The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Really?? I just peeled it off with my fingers. It was stubborn but easily accomplished. 

Yup! I just rolled it around a little and it was gone. If you go wild on it, then I could see why you might have had a little more of a mess.

7 hours ago, dsl135 said:

I don't believe those have ever seen a wide release. EPS had some last year, but you had to order full customization on a jersey in order to get one (which works anyway since they did the on ice Skills comp jerseys), but the patch itself was never widely available to my knowledge.

Same patch? 2016 versus the 2017 allstar skills competition patch? Aren't they different from year to year? Fingers crossed they do become available?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, jsanz said:

Yup! I just rolled it around a little and it was gone. If you go wild on it, then I could see why you might have had a little more of a mess.

Same patch? 2016 versus the 2017 allstar skills competition patch? Aren't they different from year to year? Fingers crossed they do become available?

No they're different year to year. I just meant that they had the 2016 one. 

On Friday, February 10, 2017 at 11:53 AM, FrontYardSpecial said:

I dab the back of the patch with duct tape. It pulls off the glue residue no problem and doesn't damage the backing. 

Bingo.....duct tape works like a charm and gets it all off easily.  No chemicals required.

13 hours ago, furiousd said:

You can see the patch in some of Meigray's pics of game wear like on this one, but I can't quite make it out on my phone. http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=6377772&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4530&scId=4530

Could it be possible the entire patch detail was stitched on through the patch? Can't imagine how I would be able to get a customiser to attach it to my jersey. Anyone have ideas? 

It looks to me that metallic gold thread was zig-zag stitched around the patch perimeter within the gold border.

I've seen instances where patches have gotten sewn down through the body of the patch itself. Sometimes it's much cruder than that even. The Sabres 25th anniversary patches were straight stitched through the very inside edge of the white border and not even heat-pressed.

94-95%20Buf%20rd%20Lafontaine%20patch.JP

Wings fans: 

Was just gonna post that, thanks!

Wasn't sure I was going to do up a Wings jersey with the #9 patch on it because this year's team is so bad, but the fact that I can do a three patch jersey now has me reconsidering it. The Wings are still using the embroidered NHL shield logo on the collar or did they also switch to that new felt one, I haven't really been able to figure that out.

Then I'd still have to track down a #9 and Mr. I patch somehow, which is a whole other ordeal, not sure how close the ones on eBay are.

I like the Ilitch patch a lot. What I'm a little off about is the location. Am I the only one who feels like Gordie should have gone to the shoulder and then had Ilitch over the heart? I understand what Gordie means to that organization...but Ilitch was literally the savior of not one but TWO franchises in Detroit. Maybe I'm just over-analyzing the whole thing though. Ilitch seemed like the kind of guy who would be embarrassed to be elevated above Gordie. I don't know.

Hey guys I'm looking to get a 2007 All Star game patch. Do you know if the patch that goes on the front of the jersey is the same size as the one on the shoulder? 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-NHL-All-Star-Game-Patch-Dallas-Stars-Sleeve-Patch-Jersey-/390625086084?hash=item5af311ca84

All the NE ones or ones available online seem to be 5” inches wide by 3.25” inches tall. 

Thanks

On 2/13/2017 at 6:11 PM, Brilliant! said:

I've seen instances where patches have gotten sewn down through the body of the patch itself. Sometimes it's much cruder than that even. The Sabres 25th anniversary patches were straight stitched through the very inside edge of the white border and not even heat-pressed.

94-95%20Buf%20rd%20Lafontaine%20patch.JP

Thanks for the pic. I'm gonna contact Blake's sports lettering. I will get it done by them anyways and I will let you guys know what they say. 

Looking for a 1991 NHL All Star game patch....the one that was played in Chicago...

Any help would be greatly appreciated if  you have one or could direct me to one...Thank you....

On 1/22/2017 at 4:07 PM, HockeyMusic said:

Would anyone be interested in a Pat Quinn patch as worn by the Flyers during warmups in the HHOF game?

Neuvirth_N05201_c_lg.jpeg

Finally following up on this

So I can get these done.  The cost is $15 US per patch

Add $2 shipping to that (so 2 patches would run $32, not $34)

Given the number of people that reached out to me when I first put this out there, I am having 10 done up (1 is reserved for me of course)

I will be shipping these out by standard lettermail once I receive them.  I just got the go ahead that they can replicate these for me.

Anyone interested, please PM me here, or if my mailbox fills up, email me at italianstallion2@hotmail.com

I will notify interested parties once I receive them.  I am having a picture of a sample emailed to me and I will provide you with it once I get it

Edited by HockeyMusic

Just now, jsh139 said:

SportsK patch no good? http://www.sportsk.com/19stcuppa.html

There's plenty of them out there, just figured I would ask around here first. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

There's plenty of them out there, just figured I would ask around here first. 

Gotcha. Thought maybe there was something wrong with them as I got a '97 SCF from them a few weeks ago.

7 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Gotcha. Thought maybe there was something wrong with them as I got a '97 SCF from them a few weeks ago.

Nooo, I would totally go with one of those if need be. I also have a bag of patches that I could use as trade bait, and I don't think Sportsk would be very receptive!!