The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

32 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-CAROLINA-HURRICANES-JERSEY-PATCH-Raleigh-Arena-Inaugural-Season-1999-2000/202216492899?hash=item2f150acf63:g:9vIAAOSws0JadlnX

For the Canes collector an inaugural patch that I'd assume is an original.  The price isn't great but I'd imagine these aren't the easiest to find.

If it were a Devils Prudential Center Opening Night patch, I’d pay that price immediately. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If it were a Devils Prudential Center Opening Night patch, I’d pay that price immediately. 

I hear you, that's why I've been getting in the habit of looking out for more originals and posting some of them back here.

There's a couple patches I'm looking for that I'd pay up for too, but they never come around it seems. (91 Cup and Isles 25th Patch)

What jersey would the Prudential patch go on? CCM/pro player/ reebok or better yet what year did the Prudential Center open?

I know a friend locally here has been looking for the Oilers inaugural Rogers Center patch and is having no luck.

Edited by JJM4

3 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

I hear you, that's why I've been getting in the habit of looking out for more originals and posting some of them back here.

There's a couple patches I'm looking for that I'd pay up for too, but they never come around it seems. (91 Cup and Isles 25th Patch)

The older the patch is, the harder it will be, because I don’t think a lot of them were made for sale. The Devils patch I referenced was not. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The older the patch is, the harder it will be, because I don’t think a lot of them were made for sale. The Devils patch I referenced was not. 

Yup, I may be forced to go repro or patchless on a 91' North Stars.  I know the 99/98/97 Cup Patch was made available for sale, but I'm not too sure about the '91. The Isles should come around, I know a member here had one available a couple years ago.

Edited by JJM4

That's a great point, I might do that for the Isles as they wore it more extensively during the time I'm getting the jersey customized for... but I'd sooner go patchless on the N Stars.  I've seen a lot/group of patches came up for auction on gamewornauctions in the past and the 91 Patch was in there, but unfortunately I'm not registered to bid.

Edited by JJM4

30 minutes ago, Energy Legs said:

It was me. Thanks for the assist!

Happy I could help!

Can anyone show or explain the difference between a repro and original 2000 patch? I have a couple jerseys that need them and ofc I'd like to get original. Or even post a pic of an original vs. repro if possible.  I guess I can start by posting the pic of the one I have and get comments and comparisons off of it too...

39203723102_080fa6ae51_z.jpg

49 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

Can anyone show or explain the difference between a repro and original 2000 patch? I have a couple jerseys that need them and ofc I'd like to get original. Or even post a pic of an original vs. repro if possible.  I guess I can start by posting the pic of the one I have and get comments and comparisons off of it too...

Funny, I had one original (came in Stahl's packaging) and one said to be a repro in my hands today. I couldn't tell a single difference between the two, meaning they were either both originals, or there is no discernible difference. 

I already sent out the jersey with the repro patch so I can't take any pictures. 

On 2/4/2014 at 8:52 AM, akteon said:

They look like reproductions to me. You can always tell the repro NHL 2000 patches from the back, but most sellers don't show that usually. Here's some comparison shots I made up a while back:

patches_2k_comparison_font.jpgpatches_2k_comparison_back.jpg

On the originals, the thickness of the letters in NHL should be close to the thickness of the 0's, and the spacing on either side should be slightly less.

On the reproductions, normally the thickness of the NHL letters is bigger than the 0's and the space on either side is larger.

Here's an Avalanche gamer that belongs to Jay (BurnabyJoeSakic) with the patch for further comparison:

Dingman-white-Pro-Player-Gamer-NHL-2000-

Here is what was talked about in 2014, The easiest way to tell is the back of the 2000 NHL ptach.  

Thanks guys, so looking back at the one I posted I wanna say it's an original? Regardless it's staying nicely affixed where it is!

Edited by JJM4

1 hour ago, JJM4 said:

Thanks guys, so looking back at the one I posted I wanna say it's an original? Regardless it's staying nicely affixed where it is!

Yours looks like an original to me.  Much like the lines on the original NHL 75th patches, the borders of the hockey sticks on the NHL 2000 patch are not perfectly smooth and straight due to the way the threads are embroidered.  On most repros, the borders are less jagged and smoother.  Or at least, that’s the way it seems to me.

Edited by LAK74

Thank you @LAK74 for the extra details. I can't remember what the back looked like but if it's original all the better.

On 11/5/2017 at 9:49 PM, HockeyMusic said:

I know this has dragged out forever, but finally an update (if anyone still cares) on the Pat Quinn patch.  Below is patch v2:

38203496971_a2529c2292_b.jpg

And below for comparison is from a gamer

37492413274_ba3b1f1db2_k.jpg

Thoughts?  It seems the repro has a slightly thicker white border around the PQ letters, but overall I think it is pretty good and I would be happy with it.

Did these end up getting made? IJ has a sale of 50% off of Vintage jerseys til tomorrow (of course they'll extend it), but that's a good way to get one of these done up correctly.

4 hours ago, dsl135 said:

Did these end up getting made? IJ has a sale of 50% off of Vintage jerseys til tomorrow (of course they'll extend it), but that's a good way to get one of these done up correctly.

Those are nice jerseys for the price, too. Sizes are limited, the ones I would have taken are not available. 

All the ones I’ve seen are heat-pressed only.  I’ve had all of mine stitched down.

17 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

All the ones I’ve seen are heat-pressed only.  I’ve had all of mine stitched down.

Correct. 

On 2/6/2018 at 1:05 PM, dsl135 said:

Yes!

They are in transit as we speak.  I will post pictures once they arrive.

9 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

Yes!

They are in transit as we speak.  I will post pictures once they arrive.

Shoot... missed out on the sale for the jersey.