1998 Canada Jersey Help?

mittens011

Hi All,

I just picked up a 1998 style Team Canada jersey in home white and a size 48. I already own a Nike road red jersey in the same size that I know is authentic. The new one I got looks really good comparitively (fabrics, stitching, tags, fight strap), exept that the pucks on the Canada logos are brown. I'm pretty sure that this makes it a fake, but was there ever a time when the pucks on the logos weren't black or a Nike/Bauer glitch that anyone knows about? When did Nike start manufacturing these jerseys?

I'm new to this forum, so thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your stay here.

You will find a wealth of info about jerseys here, so feel free to look around!

Now to address your questions.

1) The jerseys worn by Team Canada in the 1998 Nagano Olympics were made by Bauer, so this would be a 1999-2000 era shirt.

This would have been worn in tournaments like the World Junior Championships and possibly the World Hockey Championships.

2) The browning on the logo you mentioned could just be discolouring (maybe it was washed and whatever detergent was used could have caused it)

If you can provide pictures that would help

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

its not a fake. def authentic. probably got thrown in with some chlorine or something. that has happened to some of my shorts I wore swimming. the black logos turned brown.