Islanders Acquire Tomas Vanek

DropkickMurphy8

For Matt Moulson, a first rounder in next year's draft and a second rounder in 2015.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24148613/report-thomas-vanek-traded-to-islanders-for-matt-moulson-picks

Me personally, as a Rangers fan, I like Moulson. He's obviously not Grabner or JT, but he's a solid hockey player. That first round pick could be more costly, but Vanek is a good pickup for the Isles. They looked like a good team in the short season last year, not really sure what this does for them as far as helping them contend, but it's certainly a good trade for the here and now.

Edit: Stupid me forgetting the H in Thomas.

I think it would have pretty much been a good trade straight up, with no picks. But, hey, at least they got something extra!

A few people on here know my feelings towards Moulson. He is an extremely nice guy (he played in our fantasy football/baseball leagues a few times) but he no longer fits with this team. He is useless on any line that isn't the first. I really dont think he hits 20 goals without a first line center. A legit first line center. The majority of his points are on the power play. He was abysmal in the playoffs.

I think that move should be known as the "Thornton".

So I had a royal flush at last night's poker game. After I showed my cards I pulled off a wicked Thornton.