The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bruins Pro Shop was selling loose 90 years patches, but they were still NE produced. They don't always have to come in the packaging, they just usually do when NE packs them up for retail... At least I think

They're not always in packaging, I'm staring at a pack of 100 NE patches (2014 chicago stadium series) at a retail store. Though, right next to it are individually packaged ones.

Need some expert insight here again!!! :)

I wanted to make up a 1991/1992 Canucks Odjick with a 75th NHL anniversary patch, but after some research I did'nt find any match of Gino wearing a black away jersey with the patch whereas the rest of the team did. Was that just a rare mistake of the equipment manager, does this happen regularly or do/did guys refuse to put certain patches for some strange reason (can't imagne that's the case but you never know)?

As always thanks a lot

A card with a partial image, but unmistakeable:

image_zpsj85q44xy.jpg

Well the Baron's sale convinced me to get a 2016 Winter Classic Bruins jersey. Could someone point me in the right direction of the correct patch if there are any yet? I see some on ebay but I don't know enough about them to know that I'm getting a legit one. Sorry for the newbish request.

Hey fellas, I'm pretty sure I'm never going to find an original Goals For Kids patch for my Jets project...so a repro is my only route at the moment.

Which one of these do you think is a better patch? I say the first one looks cleaner but that doesn't always mean accurate...need your opinions.

Thanks!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=391261353206&alt=web

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=301782212610&alt=web

Edited by The_Dude_Abides

So much like last year with the Lindros and LeClair Night patches, I went ahead and am getting Rod Brind'Amour Night patches made up. I decided to place the order instead of dsl. They are still in production as it stands as I am approving the sample today (shown below).

I am still deciding on pricing but as it stands now I am going with $10 per patch and $4.50 for each additional patch (not including shipping). I have another idea on pricing floating around in my head but am not sure if that's the direction I want to go. I will say that the if the pricing is changed it will only be decreased from the price listed above.

Please let me know via this thread or via PM if you are interested. It states that production time is 7-10 days before shipment so we're looking at around probably a 2 week wait.

I also posted this on the Trading Post, mods take it down if it's against site rules just want to get as many peoples eyes on it as possible.

6ep79t.jpg

Not being critical, and I really love the patch. Does the D in Rod look more like an O? The D in the BRIND'AMOR looks like a more defined D.

I still see a more right angle on the "D" and a rounded corner on the "O"... it's not a major difference, but I think it was worth asking to fix it so we'll see.

Honestly, both patches look like "ROO" so the repro is a good representation of the original IMO. It's not like the original has a distinct "D". <<<< That's what she said

99.9% of people won't even notice the difference, and I think the difference is subjective to the individual and what they see. I looked at it for about 15 minutes last night before I posted.

Oilers shared a very close up pic of their Sather patch from last night - not the best embroidery IMO https://www.instagram.com/p/_K-Cj1mzM6/

Yeah that looks like crap.

The topic has probably already been discussed here, but couldn't find anything.

Can anybody tell me, why the finals patch in the early 90ies mostly wasn't sewn directly on the jersey but first on some jersey material first and then sewn on? Did they just simply cut out the regular season patches like the 75th anniversary patch and then put the finals patch + jersey combination over the hole to save some time?

Thanks guys!!!