The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just fyi, the 2 details that stand out the most between originals and most repros:

1) On originals, the horizontal bands to the left of the 7 are raggedy-looking and look something like a seismographic printout, with borders that are fuzzy and not very distinct. The single lines at the far left are often crooked and not completely parallel to each other. On repros the bands are much more clean looking with sharper borders.

2) On the 7 and 5, the black borders are not clean in originals, and have spots which deviate away from the border- sort of like drawing a line with a black marker on white blotter paper. Some ink will bleed sideways so the border is not a sharp line. On repros the borders of the 7 and 5 are much sharper and cleaner-looking.

I posted this pic a while ago with an original on the left and repro on the right which kind of points out these differences.

image_zps7570964f.jpg

Originals do come around on eBay once in a while. I've found around 5 originals in the past year or so. Loose, not as common, but they are often attached to jerseys, which may be worth buying just for the patch if they are cheap enough.

Seems so. I was looking for a long time and other than eBay and expected high price, I stopped looking and inadvertently stumbled into one on a jersey I bought. Unfortunately I no longer have the other jersey I wanted the patch for. Figures.

Just a head's up, I recently came across a guy who landed a crap-ton of authentic old-stock 75th patches. I bought 25 of them earlier this week, and just waiting for them to arrive. As soon as they get here and I can confirm they're legit, I'll give all of you guys his info and you can have at 'er. Apparently he's got a lot of them, so there should be plenty to go around.

Stay tuned!

Man...I'm really developing an mo of teasing the crap out of things, eh?

Just a head's up, I recently came across a guy who landed a crap-ton of authentic old-stock 75th patches. I bought 25 of them earlier this week, and just waiting for them to arrive. As soon as they get here and I can confirm they're legit, I'll give all of you guys his info and you can have at 'er. Apparently he's got a lot of them, so there should be plenty to go around.

Stay tuned!

Man...I'm really developing an mo of teasing the crap out of things, eh?

Oh I need a couple o' those!!

I need a few also and if the guy doesn't ship to Europe, I'd appreciate the help from someone here!

I got you. When the time comes, if he won't ship to you, tell me what you need and I'll get 'em to you.

Oh I need a couple o' those!!

I just need one, so I hope they turn out to be good.

Best movie ever.

Everytime my life seems to suck beyond recognition, and I feel I've got nothing left, I watch Clerks and it puts everything back into perspective.

Been my favorite movie since it first came out.

When I worked in retail, I must have bought 50 copies and given them to various co workers and friends. No matter what type of retail, it's very applicable.

When I worked in retail, I must have bought 50 copies and given them to various co workers and friends. No matter what type of retail, it's very applicable.

It's also the only good thing to ever come out of the cesspool known as New Jersey. :)

Edited by thebiggoalie

True.

The Devils came from Kansas City by way of Colorado.

What are you, a Chew-lees gum representative? Get out of here! Edited by thebiggoalie

The Quick Stop used to be in my territory while I worked for Miller. I drove by it all the time but it's been closed for years now.

"I assure you we're open"