pastadutchie

The Patch Thread 2.0

1,578 posts in this topic

Never mind.

Edited by mfitz804

Looking for a red Vector patch for a Wings jersey. Does anyone have one they'd move? 

If anyone has a 1998 Stanley Cup Patch (Capitals vs. Wings) or can point me to where to find an authentic or really nice reproduction I would appreciate the help.

Are national Emblem patches the way to go?  Checking to a game worn jersey patch, the outlines are a lot thinner that what was actually worn, but if this is the best option I will go with it.

I'll wait for someone else to respond, but I was under the impression that the NE patches were the authentic patches.  Not reproductions.  But, I am not as familiar, so maybe wait for someone else to reply before buying.

NE patches are officially licensed, but for older patches they are certainly not originals, and some of them are quite different-looking than the originals.  This 1998 patch is a repro, and has a different letter font, thinner orange spikes, among other differenes.

Edited by LAK74

On 8/21/2017 at 9:30 AM, LAK74 said:

NE patches are officially licensed, but for older patches they are certainly not originals, and some of them are quite different-looking than the originals.  This 1998 patch is a repro, and has a different letter font, thinner orange spikes, among other differenes.

For reference, this is an authentic one that originated from CES (sorry for the Jagr-quality photo):

U2rVe9f.jpg?1

Now the question is, how do I get one of those?

On 8/22/2017 at 10:07 AM, spudrock512 said:

They made them by cutting up Jagr gamers. Just cut as many up as you can and send the materials to CES and they will make you a patch out of it.

I got them from someone who got their hands on the leftover stock from CES years ago. There might still be some floating around.

They made them by cutting up Jagr gamers. Just cut as many up as you can and send the materials to CES and they will make you a patch out of it.

4-relieved-GIF.gif

Edited by SoNowWhat?

On 2017-08-22 at 1:07 PM, spudrock512 said:

Sent message 

This one might be a long shot...  Anyone have a Carolina Vasicek 63 patch?  The one on ebay doesn't look like the right construction.

32252.jpg

On 8/21/2017 at 10:40 AM, spudrock512 said:

If anyone has a 1998 Stanley Cup Patch (Capitals vs. Wings) or can point me to where to find an authentic or really nice reproduction I would appreciate the help.

Still looking for one of the 1998 Stanley Cup Patch - let me know if there are any leads.

Also, this has probably been discussed before, what how can you tell if a Stanley Cup 100th patch is authentic (the one's worn on the 1992-93 jerseys).  I need to get at least one, but I want to be able to tell the difference between an Authentic and a Reproduction.

16 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Also, this has probably been discussed before, what how can you tell if a Stanley Cup 100th patch is authentic (the one's worn on the 1992-93 jerseys).  I need to get at least one, but I want to be able to tell the difference between an Authentic and a Reproduction.

Not sure how to tell the difference but here's a pic of one from a GW jersey that you could use to compare.

C5EXQcm.jpg

I've squinted at plenty of 100th Cup patches - gamer, vintage, and repro. The current licensed repros are very good, and there was enough variation on the originals that it's hard to say "this is what one should look like."  I'm pretty confident that I would fail a blind test of 'Real or Repro.'

Check the patch border, the Stanley cup detail and the facial expression. Original patches all had SOME variance. But you can still tell original from repro. 

The originals tended to have an ivory or off white background (between the border embroidery and patch itself) due to age. Modern repros look bright white. 

Does anyone know where I can buy an authentic Flyers 50th Anniversary patch and an authentic Flyers Ed Snider "A Flyer Forever" patch for the Flyers' 50th Anniversary jersey worn last season?

I have 3 jerseys with SC100 patches on them and all the patches are identical so I assume they are all original since they look on point with the gamer pic above. 

What I notice is the embroidery in the orange (background circle around the player hoisting the cup) portion of the patch is looser and raised leaving a fuzzy finish to it while the pattern of embroidery runs vertical.  I've compared these to a french repro I have on hand and the repro embroidery in the same orange backdrop is tight and embeded leaving a smoother feel to it while the embroidery runs horizontal.

Some repros will be better than others though as my french repro is definitely bottom rung quality.  Good news for those looking for an original some are available here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-1993-NHL-Stanley-Cup-100th-Anniversary-Official-Authentic-Jersey-Patch-/263199184569?hash=item3d47e4d6b9:g:mCoAAOSwfIxZYQbz

12 hours ago, shilenj said:

Does anyone know where I can buy an authentic Flyers 50th Anniversary patch and an authentic Flyers Ed Snider "A Flyer Forever" patch for the Flyers' 50th Anniversary jersey worn last season?

50th anniversary patches are everywhere (just get a National Emblem one). There's no such thing as an authentic Snider patch unless you get a Game Worn/Issued jersey. They didn't sell loose authentic patches. There are some fantastic repros out there though.

If you really want, you could just buy my authentic jersey that I'm selling, which already has both of these patches attached! Haha (sorry for the shameless plug)

9 hours ago, dsl135 said:

50th anniversary patches are everywhere (just get a National Emblem one). There's no such thing as an authentic Snider patch unless you get a Game Worn/Issued jersey. They didn't sell loose authentic patches. There are some fantastic repros out there though.

If you really want, you could just buy my authentic jersey that I'm selling, which already has both of these patches attached! Haha (sorry for the shameless plug)

I'll check National Emblem's site.  Isn't there another site that sells authentic National Emblem patches?  I can't remember what the name was but I know there was another one I've seen.

Edited by shilenj

1 hour ago, shilenj said:

I'll check National Emblem's site.  Isn't there another site that sells authentic National Emblem patches?  I can't remember what the name was but I know there was another one I've seen.

Patch Collection does. 

Looking for a Pittsburgh Robo shoulder patch for the 2002 all star game authentic would be preferred  also looking for the 1996 Pittsburgh and Habs 1993

22 hours ago, shilenj said:

I believe the site you are talking about is eBay 😂

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302230010212

21 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Patch Collection does. 

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, HockeyMusic said:

I believe the site you are talking about is eBay 😂

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302230010212

eBay is naturally quite helpful but I was thinking of sportsk.com.  I couldn't think of it yesterday for whatever reason.  They used to have a bigger selection.  They don't have as much as I remember now.