The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

I searched ebay for "stanley cup final patch 2017" and there are quire a few national emblem ones for sale.

Same goes for "penguins 50th patch"

Have your pick 

Edited by HockeyMusic

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, HockeyMusic said:

I searched ebay for "stanley cup final patch 2017" and there are quire a few national emblem ones for sale.

Same goes for "penguins 50th patch"

Have your pick 

I'm concerned about whether the multitude of  sellers using photos of the NE-packaged patches is legitimate or not. 

I guess in that case best to ask.

I can't personally vouch for any of them as I have not had to buy one myself.

However tons people had NE 100th ann'y patches so it seems that NE patches are widely available.

If there is any double you can always get it from the horse's mouth

http://www.nationalemblemcollectibles.com/specialeventsNHL.php

Edited by HockeyMusic

1 minute ago, HockeyMusic said:

However tons people had NE 100th ann'y patches so it seems that NE patches are widely available.

Remember a while back, when PatchCollection was shipping officially-packaged NE NHL100th patches, and then switched to repros for a while when their stock ran out?  Some of us got screwed there (although they did replace them with legit ones later).   And then a bit later there was a new batch of NE NHL100th patches, but they were cut slightly differently from the first batch.  Sometimes you never know what you're getting, even when a seller indicates they are selling official patches...

I've bought from the seller "opportoonity" before and got a good patch.

On 6/16/2017 at 3:21 PM, LAK74 said:

Remember a while back, when PatchCollection was shipping officially-packaged NE NHL100th patches, and then switched to repros for a while when their stock ran out?  Some of us got screwed there (although they did replace them with legit ones later).   And then a bit later there was a new batch of NE NHL100th patches, but they were cut slightly differently from the first batch.  Sometimes you never know what you're getting, even when a seller indicates they are selling official patches...

I've bought from the seller "opportoonity" before and got a good patch.

Good point.

Well as I mentioned you can always buy direct from national emblem if you have doubts buying from secondary sellers.

I have bought from "opportoonity" as well and have had nothing but positive reviews.

Edited by HockeyMusic

1 hour ago, DJ Rhea said:

Hey mfitz, I think you should get this badge next for your jerseys :P

about-blue-peter-badges-blue_1024x576.jp

Screw that, that's gonna be the crest for my beer league team. Everyone fears the Blue Peters. 

Edited by mfitz804

48 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

You do realise it's not a pirate ship :P 

That I do. I may be American but my sense of humor is razor sharp. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sending out my Leafs St. Pats 2.0 to SLC tomorrow to be lettered and bought this 100th Anniversary patch for it from The Sabres Store at KeyBank Center a few months ago:

53F8B48B-7622-49F6-8432-4AABAB4548B3_zps

C94E59C3-3EFD-44CE-8279-4CBBF8CE8F25_zps

I'm assuming the National Emblem one would be the authentic on-ice one for this patch but just wanted to make sure it's good to use.  This is the first time I'm having a patch added to a jersey I'm sending out.

Also, should I do anything with the patch before including it with my jersey to be sent to the customizer or will they take care of it?  Just want to make sure I shouldn't open it and remove any backing before I pack it up and ship it.

The National Emblem 100th patches I bought didn't have the stupid plastic backing on them, but you should probably check to make sure. 

I usually stick the patch right where I want it with some 3M spray adhesive to avoid any miscommunication about where I want it to go.

10 hours ago, furiousd said:

The National Emblem 100th patches I bought didn't have the stupid plastic backing on them, but you should probably check to make sure. 

I usually stick the patch right where I want it with some 3M spray adhesive to avoid any miscommunication about where I want it to go.

I'll be sure to check for the plastic backing.  So this patch is authentic, right?

I don't have any spray adhesive but I'm sure if I note on my order form that I want it above the right sleeve numbers they'll know where I mean.  Good idea for the future though.

Looking for a 1991 All Star game patch... The one from the Chicago Stadium.... would LOVE to get my hands on an authentic... any help pointing me to one would be so GREATLY APPRECIATED...!!! Thanking all of you in advance...

26 minutes ago, Tazer19 said:

Looking for a 1991 All Star game patch... The one from the Chicago Stadium.... would LOVE to get my hands on an authentic... any help pointing me to one would be so GREATLY APPRECIATED...!!! Thanking all of you in advance...

I may have a extra I will check 

1 minute ago, cowboys said:

I may have a extra I will check 

Oh man would that be ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC..... Thank you for the reply....

1 minute ago, furiousd said:

I'm finally out of 75th patches from that eBay seller's lot a year or two ago. Anyone have one, maybe two originals to spare?

I don't have any extras, but was that really that long ago???

Time flies...and even so I have not found my two vintage Devils jerseys for my two patches. 

What seasons did the NHL actually wear the Stanley Cup 100th Anniversary Patch, I know it is the 92/93 season.  This is the reason I'm questioning the whole season thing.  Demitra did not come into the NHL until the 93/94 season, yet there are a ton of photos of him wearing a jersey with the Stanley Cup 100th on it.  So is it a split season thing like we see with the NHL 100th anniversary patch (assuming they are wearing it the first part of the 17/18 season......

If this doesn't make sense, I'll make it easy.  Whey are there pictures of Demitra wearing the SC 100th Anniversary patch if he didn't come into the NHL until the 93/94 season?

To my knowledge, it was worn for the 1992-93 season only 

My guess is that they recycled the 1992-93 jerseys for use in 1993-94 and did not cover up the patch (for preseason and or regular season)

Maybe @slimcutta or @SensGameUsed has some more knowledge into this.

The Sens did reuse those jerseys into the 1993-93 pre-season. In fact, I saw one of them at MeiGray's warehouse yesterday.

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=5934311&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4545&scId=4545

10 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

To my knowledge, it was worn for the 1992-93 season only 

My guess is that they recycled the 1992-93 jerseys for use in 1993-94 and did not cover up the patch (for preseason and or regular season)

Maybe @slimcutta or @SensGameUsed has some more knowledge into this.

That would explain the red with white trim layered numbers from 92/93 season on a 93/94 picture when the colors had went to white with red trim.  So, I guess it's safe to say that all the pictures of Demitra wearing this particular jersey would be from preseason play?

14 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

Anyone know if these are going to be used on jerseys this season??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361971191295

I doubt it. The listing is for the legitimate Nationals Emblem patch and the seller clearly states that it's one that isn't meant to be worn on a garment.