pastadutchie

The Patch Thread 2.0

1,631 posts in this topic

Apologies if it's somewhere deep in this thread, but is there a such thing as an authentic NHL Cares Katrina patch from 2005? I have a Ducks Niedermayer alternate jersey the patch was on for their home opener that season. 

Looking for a blue (Canucks) vector patch to slap over a word mark. Anybody? 

Still looking for an authentic 1998 Stanley Cup Patch (Capitals vs Red Wings). I might just have to go with the Patch Collections one, but it's definitely not authentic.  If anyone has any leads or happens to have one, please let me know.

4 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

Still looking for an authentic 1998 Stanley Cup Patch (Capitals vs Red Wings). I might just have to go with the Patch Collections one, but it's definitely not authentic.  If anyone has any leads or happens to have one, please let me know.

Will check mine again I answered your email 

Anyone have a Steve Yzerman retirement night patch?

I know this has dragged out forever, but finally an update (if anyone still cares) on the Pat Quinn patch.  Below is patch v2:

38203496971_a2529c2292_b.jpg

And below for comparison is from a gamer

37492413274_ba3b1f1db2_k.jpg

Thoughts?  It seems the repro has a slightly thicker white border around the PQ letters, but overall I think it is pretty good and I would be happy with it.

Any interest remaining in the Quinn patch?

No I will,pass but thanks 

Had a couple patches arrive this week. It's been a while since I've done that patch thing with some jerseys and it feels like the plastic on the back is thinner than it used to be. Does it still need to be removed before sending for customization? (EPS)

Does anyone know if the Coyotes and Stars used the same shade of green 2NHL patch? It looks like the Coyotes had a darker green but I am hoping someone can confirm since lighting may be a little different in these photos.

24556873718_c9c9487841_c.jpg

24556869958_2c0023c7e9_c.jpg

24556870838_9e0695178a_c.jpg

Edited by EMkicks

Anyone have a spare NHL 100 patch?

They want crazy amounts for shipping. I was hoping a member here had one. 

Ill just go to JB. Thanks guys

On 11/9/2017 at 7:16 PM, HockeyMusic said:

Any interest remaining in the Quinn patch?

I'd be interested in one still. 

Edited by Flyers845

How much are the Quinn patches going to be?

1 hour ago, dsl135 said:

How much are the Quinn patches going to be?

Given the price I was quoted....probably about $15 shipped.

Yea, at that price, I'd still take one.

It's been a while since I've gotten patches and removed the plastic. I noticed the ones I got recently have a thinner layer on the back. I tried boiling one and it wasn't like it used to be where it all peeled off easy. Is this thinner layer of plastic necessary to remove?

10 hours ago, Van67 said:

It's been a while since I've gotten patches and removed the plastic. I noticed the ones I got recently have a thinner layer on the back. I tried boiling one and it wasn't like it used to be where it all peeled off easy. Is this thinner layer of plastic necessary to remove?

It appears to be thinner and not necessary to remove. I ruined a Flyers 50th patch by trying to remove it actually.

If you want the new thinner plastic backing removed, I actually found the best way to do it is just to boil a pot of water and USING TONGS (or something similar) hold the patch over the rising steam.  It will evaporate right off after a few minutes.

However, I've found that they sew right down nice and easy even if you don't remove.

The one I had, I did the old boiling water (patch in the pot) and used tweezers to start peeling and it was like it was liquid glue that needed to be peeled piece by piece. In turn I think I boiled the patch too much and I'm probably just going to order another one and not bother trying to remove the back. It almost feels like it's glue meant to adhere the patch when it's pressed prior to sewing down the edges.

I used a hair dryer on the hot setting on the thicker plastic backed ones.  Came off no problem.

9 hours ago, Hawks2797 said:

I used a hair dryer on the hot setting on the thicker plastic backed ones.  Came off no problem.

I send them with the plastic backing still on them to EPS, they remove the backing free of charge and then sew it on. 

Anyone know where I could find (or have made) a Blackhawks' sponsorship patch? Athetico Physical Therapy.

Can't find any super close up/clear images of the exact font

e0578b22a2073dbacc0587c1422741d9--blackh

Edited by mdwsta4