When's the next big MeiGray sale?

mfitz804

Didn't buy something during the summer sale and I definitely regret it. Do they have big sale events at other times during the year or do I need to wait for next summer?

Yep.. They have a holiday sale every years that begins the day after Thanksgiving here in the USA. :thumbsup:

Discounts at the Black Friday sale aren't as large as the Summer sale from what I recall though.

Here is last year's Holiday sale.

Major differences:

1) Last year's jerseys (2012-13) may be on sale for the first time. They were full price over the summer, but history suggests they are likely to be 25% off for the Holiday sale.

2) Instead of 50% off like in the summer, it's usually buy one, get one free (equal or lesser value) OR 40% off. Unless you get two jerseys of the exact same price, it's a worse deal.

3) Last year a big shake up was with regards to NHL training camp/pre-season jerseys. They were all 50% off, a huge discount over previous sales. It's unclear if that's a new thing that will be continued this year, or it just was done to promote sales during the lockout/help get rid of overstock of those jerseys one time.

3) Last year a big shake up was with regards to NHL training camp/pre-season jerseys. They were all 50% off, a huge discount over previous sales. It's unclear if that's a new thing that will be continued this year, or it just was done to promote sales during the lockout/help get rid of overstock of those jerseys one time.

When I last spoke to Barry he mentioned that that was just done to promote sales during the lockout. Obviously things can change, but I'm not expecting them to all be 50% off.

I hope that there will be a good sale this winter. I can't wait til next summer. We'll see if they want to clear out inventory. I'd like to buy two more team issued jerseys to strip and customize and possibly a Duchene game worn before they go way too high in the next few years. I should have bought his game worn when they were going for $950 a few years back or even when they were $1250. At least I practically stole a O'Reilly game worn before he had a breakout season.

It is a little ridiculous to charge $15-20 for a jersey when it is one state away.

A buy one, get one free sale would be EXACTLY what I need, assuming it applies to the items I have in mind.

• 3 weeks later...

In case everyone didn't catch it, the Meigray Holiday sale started early. It started this past Saturday (11/23). Go get 'em!

The sale did NOT apply to the game issued AHL jerseys I had in mind. I did e-mail them to make sure, and they offered me enough of a deal for me to pull the trigger.

Two Lowell Devils Game Issueds for $250, red and white. YES, I'll take 'em.

• 1 month later...

Just now received in the mail from MeiGray two Letters of Authenticity for the two game issued Lowell Devils jerseys. I just bought them to wear them, but getting two letters addressed to me on Devils letterhead and signed by Lou Lamoriello was pretty cool!

• 2 years later...

Given that I don't have any experience with buying at Meigray so far, can maybe anybody tell me if they normally lower any prices before Christmas? Or is the sale that started on Black Friday already all they do? Does make sense to offensively ask for a discount on a certain jersey? Any experiences on this?

Thanks!!!

1 hour ago, Pens4ever said:

Given that I don't have any experience with buying at Meigray so far, can maybe anybody tell me if they normally lower any prices before Christmas? Or is the sale that started on Black Friday already all they do? Does make sense to offensively ask for a discount on a certain jersey? Any experiences on this?

Thanks!!!

The Black Friday sale was nothing to write home about, so don't worry if you missed anything there.

You can always email them an offer on an item, and they will usually negotiate to an extent, but Barry has been less willing to haggle over the past couple of years. 

24 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

The Black Friday sale was nothing to write home about, so don't worry if you missed anything there.

You can always email them an offer on an item, and they will usually negotiate to an extent, but Barry has been less willing to haggle over the past couple of years. 

Great! Thanks for the info and contact them if there's a bit of a margin for negotiation.

As for the sales, I believe there's two big sales each year.  The Black Friday/Christmas sale that is going on now.  And, the summer sale that usually starts after the Expo.

1 hour ago, Pens4ever said:

Great! Thanks for the info and contact them if there's a bit of a margin for negotiation.

In my experience, if you miss a sale, and ask for the discount that was offered in that last sale, you'll get it. Done it at least 4 times, sometimes months after, and it was no issue. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

In my experience, if you miss a sale, and ask for the discount that was offered in that last sale, you'll get it. Done it at least 4 times, sometimes months after, and it was no issue. 

Exactly and that is usually what gets it done for me.  If the item is on consignment, then you are at the mercy of the consignor.

However, I wouldn't count on more than 40% off a gamer that is at least 2 years old like the summer sale.  Even if the jersey has been sitting there for years and they have tons of them, they would rather keep it rather than hurt the value.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Exactly and that is usually what gets it done for me.  If the item is on consignment, then you are at the mercy of the consignor.

However, I wouldn't count on more than 40% off a gamer that is at least 2 years old like the summer sale.  Even if the jersey has been sitting there for years and they have tons of them, they would rather keep it rather than hurt the value.

Correct, those are excluded from the sales anyway.