The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

The listing just states that because NE patches have that disclaimer on the back with patches that have the hard plastic backing.

@JeffB posted a tutorial here on how to remove it so it can be applied to a jersey contrary to what "the man" says

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, LessThanZero said:

That would explain the red with white trim layered numbers from 92/93 season on a 93/94 picture when the colors had went to white with red trim.  So, I guess it's safe to say that all the pictures of Demitra wearing this particular jersey would be from preseason play?

Likely, but it could have also been used in the regular season

10 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

I doubt it. The listing is for the legitimate Nationals Emblem patch and the seller clearly states that it's one that isn't meant to be worn on a garment. 

Why do you think they won't be worn this coming season?  And they are the same as any patch you get from NE you can put it right on a jersey without any issues, I have four of them

3 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

The listing just states that because NE patches have that disclaimer on the back with patches that have the hard plastic backing.

@JeffB posted a tutorial here on how to remove it so it can be applied to a jersey contrary to what "the man" says

I stand corrected. 

18 minutes ago, bluejacket said:

I'll let others chime in, however I'll never buy from him again.  The patch I received looked nothing like what was pictured...

49 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Dearest friends, I need your advice on the 75th anniversary patches. Keener is currently doing up a jersey for me with a 75th patch that I provided. I honestly can't remember where I picked up the patch. I am hoping it was a standard patch from one of you but I'm worried now that it was either a repro from either SportsK or ebay.  Assuming it's a repro, how ghastly is this thing going to look on my minty fresh Sabres ultrafil? 

That would depend on how good a reproduction it is. Do you happen to have a picture of it?

Does anyone have the eBay link to the guy that had a whole bunch of original 75th patches?  Does he still have more of them?  I feel like I should stock up on 3 or 4 of them just in case.

He hasn't had anything for sale in over a year.  Seller ID:  nflpresspinsandmore

So for those who expressed interest, here is the Pat Quinn patch sample

There are some minute differences (like the white border on the letters is thinner), but overall I think it looks good.

Feedback?

Original:

35794678442_7837a2ec66_z.jpg

Reproduction:

36296898756_4cb1f53dc9_z.jpg

Hmm, not sure. The orange almost looks to have a honeycomb pattern to it, and a lot of the lines don't seem all that clean.

Just my two cents.

Although can anyone actually find that specific CCM Vintage jersey with the correct hem tagging and stuff? I haven't been able to find one.

35955263660_c6b21e52a3_b.jpg

Edited by dsl135

25 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Although can anyone actually find that specific CCM Vintage jersey with the correct hem tagging and stuff? I haven't been able to find one.

I don't know if the same pertains to the Flyers, but last season the Kings wore a multitude of CCM Vintage replicas during various warmups, including the Burger King and the purple alternate with lace collar.  The team store ordered some of these to be sold in the arena but not on their website, and I still haven't noticed any of these widely available elsewhere.  Perhaps the Flyers' team store might have had some? 

Does anyone have a picture of a legit 2001 SCF patch (or have one for sale)?  I picked up a home Colorado CCM and want to do something, probably Roy, with it.

1 hour ago, dsl135 said:

Hmm, not sure. The orange almost looks to have a honeycomb pattern to it, and a lot of the lines don't seem all that clean.

Just my two cents.

I have one...in my closet :P

8 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I have one...in my closet :P

You son of a...

6 hours ago, dsl135 said:

Just my two cents.

35955263660_c6b21e52a3_b.jpg

I bought mine at frozen pond.  Pricey, yes (125 CAD), but I could not find it anywhere

3 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

I bought mine at frozen pond.  Pricey, yes (125 CAD), but I could not find it anywhere

Shoot... they don't seem to have them on the site anymore.

Can someone please refresh my memory... who on here was selling SAP patches for the WCOH jerseys? I know they're also on ebay for $25, but if they're the same (and cheaper), I'd rather support a member.

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

Can someone please refresh my memory... who on here was selling SAP patches for the WCOH jerseys? I know they're also on ebay for $25, but if they're the same (and cheaper), I'd rather support a member.

Lak74

22 hours ago, dsl135 said:

Shoot... they don't seem to have them on the site anymore.

Hmmmm....i saw it on the site when I bought it, but I purchased it in person.