Ohlensehlen35

My friend and I were talking and we both like the CCM jerseys, I was wondering if anyone felt the same? The RBK jerseys are nice but I feel like teams don't have that creativity like they used to because they are limited with the edge design. I know they are lighter and give the players more mobility and all but they just don't appeal to me like the CCM, Koho and starter/ pro players do. So how do you feel about it? would you like to see the crazy fun designs like CCM jerseys or do you prefer the sleeker RBK Edge jerseys?

I think most of us would obviously rather have a lot of the old uniforms that teams had, the switch to EDGE really hurt teams like Dallas and Colorado, Ottawa and Buffalo etc. That said, these days it all depends on the player you're wanting to put on the jersey. You're not going to put Ryan Callahan on a CCM Rangers jersey because he's never worn CCM on the ice. Just like you wouldn't put Wayne Gretzky on a Reebok or Koho jersey (some people on here wouldn't put him on any jersey, but that's a different animal)

It all depends on what player you want because in this hobby, accuracy counts.

It depends, for me, on some factors.

I miss the pre-Edge designs in general. Though, Reebok was trying to market the Edge, since it was a new thing and all, by redesigning some of the jerseys, and some were even templates used on more than one (like the Pens, Senators and Lightning). As for the factors that emphasized what Edge had to offer, especially piping, a lot of teams have been lately upgrading to jerseys that have the more traditional feel to them, like Nashville and Florida. And, like Florida, many, many teams have been changing designs to reflect a team's inaugural days, replacing the modern designs with the classic ones, and bringing back their old jerseys for the most part, such as Edmonton, the Isles, Buffalo, and more or less, Vancouver, L.A. and Washington.

As far as designs and creativity goes, I'm gaining new faith in the Edge. It pains me to see that teams like Dalls and Colrado dropped their classic unique pre-Edge jerseys, and I have heard that the templates wouldn't fit on the new jerseys. But, as I've seen from Calgary's new alternate, there are spikes on the shoulder yokes, like there were in Colorado's, which makes me thing that they could really bring back some of the old creativity they had with the pre-Edge jerseys. The curved hems of the Edge, as opposed to the flat ones before, is a little iffy in terms of designing, but for the most part teams have made the most of it.

Now, in terms of texture, I think I prefer Edge. I've worn both Edge and pre-Edge sweaters, and I have to admit, Edge feels nice, smooth and soft, whereas in comparison, the older jerseys are a bit rough. The striping and patch material possibly has changed over the years too, so Idunno.

CCM is my favorite hockey manufacturer next to Starter, I love both of their jerseys, and wish that Starter would go back to making hockey merchandise, and hopefully jerseys in the future, or at least CCM.

I'm pretty sure Starter just makes jackets now. I could swear they were bought out by Pro Player, who then went out of business, so Starter could be a totally different company now. I could also be drunk and not know what the hell I'm talking about.

I agree. Same logo, different company.

Nike bought Starter in 2004, then sold it to a new group in 2007. Now it is exclusively a Walmart brand. #fail

I agree. Same logo, different company.

Nike bought Starter in 2004, then sold it to a new group in 2007. Now it is exclusively a Walmart brand. #fail

No kidding. In the 90s Starter was huge on NFL jerseys as well. Not sure where it all went wrong but like Champion...they are a socks & sweatbands brand now...sad, almost?

i definitely prefer the CCM jerseys over the Edge trash. i like the larger cut and heavier materials they use. to me they are more comfortable to play in and wear casually. i don't understand the desire for a snug form fitting jersey, personally i hate playing with a jersey that fits this way. the heavy material while it may cause you to stay hotter, at least i know the jersey will hold up to heavy game use. i've seen far too many Rbk Edge jerseys with barely any use to them begin pilling, snagging and falling apart

i prefer the CCMs also because it meant the teams were able to 'freelance' and design their jerseys how they saw fit. i don't like the template idea at all, because it means there are too many 'look alikes' from one team to another. not to mention it began the move away from more traditional looking jerseys imo. the use of the piping on the Rbk Edge to me has become an overused disaster. the Edge jerseys to me in many ways are to 'busy' and need to take a step back.

compare an old Whalers to a present day Pens or Sens jersey for example. I will take the classic look of the Whalers every time

Definitely prefer the cut and the material of the CCM jerseys. But I do own both, and I am appreciating EDGE jerseys more. The Reebok Premier jerseys are trash in my opinion. That material pulls and runs way too easy.

Hockey jersey designs were so much better when there were multiple companies making jerseys. I love the Starter mesh jerseys and the Nike jerseys from the mid '90's, especially the Duck's alternates with the shiny material on the sleves. I also like the Edge 2.0 jerseys. The 1.0 and Indo edge's suck, but the 2.0's are well made and comfortable to play hockey in. My all time favorites are probably the ultrafil jerseys though. They are nice and heavy and you know you're wearing a hockey jersey when you put one of those on.

I much prefer the CCM days when jerseys were made with ultrafil and teams had free reign with creativity. Thankfully, as a Blackhawks and Devils fan, neither jersey changed when going from the old style to EDGE. I own ultrafil, air knit, 1.0, and 2.0 jerseys and will always take an ultrafil over anything else any day of the week. Although, regarding sizing, size 48 ultrafils fit me better in the body while the sleeves were always about 2-3" too short so I'd opt for 52. I do like size 50 in EDGE for the overall fit.

But man, the old Dallas Stars jerseys, Pens 3rd, Avs, Blues, Ducks 3rd, Lightning 3rd, and so many others were just so ###### creative and unique! It's impossible not to love them (even the bastardly ugly jerseys!).

• 1 year later...

Personally, I prefer the fit of the older CCM jerseys. I felt that at 6'6", they were longer than the Edge jerseys. I also miss the creativity that some teams had as some have posted and hope when the next version of Jersey hits, we'll have the older style back.

On a side note, I went from around 460 lbs down to about 300 over the last three years and have to say that ALL jerseys feel a lot better! haha

But man, the old Dallas Stars jerseys, Pens 3rd, Avs, Blues, Ducks 3rd, Lightning 3rd, and so many others were just so ###### creative and unique! It's impossible not to love them (even the bastardly ugly jerseys!).

Oh dear God, even the Mooterus design?