The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

I messaged the patch collection eBay account after purchasing 2 and asking if they're back ordered. Here's the response. 

"Yes, this item is expected to restock the week of 1/25"

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So they couldn't wait for the restock and sent out some repros instead? 

4 hours ago, LAK74 said:

So they couldn't wait for the restock and sent out some repros instead? 

Yes sir...Which is interesting since my supposed NE replacement patches had shipped on the 17th but Flyers845 was told they wouldn't be in stock until 25Jan17.  So it should be interesting to see what I get and I'll know when they arrive on the scheduled delivery date on the 21st.

Edited by LessThanZero

I still haven't even received my first patch that I ordered one day after you ordered yours.  Supposedly arriving in 2 days.

Hey everyone, stumbled across this forum while researching authentic jersey sizing questions and patches to add to a couple of my jerseys.

Are there any green "2NHL" patches available anywhere?

Stars 2nhl jersey patch.jpg

Also, I am in need of the USA flag patch that was used on the shoulder of this Modano 2003 all star.

2003allstar.jpg

Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

You can get the USA flag patch here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-Country-Logo-Licensed-Sew-On-Jersey-Patch-NHL-All-Star-Game-/322206465024

I don't know where you can get a green NHL2000 patch, but if you're a stickler for detail and want to put on that patch, you'll want to make sure your jersey has the large block CCM logo on the rear hem, along with a black and silver NHL shield next to it.  1999/2000 was the only season with that particular logo combination, during which that patch was used.

Edited by LAK74

18 hours ago, LAK74 said:

I still haven't even received my first patch that I ordered one day after you ordered yours.  Supposedly arriving in 2 days.

So do you reckon we should wait now before I place the order? Are the NE ones the one with the hard plastic on the back of the patch?

I would wait, if only to avoid the inconvenience of having to send something back for refund or exchange.  You'll know by tomorrow, as many of us are scheduled to receive patches then, and I'm sure someone will post whether they're official or not.

Not all NE patches have the hard backing; in fact, more recently they have tended to not have them.

These ones do not have the hard backing on them.  I ordered 4 when they first popped up and received the NE package ones.  No hard backing

1 hour ago, TMLFAN said:

These ones do not have the hard backing on them.  I ordered 4 when they first popped up and received the NE package ones.  No hard backing

Same. Glad I ordered early too after seeing all this BS going on.

18 hours ago, LAK74 said:

You can get the USA flag patch here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-Country-Logo-Licensed-Sew-On-Jersey-Patch-NHL-All-Star-Game-/322206465024

I don't know where you can get a green NHL2000 patch, but if you're a stickler for detail and want to put on that patch, you'll want to make sure your jersey has the large block CCM logo on the rear hem, along with a black and silver NHL shield next to it.  1999/2000 was the only season with that particular logo combination, during which that patch was used.

You're awesome, much appreciated. 

I've bought over a dozen flag patches from that seller. He seems to be the only one who always has them in stock. 

On 1/19/2017 at 8:04 PM, LessThanZero said:

So it should be interesting to see what I get and I'll know when they arrive on the scheduled delivery date on the 21st.

Well, I got my Patch Collection NHL100th today, and as expected it's not in a NE package.  It doesn't look exactly like yours though, especially with respect to the shape of the patch border.

6 minutes ago, HockeyMusic said:

Would anyone be interested in a Pat Quinn patch as worn by the Flyers during warmups in the HHOF game?

Neuvirth_N05201_c_lg.jpeg

Sure pm me 

So today I happen to stumble across a local sports shop that happens to be about 20 minutes from where I live.  It's been there for years, never knew it was there.  Anyways I went in and they have a decent sized store with everything you could think of in terms of sports team apparel.  I stumbled my way up to the front and found that they have a decent selection of patches as well.  They are all NE patches and they happened to have a good amount of the NHL 100 patches.   

Since I just received mine yesterday from patch collection and it wan't a NE patch or at least not in the NE package I bought one to compare side by side.  When I got home i laid them down and sure enough there are noticeable differences.  Nothing you probably could notice unless you have them side by side.  The one thing that surprised me the most was that the colors of the 100 are different. Also the two's, zero's, and nines are different.  The NHL font different.  If your a stickler for the details like lots of us are these Patch Collection patches are no Bueno.

http://IMG_5881_zpswt6nnco4.jpg

Edited by Hawks2797

I'm in need of a 2012 Ottawa All-star patch. In light of hearing that Patch Collection is of dubious authenticity, does this one from 714ricki look legit?

Also, does the fact that it's shown on a NE card mean it's probably legit, or do people post fakes on NE cards too? I could just order one from NE but I'd like to save a few bucks.

JerseyBaron has some.