The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

I remember a few people were talking about a retailer that was selling Reebok wordmark patches. Can anyone confirm who it was ? I believe it was EPS, but I'm not 100% sure though.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember a few people were talking about a retailer that was selling Reebok wordmark patches. Can anyone confirm who it was ? I believe it was EPS, but I'm not 100% sure though.

Yes. They literally just replied to an email I sent them.

Best 1994 Stanley Cup patches made to date. ice_hockey_patches did a pretty good job on these. There are a few things left out or missed but all in all, these are now close enough I can get my Rangers and Canucks jerseys finished. He told me to tell forum members to contact him direct if you want to buy larger quantities and he will hook you up on the price. His name is Ethan and his email is patch2meetu@yahoo.com

Edited by forzzaazzurri

Yes. They literally just replied to an email I sent them.

Thanks.

Did they get their wordmark patches directly from Reebok or did they make their own?

He said they make their own. I have never ordered on from them, but other members have and said they look like the originals.

Think this one is real though I am no expert on patches, figure someone here might want it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GAME-USED-SAN-JOSE-SHARKS-ALL-STAR-GAME-PATCH-HARD-TO-FIND-/171354972997?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e58d6345

Edited by FuzzyPenguin

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening members ;-)

I am in need of and looking for an authentic 1991 NHL All Star game patch for the game played in Chicago...

I know its very hard to come by an authentic but I would like to try to get one...if not, a very good repo would do...

PLEASE message me if any one has one or knows where I can obtain one...

THANK YOU !!!!

Best 1994 Stanley Cup patches made to date. ice_hockey_patches did a pretty good job on these. There are a few things left out or missed but all in all, these are now close enough I can get my Rangers and Canucks jerseys finished. He told me to tell forum members to contact him direct if you want to buy larger quantities and he will hook you up on the price. His name is Ethan and his email is patch2meetu@yahoo.com

Just received one in the mail today as i was curious to how accurate it is. Its not bad for detail however its missing the TM logo.

The BIGGEST problem is its WAY too large. The patch on my gamer is 25% smaller.

Got one today and well as it's pretty useless.

Edited by thebiggoalie

Good to know, cause I was planning on getting some. Still curious as to what is ACTUALLY the best 94 patch that's somewhat readily available. Also, looking for legit 94 ASG patches if anybody can help.

There is simply NOT a "best" patch. Nobody has done it right. This patch is the best representation of the graphics and color but its enlarged beyond the original substantially making it pretty much pointless. If this same patch was reduced to scale it would be very similar. Still some subtle differences like any repro vs original.

Right, I should have clarified. I almost thing size of the patch is more important than the details, unless of course the details are absolutely awful, just because of the way they fit in between the piping of the Rangers home jerseys.

What is the size of the NYR patch used on the all-star jerseys in 1997, 2002, 2004, and 2011? I am hoping its consistent.

Also, are different borders used around any of the patches? From what I can tell on google image search there is no border - its just the Rangers logo.Thanks in advance.

I am finally getting around to doing my ASG jerseys.

I think it's different. I still haven't done mine because I can't find the proper patches. I could use the National Emblem ones and it would be close, but not perfect.

What is the size of the NYR patch used on the all-star jerseys in 1997, 2002, 2004, and 2011? I am hoping its consistent.

Also, are different borders used around any of the patches? From what I can tell on google image search there is no border - its just the Rangers logo.Thanks in advance.

I am finally getting around to doing my ASG jerseys.

I can't give you any specific measurements, but there are definitely differences between the different years.

The 1997 patch had no blue border on it. I believe the 2002 version is similar, if not identical to the 1997, but it's hard to be absolutely sure because the jersey is blue, and if there were a blue border on the patch it wouldn't show up well in pictures.

The 2004 version definitely has a distinct blue border, and the patch looks larger to me than the 1997 and 2002, but that's just my impression. The 2011 patch also has a blue border, but the overall shape seems a little different than the 2004. The notches on the top of the 2011 seem a little deeper, and the point on the bottom of the logo seems to jut out farther as well. On the 2004, the top and bottom of the patch seem flatter to me.

Edited by LAK74

You all are nuts, the '94 patch fits perfect on the shoulder of the home jersey just like the pics of gamers. It may be an 1/8" too wide but it fits inside the red piping just like a gamer. Patch measurements were taken from a gamer from a person on this site. Are you comparing it to a road blue jersey? They might have smaller patches, there is a thread on this forum that talks about that. Works good on the home jerseys, and if any of you can hold down a steady job, I'm sure you can put some black thread through the eye of a needle and make a simple T and M. This is why Rangers fans suck a@*, try and help you guys out with a decent looking patch and you all still complain. Here we go, lets hear all the replies to this...

