2014 winter classic

iceman91

I bet Liles would have loved to have played in this game, growing up in the Midwest and playing at Michigan State, probably kind of a bummer that they had to make the trade before the game.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, watching a bit of both alumni games today, I love both of the Detroit versions, and the Toronto jerseys (although I think they should have had two versions as well).

I also find it awesome how they went with CCM 6100 cuts all around, even the previous Detroit WC. If JerseyBaron stocked these, there are a RIDICULOUS amount of amazing players you could go with!

CoolHockey have the white versions in a CCM cut replica - just need to shift the CCM block to the top. Only XL available on CH, but at least you know they are available.

*SportsK too

No Bobby Ryan? No Brandon Saad? No Keith Yandle???? What the hell?? Yandle's the best d-man this country has.I don't get that at all.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/10195703/how-us-hockey-team-bound-sochi-olympics-was-named

No Bobby Ryan? No Brandon Saad? No Keith Yandle???? What the hell?? Yandle's the best d-man this country has.I don't get that at all.

:wacko: Um... Yandle doesn't even kill penalties on his NHL team. He starts in the offensive zone a ton and faces weak competition. He's pretty overrated. Suter is easily the best American defenseman.

Really surprised Paul Martin got picked. Since he hasn't played since November with a broken tibia

Anybody watching in high def happen to catch if Phaneuf was wearing a 1.0 or 2.0. He usually wears 1.0 but I couldn't tell myself what he was wearing today.

Anybody watching in high def happen to catch if Phaneuf was wearing a 1.0 or 2.0. He usually wears 1.0 but I couldn't tell myself what he was wearing today.

Here's a close up of the jersey he wore:

jXe93i9.jpg

Looks like a 2.0 to me, but I have poor eyes.

Phaneuf has been wearing 2.0s this season. On 24/7 they have a close up of the sleeves and you can see the stitching on the elbows. Plus his look much baggier than previous seasons.

They usually only make 2.0s for these special event jerseys. Greenlife52 usually wears 1.0s but had to wear 2.0s for the WC in 2010 and ASG in 2011.

is the concensus that the Wings didn't have nameplates? I'm 99% sure, and the Wings never use them anyway, but just wanted to double check before I get my jersey customized.

is the concensus that the Wings didn't have nameplates? I'm 99% sure, and the Wings never use them anyway, but just wanted to double check before I get my jersey customized.

detroit-red-wings-winter-classic-2014010

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sports-Haven-Pro-Shop/140673242682812

All their info is on their facebook page. I have been told by many other board members that they do indeed accept mail in orders. I would call just to be sure.

Did you go to the game? Was there anything different for sale at the event versus what has been available online at the usual sites?

Didn't go to their official store, but most concession merchandise stands didn't have anything special that's not available online or in stores. They ran out of leafs toques and scarves at the stands I went to.