The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

I just looked up patch makers on Google and clicked on like the first or second. The website is custompatches.net they did a good job on the repro because it's a very simple design. 4" circle, half white and half black, with 10 and 88. Anything more I'm not sure how good of a job they'll do.

I scanned my gamer and sent that as an example of the patch. That probably helped too.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This guy on Reddit told me that there's no hope of finding a good Isles 25th anniversary patch. How valid are his claims?

That guy should probably get his eyes checked. The Cups on the original don't look great, but they don't look as bad as the ones on the repro. The numbers in the years are also quite different.

Well, I didn't necessarily say that there were any originals out there (or better repros), I was just disagreeing with his statement that both replicas and gamer patches looked the same with respect to the Cups.

Any tips on optimizing my search on EBay? I can't seem to find anything decent with the typical searches.

Patience. You're looking for a not-so-common nearly 20 year old patch, just keep checking. Save your searches so eBay will mail you daily with new matches. And then just wait. And wait.

^ This. For most patches that old, whenever you do an eBay search, you find the same 3 repros from the same sellers, over and over again. If you have the patience to keep checking month after month, eventually you may find a single original being offered by someone else. Then it's up to you to win it. Keep looking at jersey listings too. Sometimes you may get lucky and find a cheap replica with an authentic patch stitched on it. You might not want the jersey, but if you can get it for $35 or so, it might be worth it just to get that hard-to-find patch. I've found a few rare original patches that way.

This guy on Reddit told me that there's no hope of finding a good Isles 25th anniversary patch. How valid are his claims?

Also, Cannon, who did those patches for you? Maybe I could get them to make me one I need.

Fascinating. I guess this one doesn't exist, and the whole jersey will go through some "Back to the Future" type of vanishing act now that I've realized it.

qhEUbSp.jpg

Alright, I've followed some searches. Here's hoping for the best.

I mean, if I have to settle for a patch-less Fisherman, then so be it, but I might as well try to track down the patch. It's only one of two years they wore the jersey, after all.

• 2 weeks later...

The Flyers will wear a black patch with a white 37 (just like the 10/88 patch) for Eric Desjardins night tonight.

https://twitter.com/NHLAdamK/status/568508614081703936/photo/1

While I like the idea of the patch for a retirement night, I do find it odd that the Flyers patches look like the style teams tend to wear when someone dies (simple black circle with a white number).

They had a great style for the Howe night stuff, they should have stuck with that style.

EGipaHy.jpg

While I like the idea of the patch for a retirement night, I do find it odd that the Flyers patches look like the style teams tend to wear when someone dies (simple black circle with a white number).

They had a great style for the Howe night stuff, they should have stuck with that style.

EGipaHy.jpg

I wholeheartedly agree (as can be seen by my avatar). I love the Howe patch. Probably my favorite patch they ever wore (maybe the Spectrum one edges it out though actually).

Anybody have any of the Dan Snyder memorial patches, two layer twill, black on top of white with the 37 empbroidered. PM me

• 2 weeks later...

Just throwing this out there for anyone who may find it helpful. I'm doing up an 80's Oilers jersey, and can't track down this patch anywhere:

image_zpsmh9sdrp1.jpg

Friend sent me to http://thenewwoodsman.com

You don't have to do a bulk order, which was awesome. Here's the finished product. I gave him some clearer pics, but he did a great job.

image_zpsrnr2hiua.jpg[/url]