The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

I knew about the nameplates last week too. He said he might get them if demand was high enough but I guess it wasn't. Having said that, if I get one and send it to Liebe, do they have the ability to provide plates? I've never dealt with them before but I HAVE to get one of these things lettered.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last I heard (about a year ago), they would not provide Edge nameplates for customer jerseys.

3 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

I knew about the nameplates last week too. He said he might get them if demand was high enough but I guess it wasn't. Having said that, if I get one and send it to Liebe, do they have the ability to provide plates? I've never dealt with them before but I HAVE to get one of these things lettered.

I've used Liebe several times over the past few years. If you cannot provide your own nameplate, they offer the option of twill or stitching directly to the jersey. 

Previously I was able to source the Edge nameplates from JB. Unfortunately (as previously mentioned) that is not the case for the Winter Classic jersey. 

3 minutes ago, FrontYardSpecial said:

I've used Liebe several times over the past few years. If you cannot provide your own nameplate, they offer the option of twill or stitching directly to the jersey. 

Previously I was able to source the Edge nameplates from JB. Unfortunately (as previously mentioned) that is not the case for the Winter Classic jersey. 

Sounds like someone is gonna need to chop one up...

22 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

They will not put them on nameplates, they don't even have any and the Blues had to supply them (so I was told by the head honcho)

Any chance there is minor league team with the same color in edge material to sacrifice or even edge pro stock socks if they are wide enough. Might save you guys some serious $. Maybe the Admirals or some Qmjhl/ohl/whl team. Hell might even have a practice jersey that is the same color?

Edited by chow_hound

I'm thinking about sending the jersey and a spare plate to Keener and having him sublimate it for me. He's done it in the past successfully. If that works, I can send it in to get the correct lettering....which really just looked like felt with an embroidered blue layer.

On 1/8/2017 at 8:14 AM, Brilliant! said:

The Blues wore their Winter Classic stuff last night against Dallas but swapped out the patch for their 50th patch. It was a good look. I guess I need two of those now.

Do you plan on removing the WC patch and sewing a 50th patch in its place? 

Not if they don't come without the patch. Reebok applies their patches with a ton of adhesive and a ton of pressure so they DON'T come off. I'd get it off eventually but there'd be a lot of residue that the smaller 50th patch wouldn't cover.

1 minute ago, Brilliant! said:

Not if they don't come without the patch. Reebok applies their patches with a ton of adhesive and a ton of pressure so they DON'T come off. I'd get it off eventually but there'd be a lot of residue that the smaller 50th patch wouldn't cover.

As stated in the other thread, Devils Stadium Series patches are allegedly easy to remove. So maybe it could be done. 

32 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

That's what I was afraid of

31 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

That's what I was afraid of

It can't hurt to try.  When reading up on people's experiences with vector/wordmark switches, I saw both kinds of stories - "they're fused on" and "they're barely glued." The first vector I removed was the latter. Pull the stitching and maybe give it a little heat. You'll know pretty quickly which one you have.

Good evening fellow jersey gents, 

Has anyone found someone or a supplier that has the 100th year patch...?? I'd like to buy a dozen or so and I am sure the more you buy the better the price...

Let me know...Thank you

On Thursday, January 05, 2017 at 11:41 PM, HockeyMusic said:

Anyone happen to have an Ed Snider signature patch?

Dammit the Flyers keep wearing this patch and I can't find it.  Now they wore it in the Alumni game too!

This one...

Screen-Shot-2016-10-14-at-10.11.43-PM.pn

Now I need twonof these.

Let me know if anyone has them or if they are for sale in Philly maybe someone can pick up two for me

Thanks in advance

On 1/11/2017 at 8:28 PM, furiousd said:

I'm not sure those are legit.  I ordered two and they came in small plastic bags and not the NHL cardboard backed bags that NE puts them in with the hologram in the corner.  I messaged him to see what the deal is, but haven't heard back from him.

3 minutes ago, LessThanZero said:

I'm not sure those are legit.  I ordered two and they came in small plastic bags and not the NHL cardboard backed bags that NE puts them in with the hologram in the corner.  I messaged him to see what the deal is, but haven't heard back from him.

I bought two from that seller, but from his previous listing, not this current one. Both came in the NE packaging with the hologram. I'm interested, please post how he responds (if he does). 

How long ago did you order them? They have been out of stock recently but the description clearly says "fully packaged and sealed," with a picture of the NE packaging.  I'm wondering because I have one on order from them.

8 minutes ago, LessThanZero said:

Edited by LAK74

20 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

How long ago did you order them? They have been out of stock recently but the description clearly says "fully packaged and sealed," with a picture of the NE packaging.  I'm wondering because I have one on order from them.

I just got them in the mail Saturday.  I'll post a pic here in a second.

IMG_0613_zpsb1tkgev3.jpg

Edited by LessThanZero

38 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I have a couple on the way myself (current listing), so we'll have to see what packaging they come in.

So I guess I need to learn how to read.  I ordered them on Jan 4th and received them on the 14th.  

Mine was ordered almost the same day but I haven't received any shipping updates yet.  I'll probably get the same stuff you did.

The silver lines on the NHL shield look too thin, the tops of the 7's look tilted down a bit too much, and the left border of the patch is cut differently from the NE patch.  It's not looking good so far.  Crap.  I wonder why there are still no other sellers of this patch on all of eBay?