The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

Ok, I saw the tag on Dudes' 92-93 Kings $88 special, but haven't noticed it earlier. Koho was pretty much the only one I was unsure of so thank you again for your help on that!

I always wondered about this god awful looking tag myself. They even put it on replicas. Ive seen it on all brands too. I have it on a few jerseys...hate it!

20160229_215010-1_zpskjeastaq.jpg

Note the lack of collar tag (would imagine it's in the insider lower hip) and size tag centered, making that jersey later than '92-93...circa '95 those guys started popping up, me thinks.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I figured it was newer than 93' but for under $90...thought what the heck.

Note the lack of collar tag (would imagine it's in the insider lower hip) and size tag centered, making that jersey later than '92-93...circa '95 those guys stated popping up, me thinks.

So is the lack of collar tag just on retail authentics? What about this game worn from 1995:

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=7254

Edited by JJM4

So is the lack of collar tag just on retail authentics?

Many gameworns from 1995/96 had no CCM wash tag in the neck- the Burger Kings, Penguins Robopen 3rd, for example.

Many gameworns from 1995/96 had no CCM wash tag in the neck- the Burger Kings, Penguins Robopen 3rd, for example.

Ok... I took Slim's comment as "no CCM jerseys after 92-93 had the CCM wash tag in the neck"...

So it would seem that some game worn have the wash tag in the neck and some don't in the 95/96 CCM 3rd.

But would a retail Wild Wing authentic (like the game worn Kariya in the thread I posted a link to) post 92-93 have the wash tag in the collar?

I've seen the blank authentic in biggoalies for sale, I can refer there...

Edited by JJM4

But would a retail Wild Wing authentic (like the game worn Kariya in the thread I posted a link to) post 92-93 have the wash tag in the collar?

I've seen the blank authentic in biggoalies for sale, I can refer there

Yarrrrrr!

Ok... I took Slim's comment as "no CCM jerseys after 92-93 had the CCM wash tag in the neck"...

So it would seem that some game worn have the wash tag in the neck and some don't in the 95/96 CCM 3rd.

No, Slim meant that CCM's do have the wash tag in the collar, that is, until 1995. (Same thing we were talking about in our PM today.)

From what I've seen, the 1995/96 3rds generally don't have wash tags in the neck, even the Wild Wings. The only 2 WW's I've seen that do have the tag are both goalie-cuts, but I'm not sure if that's significant, or just a coincidence.

Edited by LAK74

And my MO for all of this carrying on about tags is this:

20160324_140903_resized_1_zpsziyst8jh.jp

I traded a jersey of mine that wasn't selling for one of the wild wing remake center ice jerseys that was on ebay but the tags were all wrong, so I was referring to a couple threads here to get it right...

And of course I had a nice guy strip 3 new Maska tags out of some new cheap maska air knits he had listed on ebay... as replacement for the one pictured and a 90-91 North Star, and a 96 Caps J&B patch.

Yarrrrrr!

I thought you'd like the advertising...

If it sells in the coming week, I accept commissions in cash and jerseys :thumbsup:

No, Slim meant that CCM's do have the wash tag in the collar, that is, until 1995. (Same thing we were talking about in our PM today.)

From what I've seen, the 1995/96 3rds generally don't have wash tags in the neck, even the Wild Wings. The only 2 WW's I've seen that do have the tag are both goalie-cuts, but I'm not sure if that's significant, or just a coincidence.

Ok thank you... I re-read what you said and now I got a handle on what the 2 of you are saying.

My reading comprehension today... :huh:

And my MO for all of this carrying on about tags is this:

20160324_140903_resized_1_zpsziyst8jh.jp

I traded a jersey of mine that wasn't selling for one of the wild wing remake center ice jerseys that was on ebay but the tags were all wrong, so I was referring to a couple threads here to get it right...

And of course I had a nice guy strip 3 new Maska tags out of some new cheap maska air knits he had listed on ebay... as replacement for the one pictured and a 90-91 North Star, and a 96 Caps J&B patch.

Am I misunderstanding you, or you're actually worried about (and putting in) legitimate correct tags into a counterfeit jersey?

Is that what you meant by remake of the Wild Wing? Or are you tagging one of those really limited edition ones from Selanne retirement night?

Am I misunderstanding you, or you're actually worried about (and putting in) legitimate correct tags into a counterfeit jersey?

Is that what you meant by remake of the Wild Wing? Or are you tagging one of those really limited edition ones from Selanne retirement night?

