Official Stadium Series thread

mfitz804

I will keep an open mind and am very curious to see what they come up with.

I agree that the common theme is a cool idea, so the key part will be how they execute that common theme. It could be awesome, lame or somewhere between. And it could be cool for some teams but lame for others.

I think the Kings color scheme lends itself very well to something "futuristic" and personally think the chromized crown logo actually looks pretty cool -- as an alternate to the core look.

The original 3rd Jersey program back in the mid-90s was quite "futuristic" for the times and 15+years later look how polarizing those jerseys are -- beloved and highly desired by some, and loathed by others. So again, it'll be interesting to see how they look.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kings logo is actually pewter... ;) It's my hope that this jersey becomes their third. When it comes to their color scheme, I think fans will buy into it...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/gallerylanding.htm?id=39902

So the islanders will be using a different crest, thats a surprise.

It's essentially the same NY logo that was inside the circle of their classic logo. Keeps with tradition.

It's essentially the same NY logo that was inside the circle of their classic logo. Keeps with tradition.

So they took the Island out of the New York Islanders lol very traditional!

But in all seriousness it will be cool to see how these jerseys turn out.

So they took the Island out of the New York Islanders lol very traditional!

But in all seriousness it will be cool to see how these jerseys turn out.

That's ok. They took the team off the island too (soon)...

Although I guess technically Brooklyn is part of the island...

not sure exactly what LA is doing. they just released this t-shirt today with a new logo. last week they released all the teams with the 'chrome' logo. LA's may be the 'chromed' crown (modern version) with this new LA font logo as a second on the shoulders. just guessing based on what is out there presently

lak_ss_tee_2_grande.jpg?v=1384894054

1119-ss14-dodger.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHE

not sure exactly what LA is doing. they just released this t-shirt today with a new logo. last week they released all the teams with the 'chrome' logo. LA's may be the 'chromed' crown (modern version) with this new LA font logo as a second on the shoulders. just guessing based on what is out there presently

I wouldn't mind seeing some shoulder patches on the Kings. There sweaters look so plain.

It's good to see the Kings paying tribute to the Dodgers by modeling their Stadium Series logo after the knives used by Dodgers fans to stab opposing fans.

Does anyone have any idea about when the jerseys will/might go on sale or if they will, really interested in getting a Devils jersey. Whats the usual release time on the sale of specialized jerseys like this, I realize the winter classic has been out since summer and I'm getting the idea this wont go on sale till like 2 weeks before or not till afterwards.

The jerseys are getting unveiled mid-December; Isles said they will be shipped out early January (my guess is the obscured customized ones will be shipping in early Jan/they gave a later release date than necessary)

one of the teams is releasing their's within the next few weeks. i cant recall which team and when, or the article i read it from. hell it may have been a twitter feed even. i would think they would all be ready before Xmas, so they can take advantage of wallets being open for the holiday. check here, they are always on the ball with uniforms

http://www.icethetics.info/

I doubt it is going to be jerseys.

Can the league strip a team of its privileges from playing in the Stadium Series game?

I don't think it could be something like that, not when tickets have already been on sale.

I was kidding. It's an "Islanders don't play so good" joke.

Haha, I definitely should have picked up on that... my mind was elsewhere. Let me know if you find it.

Haha, I definitely should have picked up on that... my mind was elsewhere. Let me know if you find it.

All good! I honestly dont know what to expect. Only 40 more minutes.

Adam -- I originally immediately thought alumni game, but that is something the NHL might announce. Same with jerseys. The only other thing I can think of is a new sponsorship agreement.