The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

8 minutes ago, modano1973 said:

Modano never wore the patch that season. Between January 9-11, 2004 only the captains of each team wore the Hockey Fights Cancer patch. Modano was placed on injured reserve (groin injury) on January 9. 2004, thus did not play in the only game Dallas played between January 9-11, 2004. Dallas faced the Avalanche on January 10, 2004, so assistant captain Zubov wore the patch instead.

OH interesting. Thanks for the insight. What about the patches prior? Like the 2003, 2002 hockey fight cancer patches? 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 3/1/2017 at 11:00 PM, rattlestar said:

I want to add a 2004 hockey fights cancer patch to my alternate mooterus Modano jersey but I can't find a picture reference. 

This is the only picture i could find with Zubov. Any ideas when teams wore them? Was it simply just for hockey fight cancer nights? 

I don't think Modano ever wore the Hockey Fights Cancer patch. The NHLPatches site indicates that between January 9-11, 2004, only the captains of each team wore the patch. Zubov was assistant captain at the time. The photo is from the January 10, 2004 game vs Colorado. Dallas did not play on January 9 or 10. 

Similar to the 2003-2004 NHL season, only the captains wore the patch between specific dates (credit to NHLPatches.info)

January 10-12, 2003

January 11-13, 2002

January 19-21, 2001

Modano became official captain of the Dallas Stars after the end of the 2002-2003 season (July 2, 2003). While he was alternate captain before that during his North Stars/Stars years, i don't think he wore the Hockey Fights Cancer patch either in the 2002-2003 season. Dallas only played one game between the January 10-12 dates, vs the Avalanche again on January 11, 2003. 

Edited by modano1973

Anyone have a 2002 Stanley Cup Patch or could point me in the right direction to find an original or high quality repo?  The Detroit Red Wings vs Carolina Hurricanes final. Much appreciated.

3 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

Anyone have a 2002 Stanley Cup Patch or could point me in the right direction to find an original or high quality repo?  The Detroit Red Wings vs Carolina Hurricanes final. Much appreciated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-NHL-Stanley-Cup-Finals-Jersey-Patch-Detroit-Red-Wings-Carolina-Hurricanes-/390625095141?hash=item5af311ede5:g:NFYAAOSwoydWs8ZY

There you go... Its a pretty good one too... 

Anyone know if the Bruins patch worn on Feb 13, 2007 in honour of John Bucyk was publicly available? Any idea where I can get it? Thanks

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/marco-sturm-of-the-boston-bruins-is-congratulated-by-his-teammates-on-picture-id73315464

Edited by rattlestar

1 hour ago, rattlestar said:

Anyone know if the Bruins patch worn on Feb 13, 2007 in honour of John Bucyk was publicly available? Any idea where I can get it? Thanks

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/marco-sturm-of-the-boston-bruins-is-congratulated-by-his-teammates-on-picture-id73315464

marco-sturm-of-the-boston-bruins-is-cong

6 hours ago, rattlestar said:

I'm sending my recently acquired Chara to Keener Monday to have this done. I will let you know how it turns out.

56 minutes ago, aaron.holick said:

I'm sending my recently acquired Chara to Keener Monday to have this done. I will let you know how it turns out.

Awesome thanks! Are you just doing a two stack number on a black plate?

2 hours ago, rattlestar said:

Awesome thanks! Are you just doing a two stack number on a black plate?

That's the plan. I believe they have the ceremony somewhere on YouTube. The Chief is wearing a vintage white jersey and you can see how they applied the patch better on that. 

3 hours ago, aaron.holick said:

That's the plan. I believe they have the ceremony somewhere on YouTube. The Chief is wearing a vintage white jersey and you can see how they applied the patch better on that. 

I'll have a browse. Thanks! Maybe ill send in to Keener as well right after they've just done yours if all goes well lol Thanks for being the guniea pig. 

10 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

For the record, I owned one of those Bucyk jerseys MANY years ago and I'm almost positive the patch was embroidered.

For being s*** faced right now (probably) you have a good memory.  They were embroidered.  If it was made of twill like the numbers I would have made one and put it on the jersey.

14 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

For being s*** faced right now (probably) you have a good memory.  They were embroidered.  If it was made of twill like the numbers I would have made one and put it on the jersey.

Well F*** me, I probably should have asked you guys first. I guess we'll see how it comes back from Keener. 

Looking for a white letters on black twill Reebok wordmark. Pretty sure someone here had one available recently. 

Thanks. 

13 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Looking for a white letters on black twill Reebok wordmark. Pretty sure someone here had one available recently. 

Thanks. 

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?/topic/3161-a-bunch-of-jerseys-for-sale/

On 3/18/2017 at 8:28 AM, TMLFAN said:

bucyk9bos.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Thats a closeup of the patch

I think some of us may have been deceived because nhlpatches.info incorrectly has a picture that made it look like it was made with stacked layers. 

http://nhlpatches.info/patches/BOS/bos_9bucyk.htm

Can anyone confirm if this is the right size for an All Star game jersey? Specifically 2008 NHL all star game? 4" seems rather large (cue the "thats what she said joke" ;))

http://www.patchcollection.com/boston-bruins-primary-team-logo-patch.html

Edited by rattlestar

36 minutes ago, rattlestar said:

4" seems rather large (cue the "thats what she said joke" ;))

She definitely never said that.

8 hours ago, JoeM7392 said:

She definitely never said that.

I think you just ruined rattlestar's self image.