pastadutchie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, FrontYardSpecial said:

Looking for an authentic 2009 NHL Premiere Stockholm patch (Blues vs Red Wings) if anyone has any leads. I've checked all my go-to sites but nada. 

I have one; feel free to PM me.

We're gonna have to rename this "The Badge Thread"!

On 1/31/2017 at 1:03 AM, LAK74 said:

I have one; feel free to PM me.

Do you happen to have another extra one taking up space?  I have a gamer from that game when they wore the alternate jersey but I need to make one up for a road jersey and can't find a authentic patch to save my life.

Sorry, that was the only one I had.

On 1/22/2017 at 3:48 PM, Hawks2797 said:

So to be clear. It's the top one that is the official patch? I pulled the trigger on one and at the time Ebay's "patch_collection" had limited availability in stock. But I purchased mine on Jan 29th. So let's see which one I get.

As for my team, the Canucks released this via twitter:

Then asked if it was stitched on since it didn't look like it in the photo. Since team to team, it is done differently from different pictures on the internet. 

Looks like the "rushed" batch. And they are heat pressed. I'd rather make it official by getting it stitched on my authentic jersey.

Keep you ladies and gents posted on which patch I get in the mail. Suppose to arrive Feb 7-14!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So today I happen to stumble across a local sports shop that happens to be about 20 minutes from where I live.  It's been there for years, never knew it was there.  Anyways I went in and they have a decent sized store with everything you could think of in terms of sports team apparel.  I stumbled my way up to the front and found that they have a decent selection of patches as well.  They are all NE patches and they happened to have a good amount of the NHL 100 patches.   

Since I just received mine yesterday from patch collection and it wan't a NE patch or at least not in the NE package I bought one to compare side by side.  When I got home i laid them down and sure enough there are noticeable differences.  Nothing you probably could notice unless you have them side by side.  The one thing that surprised me the most was that the colors of the 100 are different. Also the two's, zero's, and nines are different.  The NHL font different.  If your a stickler for the details like lots of us are these Patch Collection patches are no Bueno.

http://IMG_5881_zpswt6nnco4.jpg

Edited by jsanz
I'm a newb and haven't done forum posts in forever.

The one in the National Emblem package is the legit one.  If you ordered yours at the end of January, you should receive an official one, unless Patch Collection is still trying to pass off the remaining repros.  If you get one in the NE packaging it's legit, but if you get the one in the small plastic bag, it's not.

The one shown with the Canucks jersey looks official, but it seems to be from a different batch (possibly a later edition), because the white borders are cut differently from the one shown in the NE packaging.  It's a bit distressing to me that the patch is only one month old, and we're already seeing small differences in the patch appearance between legit examples.

Btw, try not to type your response within the boxed area surrounding the text of the person you are quoting, because it's hard to tell who is saying what.  Put your comments outside the box, and they will appear separately from those of the quoted person.

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

Btw, try not to type your response within the boxed area surrounding the text of the person you are quoting, because it's hard to tell who is saying what.  Put your comments outside the box, and they will appear separately from those of the quoted person.

Yes. Somehow went "duh" and forgot how to quote correctly. Not my first rodeo yet it's been years since entered a forum post. Thank you :)

Here's two NE patches, one from single packaging, and one from bulk packaging (where they sell us stacks of 100 without the cardboard backing). The underlying fabric is different, they're cut differently, the colors are different and QC appears to be abhorrent across both sets. (see the pull in the individual, and there are plenty of inconsistencies across the batch set that I can share as well)

cizS2u6.jpg

Bottom is from individual packaging, top is from bulk. Both came in the same box from NE. 

Yup, that's what I was referring to earlier, although I didn't enter into as much detail. I have one of each of those, but they both came out of individual NE packages.

Anybody have a Stanley cup 100th anniversary patch they can hook me up with or guide me to a legit one on feebay?

Got home from work and found the package from Patch Collection. Looks like the legit one. Glad it doesn't have the hard backing. Now I'll wait for the NHL Allstar Skills Competition patch and pull the trigger on that when it becomes available.

IMG_20170209_160754303IMG_20170209_160803965IMG_20170209_161706230

Got home from work and found the package from Patch Collection. Looks like the legit one. Glad it doesn't have the hard backing. Now I'll wait for the NHL Allstar Skills Competition patch and pull the trigger on that when it becomes available.

I don't believe those have ever seen a wide release. EPS had some last year, but you had to order full customization on a jersey in order to get one (which works anyway since they did the on ice Skills comp jerseys), but the patch itself was never widely available to my knowledge.

Edited by dsl135

Side note, but what a PITA those NE patches are.  Why in the world they put those dabs of glue on the back to hold them to the piece of cardboard is beyond me.  I made a huge mess trying to get all of that stickiness off.  Had to resort to goof off.  SMH.

12 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Side note, but what a PITA those NE patches are.  Why in the world they put those dabs of glue on the back to hold them to the piece of cardboard is beyond me.  I made a huge mess trying to get all of that stickiness off.  Had to resort to goof off.  SMH.

Really?? I just peeled it off with my fingers. It was stubborn but easily accomplished. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Really?? I just peeled it off with my fingers. It was stubborn but easily accomplished. 

Same here.

Yeah, I tried peeling it off but it was a no go.  Wasn't like that typical "booger glue" that just pulls off.  This came off in pieces and left a really sticky residue behind.  This was on a 1997 SCF patch.  Maybe it was just old?  I dunno, but it was annoying to say the least.

Just now, jsh139 said:

Yeah, I tried peeling it off but it was a no go.  Wasn't like that typical "booger glue" that just pulls off.  This came off in pieces and left a really sticky residue behind.  This was on a 1997 SCF patch.  Maybe it was just old?  I dunno, but it was annoying to say the least.

Ahh, maybe it got more difficult with age. I just did a couple 100th patches, and while it wasn't typical "booger glue" and it did take significantly more effort than say, the glue on your new credit card when it comes in the mail, it still peeled off within seconds.