Another question about sizing

Silverback53

For my hockey practice/games I'm looking for a white jersey. I want this to be an authentic jersey, of which the quality is better, they are made to play hockey in and authentics are one of the most beautiful pieces of 'clothing' that I ever have seen.

I already got me a coloured authentic which is a Nashville Predators CCM 6100 (?) 1999-2000 size 48. This size is, even with equitpment a little large on me so I figured, if I am looking for another CCM jersey, this should be a size 46.

However, I want to dabble in the Reebok Edge world of jerseys, hoping that I am evenly amazed about the quality as I am with CCM authentic, and hoping I could snag one for a very good price, btw.

My question is, should I go for a size 46 or size 50 or even 52 (like St Louis, Briere etc. which are about the same length as I am)? I am not sure on this level, because of the different measurements, it seems that this varies (between Edge and Edge 2.0?).

At this moment I am also using a CCM 550 replica size Small, which is ok round my chest, but a little to tight and short around the hem/hips.

If somenone could help me or redirect me to another topic, thanks in advance.

EDGE's are way more tapered than 6100 so I'd guess you'd need at least a 50. Plus try to get a 2.0 as they are sturdier than the 1.0's IMO.

Really dig the help bro, but this size chart puzzles me even more. Firstly there is no size 48 for Reebok Edge.

Really dig the help bro, but this size chart puzzles me even more. Firstly there is no size 48 for Reebok Edge.

Ignore that size chart. That's a size chart for fakes. I don't get why that was posted (other than possible garbage promotion of that fake site).

Here's an old sizing chart I put together when the Edge jerseys first came out. With the Edge 2.0s and Indo Edges etc. I don't know that it's still accurate:

sizing_chart.gif

SportsK has a ton of size charts - I'd check them out too.

Thanks a bunch akteon.

Just measured my CCM authentic jersey:

Sleeve E to E: 62"

Collar to BH: 30"

Armpit to Armpit: 24"

This means I can go up to 52 with Edge (1.0). Sleeves are a bit long on Edges though.

I really dig this procurement project. Thanks again folks. :thumbsup:

When you measure "pit to pit" do you go to the seem or do you estimate where the center of the pit is (usually there is a diamond shaped gusset sewn in under the arms)?

When you measure "pit to pit" do you go to the seem or do you estimate where the center of the pit is (usually there is a diamond shaped gusset sewn in under the arms)?

I measure the seam, not the gusset. Like this diagram:

CCM-Jersey-Sizing.gif

I wear a ccm 6100 48 and wear a edge 2.0 52, but since 2.0 are hard to get so I buy game issued 54. It's a bit big on me, but i rather have a 54 2.0 than a 52 1.0.

Not for nothing, but who the hell is Reebok using for a template if they think we all need 36-37 inch sleeves on a hockey jersey? Even over pads these are nuts.

I only own old CCM and Starter jerseys, so I went into a sporting goods store today to try on some Reebok Premiers so I would have an idea what I wear in case a nice one surfaces. Both L and XL sleeves went past my fingers. I wear a 48 in old style jerseys and a 16.5/34 dress shirt. I'm pretty average size so this is a bit confusing to me.

Next time I'm in the city I'll have to wander into Cosby's and try on the Edge jerseys.

Not for nothing, but who the hell is Reebok using for a template if they think we all need 36-37 inch sleeves on a hockey jersey? Even over pads these are nuts.

Agreed. I happen to wear a 37 inch sleeve and the older CCM jerseys were always a bit short on me, so I appreciate it. But most people must have an issue with the long sleeves.