pastadutchie

The Patch Thread 2.0

1,551 posts in this topic

Does anyone have the eBay link to the guy that had a whole bunch of original 75th patches?  Does he still have more of them?  I feel like I should stock up on 3 or 4 of them just in case.

He hasn't had anything for sale in over a year.  Seller ID:  nflpresspinsandmore

Here, these look original.  Have at it.

75th anni patch

So for those who expressed interest, here is the Pat Quinn patch sample

There are some minute differences (like the white border on the letters is thinner), but overall I think it looks good.

Feedback?

Original:

35794678442_7837a2ec66_z.jpg

Reproduction:

36296898756_4cb1f53dc9_z.jpg

Hmm, not sure. The orange almost looks to have a honeycomb pattern to it, and a lot of the lines don't seem all that clean.

Just my two cents.

Although can anyone actually find that specific CCM Vintage jersey with the correct hem tagging and stuff? I haven't been able to find one.

35955263660_c6b21e52a3_b.jpg

Edited by dsl135

25 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Although can anyone actually find that specific CCM Vintage jersey with the correct hem tagging and stuff? I haven't been able to find one.

I don't know if the same pertains to the Flyers, but last season the Kings wore a multitude of CCM Vintage replicas during various warmups, including the Burger King and the purple alternate with lace collar.  The team store ordered some of these to be sold in the arena but not on their website, and I still haven't noticed any of these widely available elsewhere.  Perhaps the Flyers' team store might have had some? 

Does anyone have a picture of a legit 2001 SCF patch (or have one for sale)?  I picked up a home Colorado CCM and want to do something, probably Roy, with it.

1 hour ago, dsl135 said:

Hmm, not sure. The orange almost looks to have a honeycomb pattern to it, and a lot of the lines don't seem all that clean.

Just my two cents.

I have one...in my closet :P

8 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I have one...in my closet :P

You son of a...

7 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

You son of a...

TrollFace.png

6 hours ago, dsl135 said:

Just my two cents.

35955263660_c6b21e52a3_b.jpg

I bought mine at frozen pond.  Pricey, yes (125 CAD), but I could not find it anywhere

3 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

I bought mine at frozen pond.  Pricey, yes (125 CAD), but I could not find it anywhere

Shoot... they don't seem to have them on the site anymore.

Can someone please refresh my memory... who on here was selling SAP patches for the WCOH jerseys? I know they're also on ebay for $25, but if they're the same (and cheaper), I'd rather support a member.

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

Can someone please refresh my memory... who on here was selling SAP patches for the WCOH jerseys? I know they're also on ebay for $25, but if they're the same (and cheaper), I'd rather support a member.

Lak74

22 hours ago, dsl135 said:

Shoot... they don't seem to have them on the site anymore.

Hmmmm....i saw it on the site when I bought it, but I purchased it in person.

PQ patch looks good to me. 

6 hours ago, Flyers845 said:

PQ patch looks good to me. 

I have asked him to make a couple of slight refinements to it.  Most notably the outline to the PQ letters.

I apologize if this is old news but I ran into this today, hadn't seen it before. 

24crs7b.png

Canucks and Kings will be wearing em. 

On 8/4/2017 at 7:44 PM, HockeyMusic said:

Hmmmm....i saw it on the site when I bought it, but I purchased it in person.

Any chance you could check for an XL next time you're near the store?

So, it looks like our very own host site has the correct Flyers jersey in stock...

http://www.icejerseys.com/products/NHL-Vintage-Replica-Jerseys-15699/Philadelphia-Flyers-Vintage-Replica-Jersey-19972001-(Home)-p43297/?pstart=1&sortByPre=new&nosto=frontpage-nosto-1

I asked them to confirm if it's the correct hem logo.

They have free customization on vintage jerseys for the next 48 hours, so it'll come to $149.90 for anyone interested... I'm debating if I can get them to get the customization perfect, or if I'll just end up stripping it and having PE re-do it... but it's free, so?

Edited by dsl135

I guess it's worth a shot.  PX's customization looks a little different than the equivalent Ruberti's kit, though.  I can try and take a side-by-side when I get home to show you the difference.  Although, one is a white jersey and the other is orange. But, it's just the colors that were different between the two.  The 8's are definitely narrower on the PX and the outline is thicker.  I'll let you be the judge.

13 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I guess it's worth a shot.  PX's customization looks a little different than the equivalent Ruberti's kit, though.  I can try and take a side-by-side when I get home to show you the difference.  Although, one is a white jersey and the other is orange. But, it's just the colors that were different between the two.  The 8's are definitely narrower on the PX and the outline is thicker.  I'll let you be the judge.

Yea, I'm sure they're a little different. But I'd technically want the PX differences, since they did the warm-up jerseys.

To update: IceJerseys confirmed that it's the right hem tagging.

Edited by dsl135

19 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Yea, I'm sure they're a little different. But I'd technically want the PX differences, since they did the warm-up jerseys.

To update: IceJerseys confirmed that it's the right hem tagging.

Right, you'd want the differences.  The question is whether or not IJ will produce those differences.  If they use a standard Stahls' kit, it might look more like a Ruberti's customization than PX.

20 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Right, you'd want the differences.  The question is whether or not IJ will produce those differences.  If they use a standard Stahls' kit, it might look more like a Ruberti's customization than PX.

Yea. Wish I saw that they had them a couple weeks ago when they were doing the 40% off.