Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
akteon

Issues Adding New Topics or Replying

10 posts in this topic

There's some errors popping up when folks try to add new topics or sometimes reply to existing topics. Even though folks get the errors, the messages are normally submitted correctly, but they don't know that so they end up submitting again, leading to dupes.

I wanted to start a thread so that we could try to document/capture the errors that are being seen to hopefully help out the fine folks at IJ with troubleshooting the issue.

I was hoping the issue would appear while posting this new topic, but it didn't so something fishy is going on where the the issue doesn't always occur. If you get the error, please copy and paste it here (no need to post duplicates if someone else posts the error you already saw).

Also happens during PMs

Happened to me last night. Fastest way to get them to look into it is to tweet @IceJerseys describing the problem.

Okay finally got it to happen again. Got this error just now replying to a thread:

Warning: Base directory HTML_PURIFIER_PATHcache/tmp does not exist, please create or change using %Cache.SerializerPath in /home/icejerse/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php on line 133
{"success":1,"post":"

Okay seems like it only happens when posting a link. Looks like there was a security update on Sept. 25th released by IP Boards to address a security issue and this has been happening to a ton of other forums ever since.

With the number of forums affected, I would expect that IP Boards will patch it soon.

My issue is every time I do a pm or post on a thread the letters are different or it will underline or even put a line throw the words .

I get that base error when I post as well but when I refresh my post goes through

Seems better - haven't encountered it as much this week -

Got this today when I tried to post a picture.

Warning: Base directory HTML_PURIFIER_PATHcache/tmp does not exist, please create or change using %Cache.SerializerPath in /home/icejerse/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php on line 133

Yeh from what I've read, the HTML Purifier kicks in whenever you post something with a link or a picture etc.

A simple text post won't trigger it. The issue is wide spread affecting quite a few IP.Board forums, so it's not just us.