The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone know where I can get a Mike Modano retirement patch? Looks great. Only one on eBay is starting to get pricey with a week left.

The retail Modano retirement patch being sold on eBay may not be identical to the patch worn on the Stars jerseys for tonight's game. The retail patch has a white border, whereas the patch worn tonight does not have a white border.

In comparing the two patches, they does seem to be a difference between the two.

Retail patch:

GolAqMp.jpg

Game worn patch

yisVDPHl.jpg

Edited by modano1973

. This might end up being a bit of a search for an authentic patch.

Judging by your username i would guess you're looking for one too?

Yes, I am also on the lookout for an authentic, accurate patch. I had purchased the retail patch prior to the game, figuring the patch would be identical to the patch on the game worn jerseys. :noway:

Yea. I just managed to get my hands on a team issued 2.0, so I definitely would like to get an authentic patch to add to it.

Does anyone know where or even if it's possible to get AHL sponsor patches? Specifically, ones from the Utica Comets jersey from this season?

post-4372-0-36454200-1394501558_thumb.jp

Hello all ;-)

I am in need of an NHL 75th patch...

Does anyone have an authentic they would part with??

Please let me know ASAP because I would like it by Friday....send me a PM if you do...

Very many thanks to all....

Can somebody please post a picture of an authentic and a repro of one of these guys, explaining any differences?

Thanks clique members.

36416514156771-vi.jpg

That one looks authentic. The repros look different.

-smartass clique member

That one looks authentic. The repros look different.

-smartass clique member

Thanks, Mr.Smartass. :P

I've seen ones like this that I wasn't sure they were authentic, ones that looked just like this, but no glue on the back, and ones that looked just plain awful.

Thanks for the input.

Sincerely, Mr.Dumbass :P

Edited by thebiggoalie

All kidding aside Tom, I have a repro at home that I could post if you like- it would be much later on though. A good eye like yours should see the differences without any kind of explanation.

All kidding aside Tom, I have a repro at home that I could post if you like- it would be much later on though. A good eye like yours should see the differences without any kind of explanation.

Not necessary. I've picked up a few on eBay whenever I needed them. I have two I purchased a year ago that are just god-awful. The others look good, but they just don't have the glue on the back. I was pretty sure this one was good. Just have to put it on a jersey after removing the lesser one.

Thanks for the help. In under 2 hours time too!

Edited by thebiggoalie

Hello all ;-)

I am in need of an NHL 75th patch...

Does anyone have an authentic they would part with??

Please let me know ASAP because I would like it by Friday....send me a PM if you do...

Very many thanks to all....

Tazer19 I have one, message sent....Can somebody please hook me up with a 3" '96 World Cup of Hockey patch, I need just one! Will top dollar or can trade for other rare patches that I have. Hook a brotha up!

. This might end up being a bit of a search for an authentic patch.

Judging by your username i would guess you're looking for one too?

Might be similar to what the Avs have done with the Sakic, Forsberg and Foote patches... Very limited supply affixed only to gamers and game issued... Replicas that aren't very accurate online... The authentic Modano patch may never be available at retail..

It is looking that way, so far, with the Modano patch. The Modano patches that were sold at American Airlines Center the night of the jersey retirement ceremony, which are probably the same ones being sold on eBay, are not accurate.

I am guessing the pre-order patch currently up for sale on eBay will be the same inaccurate patch.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/221395634484?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Edited by modano1973

Yea, I probably won't end up bothering with it.

My jersey is currently out being done up as a Benn. The patch would've been cool, but the search isn't worth it in my opinion.

The only true way I have thought of that would work right now is to buy the last remaining GI jersey from Meigray, strip the patch, and then re-sell the jersey, which I'd probably end up taking a fairly big loss on.

Questions about 1997 All Star game

Looking to get my jersey customized with Lemieux and need the shoulder patches

Anyone know where to find the all star patch and Penguin patch?

Saw decent all star one on ebay which Im considering.

As for Pens logo, does anyone know the sizing of them? 4 x 4? Seems larger than that in pictures from the game.

Thanks in advance.

ice_hockey_patches on eBay sells many patches. Does anybody recommend his reproductions and would it be wise to get the Stanley Cup "Centennial" (100 years) patch from him and stitched on to any authentics (I want to do a Selanne rookie Jets jersey and my Nordiques Sakic jersey with a French version). http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL100th-CENTENNIAL-STANLEY-CUP-TROPHY-PATCH-FRENCH-VERSION-/221336925691?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3388b575fb

Edited by pac_4_ever

All he sells are repros. Careful on the English SC100 patch, because it doesn't look like the picture in the listing, at least the last time I checked- it's a pretty obvious repro. Actually, the Jets used a special version of that patch anyway, didn't they?

I know the jets blue one had a "blue" patch but I think their white jersey still had the regular white SC 100 patch. I could be wrong. Do you think the French version will be ok and would you recommend getting it put on an a Pro Nords Sakic?

Again, what makes it difficult to answer your question is that the seller tends to use photos in his listings that don't look like the actual patches you receive. I bought three different patches from him, and 2 of them were markedly different from the pictures, including the English SC100 patch. You would have to inquire specifically about any individual patch to see if the photo he used is of the actual patch for sale.