There Are Some Pretty Bad Seats for Hockey at Barclays Center

akteon

Saw this articlefrom NYMag.com linked on PuckDaddy: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/09/there-are-some-bad-seats-for-hockey-at-barclays.html

a_560x375.jpg

And it gets worse than that ... I almost feel sorry for the Isles fans.

I was there and it was terrible. We were sitting almost center ice, and the seating was so steep, we couldn't see the bench. I couldn't even tell when the lines were changing. The seats were also so cramped, that if one person had to leave their seat for a reason, everyone in the row had to get up. They also allowed people to walk back to their seats during play, which blocked everyone's view, causing a few verbal fights near me.

I heard most Islander fans say "the only thing better are the bathrooms".

The trains will also be a clusterfack when both the Isles and Rangers are playing now.

The only thing I enjoyed about that game was that the devils won.

I almost feel sorry for the Isles fans.

You mean you haven't felt sorry for Isles fans just for being Isles fans? :D

Seriously though, yikes. That's horrible, remind me never to go to a game there unless I can sit in great seats, which may be entirely possible thanks to my connection at the arena. Glad my team plays in an arena that was built knowing a hockey team would occupy the building.

• 4 months later...