The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

30 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

The silver lines on the NHL shield look too thin, the tops of the 7's look tilted down a bit too much, and the left border of the patch is cut differently from the NE patch.  It's not looking good so far.  Crap.  I wonder why there are still no other sellers of this patch on all of eBay?

What pic are you referencing? I feel like I see some variation in the team tweets (Caps, Pens, CBJ) I looked at.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was just using the pics of the patch in the NE packaging provided by PatchCollection.  Not definitive by any means, so I will be checking out other pics as well.

6 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I was just using the pics of the patch in the NE packaging provided by PatchCollection.  Not definitive by any means, so I will be checking out other pics as well.

Looking at all the pics I can find show the 7's flat and not pitched down.  Man I knew something was funny about these when I got them in the mail.  I guess I'll be returning them....

What's even more obvious to me is the NHL letters and the thickness of the silver and black lines in the shield.

I guess the shipping delay was just Patch Collection waiting for a load of repros to be made...

The overlap on the zeros in the middle looks funny to me as well like the spacing is off along with the cut of the material where it's not as pointy as the actual ones on the jersey pics. I'm sure I could prob find about six more differences but the botttom line is that they are being returned since my ADHD/Type A personality just kicked into overdrive. 

2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

I wonder why there are still no other sellers of this patch on all of eBay?

Because NE is taking forever to get these out to retailers in any meaningful quantities. I've had some on order for both the store, and a personal order for myself since about a week before they were (officially) announced to the public, and still no shipping info. Last I talked to them, my ship date was the end of January, so we'll see. 

Everything was a rush job with these. I heard something about some letterers not getting enough for team sets at first-- this is totally unconfirmed though, but interesting if true. 

Well that's correct of course, but it's basically just restating my question :) - what I was wondering about was why this was such a rush job in the first place.  The 100th year of the NHL did not exactly sneak up on anyone, and there should have been plenty of time for such a patch to be designed and produced.  It should have been expected that patches would be needed for every jersey used by every single team, and like any other significant anniversary patch, there would be a great demand for it on the retail front as well.  Why the NHL or NE apparently wasn't prepared for this, even though the patch debuted 3 months AFTER the start of the season (later than most people would have expected), is beyond me.  I just find it amazing that a league-wide patch as significant as this one might not be available anywhere in any significant quantities until perhaps a month after it was used on-ice.

Well he told me to keep the ones I have and they will send out replacements????  As for them (NHL, NE, Stores) not having enough, it doesn't surprise me at all.  I get why they didn't release them earlier since they hadn't released the "official" location they wanted them sewn on (I still think it's a stupid location), but it's not like they didn't know the whole supply and demand or in this case demand and supply.  I guess Bettman is getting cheaper in his old age and didn't want to run the possibility of sitting on two or three that didn't sell.

Edited by LessThanZero

Not sure if it helps, but I can post close-up pics of the 100 patch from my game worn jersey I got last week.  I can have them up by tomorrow.  Just let me know.

There is a part of me that wonders if they might come out with a different 100 patch for the new Adidas jerseys next year, hence the short supply.

It's pretty clear they ran out of NE ones, then obtained others from another source, which they are shipping out now.  I just got a shipping notice today, and am not looking forward to getting it.

19 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

It's pretty clear they ran out of NE ones, then obtained others from another source, which they are shipping out now.  I just got a shipping notice today, and am not looking forward to getting it.

I'm more upset that they are still advertising them with a picture of the patch in NE packaging. 

Yea, that's all pretty crappy (re: not putting up the right photo of the patch they are now selling)...

As someone else said, I just can't believe that the league is fumbling a detail like this for such a large celebration year.  All around it seems like it's details they just threw together at the last second.  Makes me frustrated because I've been looking forward to this season with the crazy amounts of patches for a few years now.

Edited by blurryhaze312

12 hours ago, blurryhaze312 said:

Odd.

The ones I bought from TPC that were ordered shortly before New Years day look exactly like the ones provided to the team, on the National Emblem backer.

Same here.....i ordered 2 from patch collection and they both had national emblem packaging.

21 hours ago, furiousd said:

I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Sure and here you go!

31990380980_5a346b266b_c.jpg

31524743814_03b963642d_c.jpg

The only one I have in my possession came out of a Centennial Classic program, and I am happy to see it is an exact match. 

My other two NE patches are already with EPS getting sewn on (6 weeks or so from now). 

On 1/15/2017 at 8:58 PM, mfitz804 said:

I bought two from that seller, but from his previous listing, not this current one. Both came in the NE packaging with the hologram. I'm interested, please post how he responds (if he does). 

He did respond:

"We sold out a large amount of these from National Emblem and had to source them out from a jersey distributor.  Please let us know which version you prefer, thank you."