The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

I'm looking for a 1994 Stanley Cup Rangers White Jersey Patch.  I am probably wrong on this, but I think I heard that there was two different size patches for the Rangers, one for the Blue jerseys and one for the White jerseys. Again, I'm probably wrong on this, but if that is in fact true, I need the one for the White jersey.  I doubt any original patches are floating around, so I would want a repo closest to what was actually used.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There was only one size patch on both blue and white. What you're probably thinking of are the lousy replicated patches that are out there. Some are decent but none are accurate. Besides one, I've only ever seen the real deals on the jerseys themselves.

Hey guy. Who was the member here who had the WCOH patches made? 

I was really happy with the quality of the patches and want to inquire about getting other, super rare repros made. 

I have so many jerseys that need patches that just aren't available. 

I need 2003-2004 Vintage "V" patches, 2002-2004 IIHF hem patches, Canada Cup Labatt patches and so on. 

If anyone else can lead me to a high quality, accurate embroidery company that will work with me, I'd appreciate it. 

Thanks guys. 

Edited by The_Dude_Abides

On 2/21/2017 at 4:05 PM, spudrock512 said:

I'm looking for a 1994 Stanley Cup Rangers White Jersey Patch.  I am probably wrong on this, but I think I heard that there was two different size patches for the Rangers, one for the Blue jerseys and one for the White jerseys. Again, I'm probably wrong on this, but if that is in fact true, I need the one for the White jersey.  I doubt any original patches are floating around, so I would want a repo closest to what was actually used.

Does this look like a fairly good reproduction of this patch?  I think it looks better than the National Emblem one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-STANLEY-CUP-FINALS-JERSEY-PATCH-NEW-YORK-RANGERS-ONLY-CORRECT-PATCH-/391643646819?hash=item5b2fc7cb63:g:vZQAAOSwj85YQvhj

1 hour ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

Hey guy. Who was the member here who had the (SHHHH!!!) patches made?

Edited by thebiggoalie

Is there any way to get an authentic, legit Maple Leafs Gardens Memories and Dreams patch? I'm not 100-percent sure but the listings on eBay appear to be either repros or fakes. Thank you!

16 minutes ago, DevilsWorship said:

Is there any way to get an authentic, legit Maple Leafs Gardens Memories and Dreams patch? I'm not 100-percent sure but the listings on eBay appear to be either repros or fakes. Thank you!

Good luck......I had to buy a whole jersey for that patch (good thing I wanted the jersey too!)

If you can get one in the original National Emblem packaging it should be all right, but they have been known to sell repros in the past, most recently with the NHL 100th anniversary patch, so who knows what you'll get unless you ask.  The one person who reviewed that item didn't seem impressed with it. 

Got these codes in an order with Patch Collection for discounts on their website. Not sure if they are one-time use or not, but I won't be using them, so go to town:

$5 off $30: 5EH3K3

$10 off $50: 193J9L

$25 off $100: 258JNJ

I want to add a 2004 hockey fights cancer patch to my alternate mooterus Modano jersey but I can't find a picture reference. 

This is the only picture i could find with Zubov. Any ideas when teams wore them? Was it simply just for hockey fight cancer nights? 

2970497.jpg

I had used that Flyers one before. It's kinda weird. The wings aren't all aligned on the left. They diagonally cut in.

I think I understand what you're saying, but in this case I think that's what is needed.

IMG_7556_zps5ver4aqg.jpg

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

I think I understand what you're saying, but in this case I think that's what is needed.

Iiiiiiiinteresting.

The black outer border is too thick, and the left tips of the "wings" are aligned straight up and down.

On 2/27/2017 at 0:57 PM, mfitz804 said:

Got these codes in an order with Patch Collection for discounts on their website. Not sure if they are one-time use or not, but I won't be using them, so go to town:

$5 off $30: 5EH3K3

$10 off $50: 193J9L

$25 off $100: 258JNJ

used the $25 off today! still working! Thanks

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:00 PM, rattlestar said:

I want to add a 2004 hockey fights cancer patch to my alternate mooterus Modano jersey but I can't find a picture reference. 

This is the only picture i could find with Zubov. Any ideas when teams wore them? Was it simply just for hockey fight cancer nights? 

2970497.jpg

Modano never wore the patch that season. Between January 9-11, 2004 only the captains of each team wore the Hockey Fights Cancer patch. Modano was placed on injured reserve (groin injury) on January 9. 2004, thus did not play in the only game Dallas played between January 9-11, 2004. Dallas faced the Avalanche on January 10, 2004, so assistant captain Zubov wore the patch instead.

Edited by modano1973
Added added info