Yes, I'd like to get it right since I have some $ invested in it. Worried might not be the right way to put it, but since I was tagging a few more why not complete what I've got. I'd say proactive.

I'd sooner not spend what an authentic would cost and why not make it as right as my eye sees fit?

It's a replica remade to authentic specs.

"Remake"s are still knockoffs.

Of course, in any collecting community I'd expect it's the same concept to apply. Just boils down to how particular you decide you want to be and how much $ you have.

And for a wildwing I don't have the $ it takes to be particular as we'd all like.

Edited by JJM4

Not trying to be insulting here, but if you are concerned about making it look as accurate as possible, I might suggest ditching that fake Center Ice tag. The NHL shield unfortunately looks like it melted or something.

Not trying to be insulting here, but if you are concerned about making it look as accurate as possible, I might suggest ditching that fake Center Ice tag. The NHL shield unfortunately looks like it melted or something.

Everything you've answered me or anyone on has been answered constructively and respectfully from what I've seen, so thank you again for another suggestion!

Edited by JJM4

Wasn't trying to be judgemental or put you down. I just didn't understand putting authentic tags in a knockoff jersey.

I think you'll find a lot of people will have opinions, but no one's opinion matters in the end as far as what you want to do with it. It's your jersey. Where it gets fishy is when you try to resell.

Now, when you say it's "a replica remade to authentic specs" are you saying that someone put a fight strap in a replica jersey? Because if you're referring to the "clone" jerseys that have popped up on eBay in the last 6 months, that statement is not correct. It is not a replica remade to authentic specs. It's not made of the correct materials or anything like that, so it's not authentic specs. It's a counterfeit jersey. It is not licensed. Calling it a remake isn't really accurate, and I think you'll find that calling it that will be what will ###### people off the most, especially if you ever go to resell it. It's a fake, counterfeit jersey. That's all that it is.

Edited by dsl135

There has been a lot of this BS on eBay in the last bit ,a fake jersey is a fake jersey time to get rid of that bull s***

Wasn't trying to be judgemental or put you down. I just didn't understand putting authentic tags in a knockoff jersey.

I think you'll find a lot of people will have opinions, but no one's opinion matters in the end as far as what you want to do with it. It's your jersey. Where it gets fishy is when you try to resell.

Now, when you say it's "a replica remade to authentic specs" are you saying that someone put a fight strap in a replica jersey? Because if you're referring to the "clone" jerseys that have popped up on eBay in the last 6 months, that statement is not correct. It is not a replica remade to authentic specs. It's not made of the correct materials or anything like that, so it's not authentic specs. It's a counterfeit jersey. It is not licensed. Calling it a remake isn't really accurate, and I think you'll find that calling it that will be what will ###### people off the most, especially if you ever go to resell it. It's a fake, counterfeit jersey. That's all that it is.

It's fine, it's a passionate group and I get that. I keep a section of 'creation' jerseys in my collection so I always have some form of jersey perfection to strive for while not breaking the bank. It's a passion for me.

Thank you for your opinion on the jersey.

Edited by JJM4

It's fine, it's a passionate group and I get that. I keep a section of 'creation' jerseys in my collection so I always have some form of jersey perfection to strive for while not breaking the bank. It's a passion for me.

Thank you for your opinion on the jersey.

"Creation Jerseys" is a fun phrase for what they are.

I thought so... and besides a couple of them would require many of us to mortgage our homes to pay for the real deal if it came available.

ex. Orr final game in Boston:

Orr4FinalGame_zpsckoxziye.png

A mint Bruins Sandow Sweater that I have kicking around that I'd sooner not give away on ebay:

NOrrFinalGame_zpsh5lg34vn.jpg

Gives me something to do within the hobby for cheaper. More research, some history lessons, and some hard to find expensive pieces like:

Orr4FinalGamh_zpsbpagltbw.png

"Creation jerseys" should go in mfitz's encyclopedia.

I'd add it if it wasn't designed to mislead people!!

:)

I'm sorry if you view it that way. I have not sold any of these and I ask you reserve judgement on my misleading of people until I do and my rating reflects that.

Am I the only one who does a project/creation type jersey?

I'm sorry if you view it that way. I have not sold any of these and I ask you reserve judgement on my misleading of people until I do and my rating reflects that.

Am I the only one who does a project/creation type jersey?

Doing them for yourself is one thing, selling fakes is another. You're doing both.