Rogers T.V. deal

Krendelev

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=693152&navid=nhl:topheads

It says Rogers will have the rights to all the playoff and Stanley Cup finals games, as well as special event games like the All-Star game. Does this mean that CBC will no longer be broadcasting the playoffs. If so that would suck. Right now if a game is on both NBCSN and CBC I only watch on CBC because I HATE the majority of the broadcasters on NBCSN, especially that Pierre guy, he is just creepy. I don't live in Canada so I don't think I can get Rogers as part of my cable system.

If you don't live in Canada, why does it matter? This isn't relevant to you, only to people who actually reside in Canada. Or are you just upset that you'll have to watch on NBCSN? (How can you not like Doc Emerick btw?)

Nothing changes this year but next year CBC will still be broadcasting HNIC Saturday games as well as games in the playoffs. The CBC broadcast will be fully controlled by Rogers starting next year so they decide who does play by play what hosts are on the show and all other content related to the telecast.

(How can you not like Doc Emerick btw?)

Because he is worse than chalkboard scratching, and he spends more time with his irrelevant stories than actual PBP. I realize that goes perfectly with those of that actually enjoy Metropolitan Division hockey, but if you grew up listening to Throne and Clement, the NBC announcers lineup is worse than the NBC Prime Time lineup.

Because I live close enough to Canada that I get CBC out of Windsor Ontario. I've grown up watching HNIC, it's the only way I got to see hockey as a kid in the 70's, and for most of my adult life it was the only way to see teams other than the Wings play.

If you don't live in Canada, why does it matter? This isn't relevant to you, only to people who actually reside in Canada. Or are you just upset that you'll have to watch on NBCSN? (How can you not like Doc Emerick btw?)

I think Doc is one of the best announcers in hockey, I wish the Rangers would give him a job. Sam Rosen is getting annoying and whoever that other guy is who does the west coast games is worse. New York is the greatest city in the world for professional sports and yet we have the worst announcers. Suzyn Waldman and John Sterling are the absolute worst.

I think Doc is one of the best announcers in hockey, I wish the Rangers would give him a job. Sam Rosen is getting annoying and whoever that other guy is who does the west coast games is worse. New York is the greatest city in the world for professional sports and yet we have the worst announcers. Suzyn Waldman and John Sterling are the absolute worst.

Doc is the man. Might be a different story if I had to listen to him on a heavy rotation though

This explains so much in your choice of teams. :lol:

Emerick tries too hard to make the game sound a lot more elegant than it is/should be.

He throws out all these fancy sounding adjectives to make himself sound all learned, I often wonder if I'm watching a hockey game or a poetry slam. It's like he thinks he can't use the same word twice in same hockey game for some reason, there doesn't have to be an infinite different number of replacement words for "pass" and "shoot" etc.

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE into the paraphernalia of (insert your team's goalie here).

In all seriousness, Rogers better pick up all the TSN personalities and drop all their dead weight. Sportsnet rivals The Score for the worst sports network in Canada.

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE into the paraphernalia of (insert your team's goalie here).

In all seriousness, Rogers better pick up all the TSN personalities and drop all their dead weight. Sportsnet rivals The Score for the worst sports network in Canada.

+1

Sportsnet personalities are all crap in my opinion.....