Marty Biron Retires

DropkickMurphy8

http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/4076/after-16-season-biron-calls-it-a-career?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=posts&utm_content=facebook_1382285658#.UmQRa1CSraE

Sad, he's probably one of the top 3 backups in the league and is waived after one bad start on a team that can't play on either side of the puck right now. I didn't think the Rangers' problems had anything to do with Marty, so I don't understand why he was put on waivers after one start. Now Biron retires because the Rangers suck?

Horrible decision by Sather and AV.

Agreed. He got shafted. I still think he should have played for the WP, and in due time, he may be called up for some reason. It's not like Hank is on top if his game. This team has gone to Hell in a hurry. I seriously want AV gone already. There's so much talent in this team, yet I've seen more organized high school teams playing in my home town. Pathetic.

I too am sad to see Biron retire, especially how it unfolded. However I do understand him preferring to retire instead of playing in Hartford - he's been in the league 18 years. I also think he'll have a good career ahead of him in broadcasting.

agree with all above comments- Marty was more than capable....no one is playing well on the team (except for Richards). Have Staal, Girardi and McDonagh completly forgot how to play defense due to this new system??

It's like the defense has completely disappeared. I've turned off most of the games this season (yes, I know, blasphemy) because they haven't even made them close, 9-2 and 6-1 disgusted me and I have entirely too much schoolwork right now to try to sit through a game that's over 3 minutes into the 2nd period. Yeah yeah, I know, real fans watch anyway. They're absurd and I hate AV as well right now, I didn't understand firing Torts in the first place. It makes less sense now after seeing a team that was deliberately constructed to fit his system demonstrate a complete lack of competence on either side of the puck in a new system.

These guys obviously can't play AV's style of hockey, and I expect the house cleaning to commence by the end of the calendar year if they can't turn this around. Things were looking so bright and I honestly believe that if last year hadn't been shortened by the lockout and if Torts had gone through training camp with Nash and Gabby, we'd still have Gaborik and we would've gone deep into the playoffs last season. Torts deserved a full training camp with Nash and Gaborik, these guys are't meant for the type of system AV is trying to run.

Good points and a full camp would've provided the "real" Brad Richards......would've been interesting