Thank You IceJersey Members

MeccaDon123

Just over a year ago I bought a signed Giroux jersey from a big sports store in a Mall in Delaware. Happy to own my 1st "legit" jersey, I googled "fake vs real hockey jerseys". I came across a link to the "is it good or not" thread here. Eager to post my shiny new jersey, I posted it proud waiting for the compliments to roll in. Within a matter of minutes there were 3 posts from some very helpful members(seeing the signature and knowing I got took) letting me down easy with posts like "fake"...."horrible fake"....(and my fav) "Sig looks good, jersey doesn't".(haha). They went on to take time out of their day to educate me and give some pointers. Armed with this new knowledge and some money, I said "never again"....And a collector was born.

Being a watch and clock guy as well I am a member of the (National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors).NAWCC. They have a thread there where if you pay you can post pics of your watch or clock and someone will give their opinion of it, or any info they know about it. So when I came to the "is it good or not" thread I was surprised that members who knew so much about jerseys were so eager to share their knowledge and opinions with me FOR FREE. So I wanted to post a thank you to all those members who were and still are very helpful to new members like I was.

In the past year I went from 1 fake Giroux jersey to a modest collection of jerseys from the only team I am a fan of. I will share a few shots of the jerseys of which most were purchased from members here. Thanks again to all those who helped me and to those who have shared their collections with me via purchases.

That's a fantastic collection! Jealous of some of those for sure!

Very nice collection. I really like that last picture, those are my favorites of your collection. I sometimes wish my collection was more focused, but I'm rarely in focus myself so that's the way it goes.

So when I came to the "is it good or not" thread I was surprised that members who knew so much about jerseys were so eager to share their knowledge and opinions with me FOR FREE. So I wanted to post a thank you to all those members who were and still are very helpful to new members like I was.

I'm sure I can speak for everyone here when I say what a pleasure it is to help out someone like yourself who is so sincerely appreciative.

Within a matter of minutes there were 3 posts from some very helpful members(seeing the signature and knowing I got took) letting me down easy with posts like "fake"...."horrible fake"....(and my fav) "Sig looks good, jersey doesn't".(haha).

I did enjoy the comment about "letting you down easy" :lol: folks can be a little direct with comments about fakes, but I'm glad you stuck around and saw that folks were willing to help educate others.

man you've done a really nice job getting a good collection put together of nicely done jerseys across many seasons/eras of the team. great work!

This is a great collection and especially impressive given how quickly you've pulled it together. I remember your original post here, and though I don't think I chimed in since Flyers are hardly a specialty of mine, you've picked up some great stuff. Kudos!

You need a Giroux Gatineau jersey. (Good luck finding one...) Represent the Q!

Yeah! Gotta love those 1984-2007 steamlined Flyers sweater design! <3

And one year later, what does your bank account look like? :P

Congrats on the nice collection, even if they're Flyers jerseys.

Thanks to you gentlemen as well. As far as the bank account....let's just say I've invested in a few "Icejersey members" vacations, room additions to their homes, college books and of course additional purchases of even more jerseys!!!!(my watch collection as shrunk dramatically)