The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

The topic has probably already been discussed here, but couldn't find anything.

Can anybody tell me, why the finals patch in the early 90ies mostly wasn't sewn directly on the jersey but first on some jersey material first and then sewn on? Did they just simply cut out the regular season patches like the 75th anniversary patch and then put the finals patch + jersey combination over the hole to save some time?

Thanks guys!!!

In 1992, the Penguins and Blackhawks sewed the finals patch to a piece of ultrafil, and then sewed that piece over the NHL75 patch. I actually did it to my Barrasso Penguins jersey.

There's no point in cutting a hole to remove something on a jersey where something else is going to go over it anyway.

Edited by thebiggoalie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks!!! The Kings did the same with their 1993 finals patches.

Thinking to do do the same that you did for my 1992 Stevens and my 1993 McSorley Kings.

The Kings did the same with their 1993 finals patches.

What seems a little weird to me is why the Kings sewed the finals patch to ultrafil swatches, but their playoff jerseys were airknit, so the materials didn't match. The only thing I could think of was that maybe an airknit swatch would have been thinner and the patch below might have shown through a little.

Do you fellas, in general, first get the patch and then the jersey or jersey first and then go patch hunting?

Done it both ways. Usually jersey first, patch later, but if it's a particularly hard to find patch and I know I'm eventually going to get the jersey anyway, I won't pass up the opportunity to get the patch. Worst case scenario, even if I later decide I won't get the jersey, I could always sell the patch.

Is this a legit 100th patch?

image_zpsm4giaqv4.jpeg

Looking for a Rangers Alternate Captain's "A" from their Edge Blue jerseys. I am sure someone has stripped a jersey and has an A just lying around.

Please let me know. Thanks

Is this a legit 100th patch?

Looks like no one's planning to answer this one, so...

I could not be 100% sure that this one is an original, but I can say this- I cannot see any detail on this patch that is not consistent with at least some of the many game-used patches that I've seen. The black player outline is way off-center, but I've seen that on game-used patches as well.

Looks like no one's planning to answer this one, so...

I could not be 100% sure that this one is an original, but I can say this- I cannot see any detail on this patch that is not consistent with at least some of the many game-used patches that I've seen. The black player outline is way off-center, but I've seen that on game-used patches as well.

Thanks, I bought it on a "game used" Ottawa jersey with no documentation. I really only wanted the jersey to strip, and honestly didn't see the patch until I picked it up. I have no reason not to believe it's not real, the guy I bought it from is my daughters principal at her school. Don't know if it is or isn't, it's more than likely coming off since I need a 94-95 jersey.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently acquired a 2003 All Star jersey and was going to get it customized as a Lidstrom. But I need some patch help!

Can anyone confirm if these are the patches I'd need? And if not, any thoughts on where I could get them?

Sweden:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181977196882?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Red Wings:

http://www.sportsk.com/redwicopa.html

I recently acquired a 2003 All Star jersey and was going to get it customized as a Lidstrom. But I need some patch help!

Can anyone confirm if these are the patches I'd need? And if not, any thoughts on where I could get them?

Sweden:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181977196882?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Red Wings:

http://www.sportsk.com/redwicopa.html

Those look pretty decent to me. I've have a couple different AS jerseys with Canadian flag patches, and they all have that type of edge with no border.

Those look pretty decent to me. I've have a couple different AS jerseys with Canadian flag patches, and they all have that type of edge with no border.

Thanks! I wasn't really sure about the size either, specifically with the Red Wings patch. It says 3'x5', does that seem right for a shoulder patch?

Thanks! I wasn't really sure about the size either, specifically with the Red Wings patch. It says 3'x5', does that seem right for a shoulder patch?

I can measure my 2000/2001 Yzerman AS when I get home.

Has anyone found a source for patches from the 2015 all star game? Thinking of doubling back to get one. But would like to find a patch first

I think he might be referring to the blackened team patches used on the ASG jerseys, for which there is no official source (as far as I know) except for Jersey Baron.

I think he might be referring to the blackened team patches used on the ASG jerseys, for which there is no official source (as far as I know) except for Jersey Baron.

I might be wrong (I'll check at work this week) but it may have been Stahls who made those patches. I remember having a conversation regarding them and those patches.

If so though, I doubt they'd have any left, as they don't tend to keep things in their catalog for very long.