The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

Where would I be able to find an authentic 2014 SCF patch? Or, more specifically, is there more than one being sold?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where would I be able to find an authentic 2014 SCF patch? Or, more specifically, is there more than one being sold?

Ummmm. eBay?

I ordered two from House of Hockey because his were the cheapest. JB has them too.

Ummmm. eBay?

I ordered two from House of Hockey because his were the cheapest. JB has them too.

Yeah I just wanted to make sure there weren't a few out there a la '94.

I think as long as you get one in the National Emblem packaging you should be good.

I'm sure since it's the same as previous years styles, fakes are already out there.

Does anyone else out there wish they would change the design on these things already? I'm tired of it.

Does anyone else out there wish they would change the design on these things already? I'm tired of it.

Absolutely. I think this design is stale and has overstayed its welcome.

I still like them, but agreed, it may be time for a change soon...

Not sure if people would care to have the other team's logo anywhere on their jersey but they could try incorporating the finalists' team logos in the emblem to make them more unique to the year.

emery_giguere.gif

Yeah it seems to lacks something, the current design. Also those two horizontal bars on either side of the Cup look out of place.

Edited by slimcutta

:blink:

anyone with patch knowledge willing to lmk which are real / fake?

i have patches and i'll send you the pix and you can lmk which is which.

IF you wanna help email me at KSHINKLE@TAMPABAY.RR.COM

Thanx in advance

:thumbsup:

:blink:

anyone with patch knowledge willing to lmk which are real / fake?

i have patches and i'll send you the pix and you can lmk which is which.

IF you wanna help email me at KSHINKLE@TAMPABAY.RR.COM

Thanx in advance

:thumbsup:

Just curious, Ken, but why don't you look 'em up and provide the info you find to the boards instead of just asking everyone to do the homework for you?

I think the cup final patches are great, except when they're on a rangers jersey of course

I think hockey players look cool on the ice, except Flyers, unless they're on the ground. :P

Screen+Shot+2012-01-28+at+4.35.53+PM.png

I think that sometimes things look good except when they don't and stuff.......oh, whatever.

GO RANGERS.

Just curious, Ken, but why don't you look 'em up and provide the info you find to the boards instead of just asking everyone to do the homework for you?

not a big fan of going thru all the smegma on the board to find the answer to my question... one person did respond to me and i thank him for his help.. this is one of the reasons i don't post very much anymore... too many that think they know so much.. guys will tear someone up for asking a question or for asking for a little help but the same guys will pass out incorrect info and sell things that aren't even close to what they should be.. not to mention the ones that are looking for the EXACT patch (NOT a repro God forbid) to stick on a REPLICA jersey... i've been collecting for more years than i care to admit, had some REALLY great gamers and i don't have all the answers especially when it comes to the after 6100 age died, BUT i'll NEVER question someone when it comes to trying to get additional info on something they have or are selling... i feel better now and have at it with the smug little replies i'm expecting to recieve.

Let me offer this. Why not take a photo of the patches and post in the It is good or not thread. You will not only get significantly better exposure to your question but will get a more informed reply as not everyone is an expert in every patch. Maybe Joe Schmo emails you and says he is willing to help and you send pix and he says that they are all authentic. Do you think 1 person will be a better informed judgement then an entire forum of collectors... And to Slims point the reason people know the difference is because they look it up. Find photos of gamers and compare.

Just FYI, the jersey you posted is a fake. I know its already customized, so you wouldn't be buying that exact one, but in case you were going to have that seller make a Yashin, don't.

As for the patch, I don't know.

What are the give-aways so I can spot a fake in the future? I need either a 1994 Eastern or the 1999 Worlds ASG jerseys but both are pretty hard to find in authentic.

What are the give-aways so I can spot a fake in the future? I need either a 1994 Eastern or the 1999 Worlds ASG jerseys but both are pretty hard to find in authentic.

For me, its the NHL logo on the front. It looks squished.

That seller has been pumping out fakes of the 98-99 ASG (and also other ASG) jerseys for a while now. The biggest giveaway was that it had a Vintage necktag.

I am pretty sure the jersey he posted is one of those Griffenfood specials?

You should be good to go on that patch though. Nhlfanattic has (as far as i know) all legit original patches.

not a big fan of going thru all the smegma on the board to find the answer to my question... too many that think they know so much.. guys will tear someone up for asking a question or for asking for a little help but the same guys will pass out incorrect info and sell things that aren't even close to what they should be..

I wasn't implying going through board 'smegma' as you so colorfully put it...between classicauctions and gamewornauctions, let alone the abundance of collector and fan sites available, 98% of any example you need are already out there, and these are gamers so there's no guessing if it's authentic or not. It's not just someone's opinion.

It's a different story if you came on here and said - "Hey guys, tried x.com, y.com, z.com, and can't seem to find any examples of a '86 Canucks Rick Hansen patch...can anyone help?"

Noobs come on here all the time and post repeatedly in the 'is it good or not' thread or start a new thread for a yes or no question that's easily answered by a simple google search, and guys like LAK74 who's always extremely helpful (other members as well, of course), do the homework for them, and it only encourages them to repeat the same...why bother looking it up myself when I can just ask someone to do it for me?

Teach a man to fish, ya know?

And, as you state, you've been collecting for more years than you'd like to admit...so why can't you fish at all?

I know I'm a and all, but I'm (honestly) not trying to call you out specifically - it would just be nice to see some folks, especially veterans, take a bit of initiative, put in a bit of effort, and then share with the boards after the fact.

If nothing else, you'll introduce the boards to x.com, y.com, z.com, start an actual discussion on the Rich Hansen patch, and perhaps all will become more enlightened.

I actually really love the noobs who come on here and start with - "sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've hunted for a while, and this is what I've come up with...can anyone help?" and then it turns into a great thread of information, even if it's something that most folks are already aware of.

Let me offer this. Why not take a photo of the patches and post in the It is good or not thread. You will not only get significantly better exposure to your question but will get a more informed reply as not everyone is an expert in every patch.

Which chow just explained much more concisely than I did, lol.

And to Slims point the reason people know the difference is because they look it up. Find photos of gamers and compare.

Yup. And then when you find two variations, or different patch placement, or 1 set of jerseys where the patch was removed for pre-season use the next year, etc, etc, you can share that information with the boards and steal LAK74's thunder for once. BAM!

Sorry for the rant - just taking the opportunity to encourage all to do a bit of research on their own first, and then share what you may or may not have found before taking the lazy road.