Ohlensehlen35

Well I'm pretty new to these forums but love hearing what jerseys everyone likes. Since buffalo debuted their new third jersey today ( wish they hadn't haha) I started thinking about their past jerseys. I was wondering how you guys feel about the Sabres jersey history. A couple stand out in my head that I like so i want to know what would be your top five from Buffalo. Here's my personal list.

1. Previous "throwback" alternate, I enjoyed the stitching on the numbers and thought it was a clean looking jersey.

2. Red crossed sabres alternate. I liked the addition of the red jersey with the black and white home and aways.

3. Original jerseys. I like the bright blue and gold, just the classic simple look.

4. Current home jerseys. It's a mix of modern and older Buffalo look although I think they could take the gray out.

5. Last but not least the "buffaslug" jersey. The logo wasn't the best buffalo has had but the striping on the jersey looked great. Also they added numbers to the upper right portion of the torso which I felt was a good looking touch to the jersey.

Those are my picks for Buffalo. They have had some great jerseys but after tonight I just want to forget their alternates exist.

The various incarnations of the original jersey are my favorite. I like the ultrafil ones most and then the durene ones. The alternates were cool, the number on the front was a fresh change but not enough to elevate it above the originals. I hate pretty much anything that doesn't have the original crest, with the exception of the alternate fire and brimestone ones. I loved the crest, the color combo was awesome and if you got a #81 SATAN it looked more like an elaborate shirt for a metal band than a hockey jersey.

1.9f91f9929f80c1f735a962b421c7cd9d.jpg?ito

2.biron_m_r2.jpg

3.Sabres911NY.jpg

4.mogilny-ftf.jpg

5.IMG_1512.jpg

Pre Edge Buffaslug only

My favorite jerseys were the black and red era. They were the ones I practically grew up identifying the team with, and the home and roads had just a slick, sharp awesome design.

ept_sports_nhl_experts-674599635-1294513

miroslav-satan_1.jpg

485.jpg

Buffalo-Sabres-Red-Alternate-Jersey-2000

And the logos. Dang, the logos...I love them so much. The color scheme was great, too. Grey as a highlight seemed to be a thing in the 90's. And they used it perfectly. I want to have all three of these beauties in my collection some day.

I also like the classic look as well, and it's cool that it inspired the current look (though in the current one I'd like for the grey piping to go away, otherwise it's a great set). I'd love to see a red/black era throwback some day though.

Miss that bison head...but yeah your new stuff isn't so great.

I like the black jerseys the best. Seems like they don't get the appreciation they deserve. I'm a Rangers fan and still had to buy one (and I play with it on in my league). Great jersey.

• 2 weeks later...

The various incarnations of the original jersey are my favorite. I like the ultrafil ones most and then the durene ones. The alternates were cool, the number on the front was a fresh change but not enough to elevate it above the originals. I hate pretty much anything that doesn't have the original crest, with the exception of the alternate fire and brimestone ones. I loved the crest, the color combo was awesome and if you got a #81 SATAN it looked more like an elaborate shirt for a metal band than a hockey jersey.

agree......81 SATAN´+ the head on the front looking like the devil himself + a B for bible with a sword though it on the shoulders.........i have not worn mine many times, i will tell you that......................... :lol:

i got my aut. home jersey straight from the team shop after they lost in the finals...........i was still a kid by heart i guess, because along with the mailorder and check, i sent them a drawing of brett hull being decapitated with a hockey stick..........i am not kidding ..... :lol: .............i wonder what they thought when they saw it, .....i spendt a lot of time drawing that with color pencils.

they used pro player in 99 and mine is a ccm.........must have been in 2000 or 01´ then, i was still mad ?? :P