple and red with of course my own logo. It wouldn't be cheap to have it done because you gotta get a bunch to justify production - but I would love the look :)

canucks_big.jpg

NHL jersey - Authentic Home Canadiens, customized with MARKOV #79

Custom made - Canucks Alternate (the blending two-color) but black and green instead of purple and red with of course my own logo. It wouldn't be cheap to have it done because you gotta get a bunch to justify production - but I would love the look :)

canucks_big.jpg

Wow, somebody else likes the gradient look. I was hoping that more NHL teams would do that. Yes, getting a custom one made, especially that is not in the usual stripe template, is expensive and nobody would do just one affordably. But you would be the only one on your block, or anywhere, with one.

I remember the faded jersey Vancouver used to have with the super skate on it. I think it was red and black. That one I liked. I'm not big on the whole blending colors thing though. I'm a firm believer that teams should stick to solid colors.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I have so far......

dscf1920xr8.jpg dscf1922og8.jpg

dscf1923uy4.jpg dscf1924pl5.jpg

On the way Afinogenov home replica and a Peters away replica. I'm a little disapointed about a couple of things on my jerseys. On the Miller one the chest numbers are more on ths shoulder and the 4 on my Biron jersey doesn't look like it was done right. The two on the way should be better. I've seen pictures of the Maxim one and the Peters is from IJ and from what I hear from the forums they do a great job.

The 43 on the Biron jersey is the right color, but not the right font. I don't know what the correct font's name is, but the numbers should be skinnier, as used as the current retro-look alternates. Mach_9 posted a link to a site with a lot of Sabre game photos, which is a great reference.

The numbering on the Miller jersey looks correct to me.

The 43 on the Biron jersey is the right color, but not the right font. I don't know what the correct font's name is, but the numbers should be skinnier, as used as the current retro-look alternates. Mach_9 posted a link to a site with a lot of Sabre game photos, which is a great reference.

The numbering on the Miller jersey looks correct to me.

Also I believe the numbers are solid yellow no white trim.

Also I believe the numbers are solid yellow no white trim.

The numbers do have the white trim, but that font is too thick for certain.

So, for those of you who've picked up the new Sabres jerseys - does the different cut change the fit at all or if I'm a 46 should I stick with a 46 (unfortunately it seems only 48's are in stock...). I think I'm just about ready to pick one up.