You might want to check your measurements and facts again about the patch size. I have compared my Canucks SCF gamer to a Rangers SCF gamer and the patch is the same size. I took a photo to show the difference of my gamer and this repro.

Edited by chow_hound

Rangers and Canucks used different sizes. That's a Rangers patch repo, still waiting on the measurements you said you were going to get me.

Are you sure of that statement?

I have 7 photo references of the game worn 1994 SCF patches all from different jerseys.

2 road Rangers, 3 home rangers, 1 road canucks, 1 home canucks.

What is your research on which jerseys had which patch?

your moderator! and the fact that the patch from ebay fits in between the bars of the Rangers home jersey just like every pic of a gamer. I told you, I have no knowledge of the Canucks gamer. GIVE ME THE DIMENSIONS. I'm trying to figure out what your problem is? Nasty emails to me. Again, the dimensions came directly from the moderator of this forum. Give him s***, I tried to be nice to you but obviously there is some personal issue you have. I offered to have the patches made for you smaller but I needed the dimensions, your response to me "I have a life". What is that? But all I got from you was attitude. Most people on this forum try to help each other, your just being confrontational.

Since you clearly want to play games and make statements about me, someone who has obviously contributed to this forum for several years, this is the email dialogues that you are referring to.... Forum can make their own decision...

Tell me where I am being confrontational, nasty, or having an attitude. The whole point of me posting on this forum was to advise collectors the patch was inaccurate.

> > On Jul 24, 2014, at 5:53 PM, "Richard Smith" <forzzaazzurri@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > get me those dimensions

> From: chow_hound@hotmail.com
> Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 18:11:09 -0700
> To: forzzaazzurri@hotmail.com
>
> I have a life...
>
> The jersey is in storage. Not that easy.

On Jul 24, 2014, at 6:37 PM, "Richard Smith" <forzzaazzurri@hotmail.com> wrote:

You just took the pic of the two patches together. You ran and put the jersey in storage? Your the one that said you were going to get them to me. Again, I was going to make them for you TO BE NICE. Didn't know you were such an Arse hole. You obviously don't have much of

a life since you love to post s*** on icejerseys all the time or hound me to buy your jersey. Enjoy "your life" head.

Subject: Re: Caps chow_hound fender
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 18:47:03 -0700
To: forzzaazzurri@hotmail.com

Not that i owe you an explanation when you are going to make comments like that below but before you go off on a tangent you may want to be informed on what you start saying.
When i got the repro patch i went to my storage facility and layed the patch over my jersey and took the photo. I then left the facility where my jersey is and later posted the pic.
I have a full time career, this is a HOBBY, so i am not dropping my life to drive and get measurements when its not convenient for me.
Dont say you need to make patches for myself when i didnt ask for any. You wanted measurements for the patches to use on YOUR Canucks jerseys.
I post on IJ so everyone can learn and so questions everyone has can be viewed.
And i didnt "hound" you to buy anything. You offered to buy, i declined, then later accepted your offer.
What am i missing...

On Jul 24, 2014, at 7:11 PM, "Richard Smith" <forzzaazzurri@hotmail.com> wrote
I don't need measurements to make the patch smaller. one, I could care less and two, its not hard to make a few adjustments to make a smaller patch. Your the one that bought the patch thinking it was the same size. I didn't know the Canucks used smaller sizes. Why are you playing stupid, asking how I got my measurements? I've told you in past emails that the size came directly from Mike(Brilliant) the moderator of the F(&amp;^*** forum. His home MacTavish. I felt a little bad that you bought one of those patches thinking it would work for you, I was going to make a smaller patch cause I don't mind hooking up people. I'm nice like that, will bend over backwards if I feel it would be appreciated or reciprocated. We all have jobs, or lives, there was no need for the comment, that comment started this. Again, if I knew you were such a I would have never made the effort.

Subject: Re: Caps chow_hound fender
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 18:47:03 -0700
To: forzzaazzurri@hotmail.com

I asked how you got your measurements because over a year ago Mike and I had talked and he sent me a pic of his jersey and patch. The measurements on that photo of the exact patch do not match the repro patch i received.
My ask was to determine if the guy who made the patch actually followed the right measurements.
The comment about having a life was because you stated "Get me the measurements". Not a considerate way to say "hey, did you have a chance to get those measurements".
Its a big difference being respectful. That started it.

So, there it is verbatim...