The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's been a while since I've gotten patches and removed the plastic. I noticed the ones I got recently have a thinner layer on the back. I tried boiling one and it wasn't like it used to be where it all peeled off easy. Is this thinner layer of plastic necessary to remove?

10 hours ago, Van67 said:

It's been a while since I've gotten patches and removed the plastic. I noticed the ones I got recently have a thinner layer on the back. I tried boiling one and it wasn't like it used to be where it all peeled off easy. Is this thinner layer of plastic necessary to remove?

It appears to be thinner and not necessary to remove. I ruined a Flyers 50th patch by trying to remove it actually.

If you want the new thinner plastic backing removed, I actually found the best way to do it is just to boil a pot of water and USING TONGS (or something similar) hold the patch over the rising steam.  It will evaporate right off after a few minutes.

However, I've found that they sew right down nice and easy even if you don't remove.

The one I had, I did the old boiling water (patch in the pot) and used tweezers to start peeling and it was like it was liquid glue that needed to be peeled piece by piece. In turn I think I boiled the patch too much and I'm probably just going to order another one and not bother trying to remove the back. It almost feels like it's glue meant to adhere the patch when it's pressed prior to sewing down the edges.

9 hours ago, Hawks2797 said:

I used a hair dryer on the hot setting on the thicker plastic backed ones.  Came off no problem.

I send them with the plastic backing still on them to EPS, they remove the backing free of charge and then sew it on. 

Anyone know where I could find (or have made) a Blackhawks' sponsorship patch? Athetico Physical Therapy.

Can't find any super close up/clear images of the exact font

e0578b22a2073dbacc0587c1422741d9--blackh

Edited by mdwsta4

30 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Anyone know where I could find (or have made) a Blackhawks' sponsorship patch? Athetico Physical Therapy.

Can't find any super close up/clear images of the exact font

I tried to find one forever, but I gave up the hunt after I could never find one. The Blackhawks used these regular style practice jerseys at the 2016 stadium series game in Minnesota minus the Athetico patch, but with he stadium series patch.  So I just did that instead.

Image result for 2016 stadium series practice

However, if you just go to Athetico's website, you can get the font style: http://www.athletico.com/

6 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

I tried to find one forever, but I gave up the hunt after I could never find one. The Blackhawks used these regular style practice jerseys at the 2016 stadium series game in Minnesota minus the Athetico patch, but with he stadium series patch.  So I just did that instead.

However, if you just go to Athetico's website, you can get the font style: http://www.athletico.com/

Did not realize they just wore a SS patch before, thanks! That could be an option. Shame I couldn't find one of the WC practice jerseys from last year with the old school crest!

Did you pick up a red practice jersey? The one I'll be getting is grey. Did you have the rear done up as well? The Athletico patch isn't terribly complicated so I wonder how difficult it would be to have it made?

20 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Did not realize they just wore a SS patch before, thanks! That could be an option. Shame I couldn't find one of the WC practice jerseys from last year with the old school crest!

Did you pick up a red practice jersey? The one I'll be getting is grey. Did you have the rear done up as well? The Athletico patch isn't terribly complicated so I wonder how difficult it would be to have it made?

I do have a red practice jersey,  I did a Hjalmarsson and added the Stadium Series shoulder patch.

2016 Niklas Hjalmarsson Chicago Blackhawks Stadium Series Practice Jersey Back

On 11/19/2017 at 0:22 PM, AlereFlammam said:

They want crazy amounts for shipping. I was hoping a member here had one. 

Ill just go to JB. Thanks guys

Did you order one? I had one I had plans for but I just paid Coolhockey to add one to the jersey it was intended for. 

If you’re still in need, PM me. 

2 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Patch Collection has 25% off orders on their website with promo code BF2017.

Is Patch Collection the go-to for patches for most of you guys?  I checked out NE's site and the prices seem pretty close between both.

I might place an order with that promo code for a few that go with a few jerseys I have waiting to be shipped out.

Edited by shilenj

I´m looking for a 100th Anniversary Stanley Cup patch and a 1998-99 Stanley Cup Patch for two Sabres jerseys that I´ll send out soon. Any recomendations on where to shop at, that is shipping to Sweden for a good price, or does anyone one here have a spare of each to sell me? :D

EDIT: 100, I mean 100th Anniversary

Edited by Lumpjaw
Changed patch details

52 minutes ago, Lumpjaw said:

Looked around a bit, will I be good to go with the ones that patchcollection.com has? They have good prices and affordable shipping too. Repros I´d bet?

I buy plenty from patchcollection, mostly new stuff.  For old patches like those, they'll be repros.  You might want to search for some gamers and compare the patches to see if you'll be happy with the accuracy. 

On 11/24/2017 at 11:14 AM, TheKevinShow said:

Patch Collection has 25% off orders on their website with promo code BF2017.

Courtesy of that sale, here's my haul. 5/6 patches are intended for jerseys that I don't have yet. The Pens/100th are for a black Pens I'll be having customized as a San Diego native Chad Ruhwedel (since I can't afford to pay ~$1,000 for one of his gamers) while the Kings/100th/Bob Miller will be for a white Kings Kopitar.

ZBJnIdS.jpg

Edited by TheKevinShow

I found this patch on eBay. I ordered it and and think it is an original.  What do you think?  The one on the blue is the one I got, the one on the red is form a Fedorov Game Worn jersey.

1998 Stanley cup patch

Image result for 1998 Stanley cup jersey

Thoughts???

If not its one of the best reproductions I have ever seen. Only difference I think I see is the three black shadow-stripes on the upper part of the Cup, they appear thicker on the one you got. 

That could just be variation between originals just as easily, though. 

On 11/28/2017 at 2:03 PM, spudrock512 said:

I found this patch on eBay. I ordered it and and think it is an original.  What do you think?  The one on the blue is the one I got, the one on the red is form a Fedorov Game Worn jersey.

1998 Stanley cup patch

Image result for 1998 Stanley cup jersey

Thoughts???

The patch on the blue is not the same you won off of ebay, is it?  The patch on the blue is different than the one you sent me the link to.  Both pictured here are original, the one you sent me the link to is a nice repo but still a repo.