The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

6 hours ago, Flyers845 said:

PQ patch looks good to me. 

I have asked him to make a couple of slight refinements to it.  Most notably the outline to the PQ letters.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/4/2017 at 7:44 PM, HockeyMusic said:

Hmmmm....i saw it on the site when I bought it, but I purchased it in person.

Any chance you could check for an XL next time you're near the store?

So, it looks like our very own host site has the correct Flyers jersey in stock...

http://www.icejerseys.com/products/NHL-Vintage-Replica-Jerseys-15699/Philadelphia-Flyers-Vintage-Replica-Jersey-19972001-(Home)-p43297/?pstart=1&sortByPre=new&nosto=frontpage-nosto-1

I asked them to confirm if it's the correct hem logo.

They have free customization on vintage jerseys for the next 48 hours, so it'll come to $149.90 for anyone interested... I'm debating if I can get them to get the customization perfect, or if I'll just end up stripping it and having PE re-do it... but it's free, so?

Edited by dsl135

I guess it's worth a shot.  PX's customization looks a little different than the equivalent Ruberti's kit, though.  I can try and take a side-by-side when I get home to show you the difference.  Although, one is a white jersey and the other is orange. But, it's just the colors that were different between the two.  The 8's are definitely narrower on the PX and the outline is thicker.  I'll let you be the judge.

13 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I guess it's worth a shot.  PX's customization looks a little different than the equivalent Ruberti's kit, though.  I can try and take a side-by-side when I get home to show you the difference.  Although, one is a white jersey and the other is orange. But, it's just the colors that were different between the two.  The 8's are definitely narrower on the PX and the outline is thicker.  I'll let you be the judge.

Yea, I'm sure they're a little different. But I'd technically want the PX differences, since they did the warm-up jerseys.

To update: IceJerseys confirmed that it's the right hem tagging.

Edited by dsl135

19 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Yea, I'm sure they're a little different. But I'd technically want the PX differences, since they did the warm-up jerseys.

To update: IceJerseys confirmed that it's the right hem tagging.

Right, you'd want the differences.  The question is whether or not IJ will produce those differences.  If they use a standard Stahls' kit, it might look more like a Ruberti's customization than PX.

20 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Right, you'd want the differences.  The question is whether or not IJ will produce those differences.  If they use a standard Stahls' kit, it might look more like a Ruberti's customization than PX.

Yea. Wish I saw that they had them a couple weeks ago when they were doing the 40% off.

9 hours ago, dsl135 said:

Any chance you could check for an XL next time you're near the store?

Sure.....I can pass by on the way home from work.

Up to you if you want the IceJerseys one or Frozen Pond (assumong it is in stock)

At $125 CAD that works out to about $5 USD so that is a pretty good savings.

For anyone interested, here are the differences between PX and Ruberti's Lindros customizations.  PX on left.  I wish I had a white Lindros authentic for comparison, but we make do with what we have.  From my 30 second analysis, the back and sleeve 8's are definitely skinnier on the PX.  Also, the "L" in Lindros is a little different, as well as the captain's "C".  Anyway, here you go.

xBQJBVt.jpg

dU7vZW7.jpg

uJxvUOk.jpg

x7mo9rE.jpg

Aeu993I.jpg

Speaking of which......does philly express have customization services? 

I thought someone posted on here that they stopped doing customizations for individuals. 

22 minutes ago, HockeyMusic said:

Speaking of which......does philly express have customization services? 

I thought someone posted on here that they stopped doing customizations for individuals. 

PX through the Skate Zone would be the way to go. If you end up getting me a jersey and want it sent in with mine we can arrange that. 

FYI I'll be looking for an XL, and at $5 USD who could say no! Haha

14 hours ago, dsl135 said:

PX through the Skate Zone would be the way to go. If you end up getting me a jersey and want it sent in with mine we can arrange that. 

FYI I'll be looking for an XL, and at $5 USD who could say no! Haha

Hahahaha.  Well I will pop by after work and see if they have any left in an XL.

If no XL is available, would you take other sizes if they have?

45 minutes ago, HockeyMusic said:

Hahahaha.  Well I will pop by after work and see if they have any left in an XL.

If no XL is available, would you take other sizes if they have?

I'd probably just hold off for a sale on IJ at that point. Really don't think I'd be comfortable in anything except an XL.

Ok....they only have one large left in the whites.

So any Flyer fans in the GTA can hit up frozen pond if you want a large.

Edited by HockeyMusic

Shoot... oddly enough, I think they are on the website, I just overlooked them. And they have XL on the website.

https://www.frozenpond.com/product/hockey-jerseys-ccm-vintage-semi-pro-replica-philadelphia-flyers-vintage-replica-jersey-home-2007.html

I know it says home, which would've been orange in the 2007 season, but it also says CCM for 2007, and it would've been Reebok, sooo...

Edited by dsl135

1 hour ago, HockeyMusic said:

During the warm ups in the 2016 HHOF game (Flyers v Leafs)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/263073834695

That's Dans jersey I wonder if he sold or took it down to keep , are you close to frozen pond as I have a connection there as I shop all the time 

26 minutes ago, cowboys said:

That's Dans jersey I wonder if he sold or took it down to keep , are you close to frozen pond as I have a connection there as I shop all the time 

Dan has the Schenn Phantoms jersey. This is some other person. Kind of surprised this one didn't sell. It's a little pricey but, I mean, there's only 20 in existence and they probably won't wear that style again for a long, long time... if ever. 

5 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Dan has the Schenn Phantoms jersey. This is some other person. Kind of surprised this one didn't sell. It's a little pricey but, I mean, there's only 20 in existence and they probably won't wear that style again for a long, long time... if ever. 

Thanks been corrected ,