Official Stadium Series thread

mfitz804

I haven't heard or read anything about it, curious if anyone had any info on it. Not really looking for "there probably will be", just whether anyone has any actual info.

Thanks!

Brilliant edit: I figured I'd make it official.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty sure a member here has talked about how he's seen the Ducks and Kings ones, but can't talk about them. So at least one game has special jerseys.

I'd guess they all will.

Funny, cause I heard from somebody who spoke to his rep at Steiner and the rep told him they haven't heard a single word about a special jersey for the Rangers and that they're most likely going to wear their plain white jersey with a patch and be done with it.

Funny, cause I heard from somebody who spoke to his rep at Steiner and the rep told him they haven't heard a single word about a special jersey for the Rangers and that they're most likely going to wear their plain white jersey with a patch and be done with it.

I don't trust a word Steiner says. I ordered something I saw at the Stadium and I've been waiting two weeks for it to ship. Every day I keep getting "it'll ship tomorrow". Steiner sucks.

Won't argue with you on that considering I've ordered things before and they've managed to send it USPS instead of UPS and have it lost because they left it outside a closed gated office on a Saturday, as well as sent dirty and damaged merchandise.

From Icethetics: "Special sweaters to be worn for all Stadium Series games

Snow confirmed that all teams participating in next winter's Stadium Series, including the Islanders, will all have specially designed jerseys for their outdoor games. (We've already seen the uniforms that will be worn by Detroit and Toronto for the actual Winter Classic.)

"Our focus regarding jerseys has been to come up with an outdoor jersey," Snow said, according to IslesNation. "It won’t be too much different than what we wear now but every team has a different jersey that they wear for it."

It even sounds like the design is done and a prototype has been produced. Snow went on to say he's seen it: "I can say from the pictures of it, it’s a sharp jersey. I think everybody will like it, but it won’t be drastically different from what we wear now."

Does that mean we'll get a standard Isles jersey with retro beige replacing white? I hope not. Or is it possible we'll get a "fauxback" style design instead?

For a recap, click here to see the six outdoor match-ups we're supposed to get in 2014. The NHL has confirmed all but the Senators-Canucks game in Vancouver."

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013/6/13/islanders-gm-talks-jerseys-logo.html

I have heard the ducks will have a orange jersey, but the kings jersey hasn't really been spoken of.

I have seen the Kings jersey, however, because they are a client, I will not comment on them.

I am hearing from a very good source that the Rangers are wearing their road white unis with "Stadium Series" patch and will not be releasing a special jersey...

Having a gamer with the special patch is enough for me to pony up some cash for one..

Well, that will save me several hundred dollars. I am not buying an overpriced jersey for a patch. A new, unique style perhaps.

This is good news for me if true.

Well, that will save me several hundred dollars. I am not buying an overpriced jersey for a patch. A new, unique style perhaps.

This is good news for me if true.

Agreed!

As posted on Icethetics and other places, here's a photo that supposedly shows Hank's pads for the Stadium Series:

1017-nyr-lundqvist.png

This is leading some to speculate that will indeed be a new Rangers jersey for the Stadium Series. The blue does look more navy and some are speculating the white is more of a vintage white.

This doesn't totally refute what Enzo said (I personally think his source may be more trustworthy than rabid fanboys drooling over a random twitter pic) since these pads could still go with the Rangers current road white. It is interesting though that his normal pads are usually royal blue not navy.

1381979724000-USP-NHL-New-York-Rangers-a

Nice pic. As a goalie, I like the design, and they seem to really compliment the 2004 Vintage style jerseys, modeled after their late 70's style.

That picture also leads me to believe that the pads in the background will probably be the ones used by Anaheim in their game against the Kings.

Nice pic. As a goalie, I like the design, and they seem to really compliment the 2004 Vintage style jerseys, modeled after their late 70's style.

That picture also leads me to believe that the pads in the background will probably be the ones used by Anaheim in their game against the Kings.

The ones in the back are probably Viktor Fasth's Ducks throwback (Might Ducks) pads. Fasth wears Bauer and those are the purple/green color. The Ducks outdoor jerseys are going to be orange.

I hope those are magic pads that actually stop pucks, lol.

interesting photos of Hank's pads... hmmmmm... Makes me want to question my source again... :)

Even thought the colors match better, the striping pattern on the pads doesn't really match the 2004 Vintage jersey either:

$T2eC16ZHJF0FFZlbQH0SBSQ6TzgJ4g~~60_35.J

The striping pattern only really matches the Rangers white jerseys, which backs up what Enzo heard, but then the colors are a bit off. Who knows at this point.

Those Lundqvist pads look like they'd go perfectly with the 2012 Winter Classic jerseys if you ask me...