The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

As far as turnaround, I had my CCM blue away Leetch done and in my hands 6 business days after they received it...name, numbers and old style A. No idea on stock.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Come on you donkeys, help these poor people out, I know there are plenty of people out there that have authentic patches these people are looking for. If you have had the patch sitting in a box for a year and still haven't used it, chances are your not, give someone else the joy, I have an Authentic Katrina patch if anybody is looking for one. Pay it forward and good things will be returned to you 10 fold!! Its the holiday season, get into the spirit of giving.

Me me me. I need a Katrina patch.

After just about two years of searching, I gave in and decided to try my hand a removing the patches from a rather cheap WC replica. They came out super clean aside from the adhesive on the underside. Very excited to be able to complete my Lidstrom ASG jersey as well as having a patch available for whenever I find an appropriate 2011-2012 ASG jersey to customize as Datsyuk.

pri6.jpg

Not a great reproduction.

still hunting for patches and came across this site. i'm sure you guys have seen, but for those that haven't

http://www.nhlpatches.info/

How does this one look?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-NHL-All-Star-Game-Hockey-Patch-Tampa-Bay-/141115039893?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item20db1ca095

It looks authentic to me but i wanted to make sure with everyone else.

Is this one good?

I would guess it's a repro but it looks so much like the original that I personally would have no problem using it on an authentic jersey. This one is off a gamer:

image_zps82184a75.jpg

What looks off on it? Also i asked the seller for a picture of the back.

$_0.JPG

There is nothing on the patch that looks obviously "off" to me. What I said earlier was just a hunch (and I could be wrong, which is why I said "guess") based on super subtle stuff which could just be due to variation in production, causing different color threads to be placed in slightly different positions on the patch. It may very well be an original patch- the only thing I can say is that it looks good enough that I wouldn't hesitate to buy it and use it if the price were right.

how's this NHL 75 look to you guys? anyone familiar with this seller?

pj75patc.jpg

http://www.chuckthomas.com/penjer.htm

Those look awful. The 7 and 5 are way too close together. The tops of the numbers aren't level either. Even the shape of the patch looks off.

got me. i'm not entirely sure what i should be looking for. chow hound talks about it, but i am not sure what they mean. need some pics for visual reference. the problem with that ebay lot of 5 is the picture is so far out you can't see close up detail