The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

JUST short of a tear coming to my eye, that is so beautiful. I cannot wait to get mine and put them in a bag for years until I find a suitable jersey!!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All that work has finally paid off...Great job Joe, those look awesome!

So where does the Cup final patch go on the Sharks jerseys? Both shoulders are occupied and they have the 25th patch.

Between Burns and Thornton you could probably fit the whole roster worth of patches.

Any clue where I can find an AthletiCo patch the Blackhawks use on their practice jerseys? I checked with CSL they said they sew them on the jerseys, but were unable to sell any. Here is what the patch looks like.

b13a5188-0b5f-4a04-b970-24be64ddbbc4_zps

So where does the Cup final patch go on the Sharks jerseys? Both shoulders are occupied and they have the 25th patch.

I assume it'll replace the anniversary patch. It won't be the first time a team celebrating an anniversary has done that.

I assume it'll replace the anniversary patch. It won't be the first time a team celebrating an anniversary has done that.

Do you recall which teams? I'm drawing a blank...

Last time shop.NHL.com was accurate about anything was NEVARRRRRRR!!!

If NHL Shop can be trusted

Ha!

Edited by JoeM7392

The Pens in 91-92 were the first that came to mind.

To build on this, I stand somewhat corrected. Unless NHL Patches is missing something, the Penguins were the only team to reach the Final in an anniversary year and replace the anniversary patch with the SCF patch. The 2010-11 Canucks also reached the Final in an anniversary year, but they only wore the 40th anniversary patch on their fauxback jerseys.

There is less precedent than I initially thought for the Sharks replacing their anniversary patch, but there is precedent nonetheless. You could say that there's more if you include replacing an ASG host patch with the SCF patch, a la the 2000-01 Avs.

To build on this, I stand somewhat corrected. Unless NHL Patches is missing something, the Penguins were the only team to reach the Final in an anniversary year and replace the anniversary patch with the SCF patch.

To be more precise, the Penguins kept their 25th anniversary patches on the SCF gamers. The patch they removed to make room for the SCF patch was the NHL 75th.

I think they covered it up, right? What did the Hawks do for the final? Remove, or cover?

Also covered.

Oh s***, that's right. I got my patches mixed up. When I posted that this morning, I was still in the process of waking up and got the two streaky number patches switched.

So, hey, that means there's no precedent whatsoever when it comes to anniversary patches, but there is some when it comes to patches as a whole.

Edited by TheKevinShow

Montreal and Los Angeles also covered the Stanley Cup Anniversary Patch in '93.

Edit: And since Montreal apparently recycled jerseys from 91-92 and had the 75th Anniversary patch covered with the All-Star patch, could there be jerseys with three patches stacked?

Edited by jolmari

They'll just wear a new set of jerseys with no anniversary patch. Colorado did the same thing in 2001 when they wore the All Star Game patch for the year. When they made the Finals, there was a new set with the swapped out patch.

They'll just wear a new set of jerseys with no anniversary patch. Colorado did the same thing in 2001 when they wore the All Star Game patch for the year. When they made the Finals, there was a new set with the swapped out patch.

Because $$$.

If it's already been asked, I apologize, but does anyone have any info on either of the Rexall patches worn by the Oilers this year? I would like to get two of each.

Also looking for these. Found this one, but not the other...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111982181389?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

A general gripe ... I've contacted an AHL three times (twice by email and one phone call) about finding a sponsor's patch for a blank GI. Not even a response. I understand I'm but a lowly jersey collector but some response would be appreciated. All this so I can further advertise for the sponsoring company with that patch on my jersey.

I had the same problem looking for a TF patch, then finally tracked down the owner of the sponsor company. What seemed like a home run at first became a long and twisted trip into ridiculousness and I never ended up with the patch. Eventually I lucked out and stripped one off a GI jersey that I found for a good price.

Moral of the story, teams aren't going to help, nor is the AHL itself and, at least in my case, not even the owner of the sponsor. They don't care.