pastadutchie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/10/2017 at 7:20 PM, cowboys said:

That's Dans jersey I wonder if he sold or took it down to keep , are you close to frozen pond as I have a connection there as I shop all the time 

Yes i don't live all that far from frozen pond.  If you want me to pick something up for you PM me

Correct-a-mundo(Pulp Fiction was on last night). Bauer teams used the larger patch on the chest while Nike teams used a smaller one on the shoulder.

On 8/14/2017 at 7:24 PM, Brilliant! said:

Correct-a-mundo(Pulp Fiction was on last night). Bauer teams used the larger patch on the chest while Nike teams used a smaller one on the shoulder.

You've caught me at a transitional period. 

54 minutes ago, Flyers845 said:

You've caught me at a transitional period. 

I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard, to be the shepherd. 

Are national Emblem patches the way to go?  Checking to a game worn jersey patch, the outlines are a lot thinner that what was actually worn, but if this is the best option I will go with it.

I'll wait for someone else to respond, but I was under the impression that the NE patches were the authentic patches.  Not reproductions.  But, I am not as familiar, so maybe wait for someone else to reply before buying.

NE patches are officially licensed, but for older patches they are certainly not originals, and some of them are quite different-looking than the originals.  This 1998 patch is a repro, and has a different letter font, thinner orange spikes, among other differenes.

Edited by LAK74

On 8/21/2017 at 9:30 AM, LAK74 said:

NE patches are officially licensed, but for older patches they are certainly not originals, and some of them are quite different-looking than the originals.  This 1998 patch is a repro, and has a different letter font, thinner orange spikes, among other differenes.

For reference, this is an authentic one that originated from CES (sorry for the Jagr-quality photo):

U2rVe9f.jpg?1

On 8/22/2017 at 10:07 AM, spudrock512 said:

Now the question is, how do I get one of those?

They made them by cutting up Jagr gamers. Just cut as many up as you can and send the materials to CES and they will make you a patch out of it.

I got them from someone who got their hands on the leftover stock from CES years ago. There might still be some floating around.

They made them by cutting up Jagr gamers. Just cut as many up as you can and send the materials to CES and they will make you a patch out of it.

4-relieved-GIF.gif

Edited by SoNowWhat?

On 2017-08-22 at 1:07 PM, spudrock512 said:

Now the question is, how do I get one of those?

Sent message 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2017 at 10:40 AM, spudrock512 said:

If anyone has a 1998 Stanley Cup Patch (Capitals vs. Wings) or can point me to where to find an authentic or really nice reproduction I would appreciate the help.

Still looking for one of the 1998 Stanley Cup Patch - let me know if there are any leads.

Also, this has probably been discussed before, what how can you tell if a Stanley Cup 100th patch is authentic (the one's worn on the 1992-93 jerseys).  I need to get at least one, but I want to be able to tell the difference between an Authentic and a Reproduction.

16 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Also, this has probably been discussed before, what how can you tell if a Stanley Cup 100th patch is authentic (the one's worn on the 1992-93 jerseys).  I need to get at least one, but I want to be able to tell the difference between an Authentic and a Reproduction.

Not sure how to tell the difference but here's a pic of one from a GW jersey that you could use to compare.

C5EXQcm.jpg

Check the patch border, the Stanley cup detail and the facial expression. Original patches all had SOME variance. But you can still tell original from repro. 

The originals tended to have an ivory or off white background (between the border embroidery and patch itself) due to age. Modern repros look bright white.