The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

Question to all those out there.  I want to put a 25th anniversary patch on Islanders Palffy Fisherman Jersey.  However, it is a reproduction from Patch Collections and it is not super close.

Here is what the authentic patch looked like:

Authentic%2025th%20Islanders%20Patch_zps

And here is the reproduction look like:

Reproduction%2025th%20Islanders%20Patch_

The Stanley cups look way different, the font is off, and the waves at the bottom are not as thick.  

With all that said, would you use the reproduction patch on your jersey?  Does anyone know where I could track down an authentic patch?  I would love to hear what your thoughts are on this because I would hate to spend the time putting an inferior patch on a very nice jersey.

Thanks!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Cups on the repro look like cooling towers.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdu8X9xGOd1TUDRqS5KRW

I swear I saw one of these for sale within the last few weeks that was advertised as an original. Can't seem to find it though.

Personally, I've gone both ways on this, it just depends on the jersey.  Will it bug you every time you look at it? Don't do it. Will you be happy enough until you can find an original? Go ahead.

I'm going to use a repro patch on my replica Fisherman since I have been completely unable to find an authentic. I assume they are even more rare than the jerseys themselves since the jerseys were worn more often than the patch was, especially since they didn't even wear the Fisherman jerseys for the entire anniversary season.

It's a replica, so I accept that the patch is imperfect along with the rest of the jersey.

I actually had two loose team issued patches. I just recently traded one to a member on here. They are not easy to find and if they are found they aren't cheap either

Bloody hell.....just bought two NHL "100" patches.  And what do I find out today at the Leafs/Wings alumni game......the program I bought came with a "100" patch

I think the Leafs' jerseys were the only ones on which I liked the patch placement.  On some of the others it seemed too close to the sleeve numbers, or too crowded with the sleeve stripes.

21 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

Bloody hell.....just bought two NHL "100" patches.  And what do I find out today at the Leafs/Wings alumni game......the program I bought came with a "100" patch

And the programs with patch are already on eBay for $50usd.  Not bad considering they were $20cdn at the game

Anyone have an extra NHL 100th sleeve patch they can part with? 

EDIT: Patch has been obtained, thanks HockeyMusic!

Edited by mfitz804

30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Anyone have an extra NHL 100th sleeve patch they can part with? 

Not sure if you're in a rush, but Patch Collection still has them on their site. Ship date later this month.

38 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Not sure if you're in a rush, but Patch Collection still has them on their site. Ship date later this month.

I looked but did not see them there. All of the ones on eBay are gone. 

Not in a huge rush and I'll go back there and order one. If anyone has one in hand, though, I will take that one too. 

Edited by mfitz804

On 1/5/2017 at 10:03 AM, mfitz804 said:

I looked but did not see them there. All of the ones on eBay are gone. 

Not in a huge rush and I'll go back there and order one. If anyone has one in hand, though, I will take that one too. 

nhlstore in nyc now has them 

9 minutes ago, cowboys said:

They're good. Patch collection sells National emblem patches 

Just now, dsl135 said:

They're good. Patch collection sells National emblem patches 

Great thanks will buy a few 

The  100 year patches can they be sewn or do they have that hard plastic on the back. 

You can take that backing off by dropping the patch into a boiling water bath and pulling it off little by little with tongs. Or, you can cover it with a t-shirt and use a blazing hot iron to get it off eventually. Don't force it though. You could end up distorting the patch beyond repair.

The National Emblem 100th patches have glue backing but NOT the hard plastic backing. No removal necessary.

Newer patches do not seem to have the hard plastic backing

I have bought the 100th ann'y, centennial classic and alumni game patches and none had the plastic back

I even bought a Habs "100" shoulder patch and it did not have it either

The Blues wore their Winter Classic stuff last night against Dallas but swapped out the patch for their 50th patch. It was a good look. I guess I need two of those now.

On 1/8/2017 at 10:14 AM, Brilliant! said:

The Blues wore their Winter Classic stuff last night against Dallas but swapped out the patch for their 50th patch. It was a good look. I guess I need two of those now.

I've been emailing with JB about this.  He WILL NOT be getting in the jerseys without the WC patch.  I don't know what size you wear, but he is out of size 60 and WILL NOT be ordering in nameplates.  The minimum order is 48 units and according to him he doesn't want to sit on a bunch of nameplates, which I understand but it still stinks.

I ordered a Lundqvist Premier from Jersey Barron that is waiting on the 100th-anniversary patch. Hopefully, he gets it soon.