The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

Does anyone know where I can buy an authentic Flyers 50th Anniversary patch and an authentic Flyers Ed Snider "A Flyer Forever" patch for the Flyers' 50th Anniversary jersey worn last season?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have 3 jerseys with SC100 patches on them and all the patches are identical so I assume they are all original since they look on point with the gamer pic above. 

What I notice is the embroidery in the orange (background circle around the player hoisting the cup) portion of the patch is looser and raised leaving a fuzzy finish to it while the pattern of embroidery runs vertical.  I've compared these to a french repro I have on hand and the repro embroidery in the same orange backdrop is tight and embeded leaving a smoother feel to it while the embroidery runs horizontal.

Some repros will be better than others though as my french repro is definitely bottom rung quality.  Good news for those looking for an original some are available here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-1993-NHL-Stanley-Cup-100th-Anniversary-Official-Authentic-Jersey-Patch-/263199184569?hash=item3d47e4d6b9:g:mCoAAOSwfIxZYQbz

12 hours ago, shilenj said:

Does anyone know where I can buy an authentic Flyers 50th Anniversary patch and an authentic Flyers Ed Snider "A Flyer Forever" patch for the Flyers' 50th Anniversary jersey worn last season?

50th anniversary patches are everywhere (just get a National Emblem one). There's no such thing as an authentic Snider patch unless you get a Game Worn/Issued jersey. They didn't sell loose authentic patches. There are some fantastic repros out there though.

If you really want, you could just buy my authentic jersey that I'm selling, which already has both of these patches attached! Haha (sorry for the shameless plug)

9 hours ago, dsl135 said:

50th anniversary patches are everywhere (just get a National Emblem one). There's no such thing as an authentic Snider patch unless you get a Game Worn/Issued jersey. They didn't sell loose authentic patches. There are some fantastic repros out there though.

If you really want, you could just buy my authentic jersey that I'm selling, which already has both of these patches attached! Haha (sorry for the shameless plug)

I'll check National Emblem's site.  Isn't there another site that sells authentic National Emblem patches?  I can't remember what the name was but I know there was another one I've seen.

Edited by shilenj

1 hour ago, shilenj said:

I'll check National Emblem's site.  Isn't there another site that sells authentic National Emblem patches?  I can't remember what the name was but I know there was another one I've seen.

Patch Collection does. 

Looking for a Pittsburgh Robo shoulder patch for the 2002 all star game authentic would be preferred  also looking for the 1996 Pittsburgh and Habs 1993

22 hours ago, shilenj said:

I believe the site you are talking about is eBay ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302230010212

21 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Patch Collection does. 

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, HockeyMusic said:

I believe the site you are talking about is eBay ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302230010212

eBay is naturally quite helpful but I was thinking of sportsk.com.  I couldn't think of it yesterday for whatever reason.  They used to have a bigger selection.  They don't have as much as I remember now.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Is th Blackhawks WWW patch that Patch Collection has on eBay a National Emblem authentic?

Sounds like Committed has ya covered, but I do believe that they are National Emblem authentics. I got one from them a few months ago and it was, anyway.

Is it strange to collect patches for jerseys that I don't have yet? I recently bought five SCF patches (2010, 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016) because my eBay Bucks made the purchase ~80% off, but I only have one of the five jerseys that the patches are intended to go on. I also have two SAP patches and have neither of the USA World Cup jerseys they're intended for. There are other examples.

Edited by TheKevinShow

I know they're tough to come by, but I'm looking for a black Canucks 2 Pts FG patch. Are the ones I can find that look good all reproductions? Any etiquette issues on using one if it's not visibly wrong? 

8 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Is it strange to collect patches for jerseys that I don't have yet? I recently bought five SCF patches (2010, 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016) because my eBay Bucks made the purchase ~80% off, but I only have one of the five jerseys that the patches are intended to go on. I also have two SAP patches and have neither of the USA World Cup jerseys they're intended for. There are other examples.

8 hours ago, furiousd said:

Nah, not strange in my book. I have a whole envelope of patches just waiting for the right jersey.

I have a bag full of patches, several of which I am very unlikely to find the correct jersey for. 

I have also re-purchased a patch I needed that was already in that bag because I forgot it was in there. 

15 hours ago, Van67 said:

I know they're tough to come by, but I'm looking for a black Canucks 2 Pts FG patch. Are the ones I can find that look good all reproductions? Any etiquette issues on using one if it's not visibly wrong? 

You are only going to find reproductions unless you pull an original off a game issued or game worn. The original patches the players used didn't get retailed for sale although some extras did make it into the market. I have a game issued Bure with the patch if you want some high res photos of an original to compare with what is out there. 

1 hour ago, chow_hound said:

You are only going to find reproductions unless you pull an original off a game issued or game worn. The original patches the players used didn't get retailed for sale although some extras did make it into the market. I have a game issued Bure with the patch if you want some high res photos of an original to compare with what is out there. 

Yeah if you could send me a closeup pic that would be great!